Reviews for Rite of Passage
Guest chapter 2 . 11/16/2013
You should write a story about when this does happen! That would be a great story...
Audrie Michelle chapter 2 . 5/24/2010
Hope we get to see Gibbs follow through on his request!
dakota.doc chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Know this response belongs to Ch2, but it won't let me do another one. I forgot to mention just cause she now outranks him, hope she won't be calling him "Gibbs" (next to the last para) instead of Uncle Gibbs in any more stories. I love the "family feeling" of the series and if she calls him plain "Gibbs", it's like it more Military than family.
smartkid37 chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
very nicely done.
this is one of my favorite series of stories.
the close-knit extended family that is the team, is great.

keep 'em comin'
alix33 chapter 2 . 4/19/2010
'Aw, Tim! Our baby's first Gibbs-slap!' 'Yeah... they grow up so fast...', her father replied, chuckling at the parody of the usual 'child's milestones' exchange. Suddenly, his face lit up and he added, 'Hey! Tony owes me fifty bucks!' 'Daddy! You bet on whether Gibbs would hit me?' 'Um... actually, it was which one of you girls he would headslap first.' 'DiNozzo thought I'd have to smack Katie before Leigh?' Gibbs asked, sounding incredulous. 'Hey!' 'He pointed out that you don't head-slap Abby, and Leigh's more like her, so he thought...' Gibbs shook his head, his amusement at his former agents' wager clear. Leigh caught his eye and opened her mouth to protest, but thought better of it when he raised one eye-brow at her and jerked his head in the direction of the steaming pot of potatoes still waiting for her attention." - Hehehe.
alix33 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
"Only Leigh wasn't doing anything at the moment, and he told her to mash the potatoes, the words sounding more like an order than a request. She took two steps towards the drawer where he kept his kitchen gadgets, then suddenly stopped, crossing her arms in front of her chest and grinning at him. 'You know, I outrank you, Gunny,' she told him mischievously. She'd taken her first salute from Gibbs after her commissioning ceremony, and had seen more than just pride in his eyes as she stood before him in her dress uniform, her ensign's bars newly pinned to her collar. She'd always felt a special connection with the man after whom she was named, and knew that he was proud of her decision to follow his example and pursue a military career. But, returning his salute, she'd realised that the bond between them had subtly shifted; they now shared a duty as well. And this man, whom she'd grown up calling 'Uncle', who had been as much an authority figure as her parents, who had taken her over his knee more than once, was saluting her, acknowledging her authority over him. She'd known that command came with responsibility, but she'd never really felt it until that moment. And the idea that, if somehow by some surreal turn of events they found themselves in a combat situation together, she'd be the one giving the orders, had shaken her to the core. But now she was finally enough at ease with the idea of actually being an officer to be able to joke about it. So, leaving the 'you can't tell me what to do anymore' unsaid, she giggled, spun on her heel, and headed towards the dining-room. A moment later, she felt a sharp impact on the back of her head. She yelped and turned around quickly. 'Smartass,' Gibbs said with a laugh, tousling her hair as he deposited the potato masher in her hands." - AW!

Though I think there are certain gunnies, and Gibbs is one and JAG's Gunny Galindez the other, who outrank even the Commandant of the Marines, IMO.
NaughtyAngelBrat chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
I hope that Leigh has the opportunity to learn what Gibbs was trying to tell her soon. Speaking from experience, I know how guilt can eat you up, especially when you don't have anyone willing or able to help you deal with it. You can always learn from your mistakes, but dealing with the aftermath amd guilt is something entirely different.

Very well written and thoughtout.

Hugs, Che'
wandamarie chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
WOW IT WAS A GOOD CHAPTER THANKS
Sophia2003 chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
I have to echo an earlier comment - this is yet another wonderful road you've taken us down and I do hope we'll get to see some of Leigh's time on "active duty" and as she grows into the career she's chosen for herself. Well done!
Indigo1100 chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
Nice chapter! Yep, lovely milestone. Thanks!
Kara1626 chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
I love the bet - haha! And is that a bit of foreshadowing there?

I think I missed something. When did the girls figure out/find out that Gibbs spanked their parents?
GibbsFan chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
even though Leigh knows how Gibbs has taken her parents and the others in hand. along with Gibbs sharing with her that his CO's took care of him. why is it that i somehow don't believe that Leigh thinks Gibbs would ever follow through with taking her in hand.
dakota.doc chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
Are you planning (at some date) to carry this forward. I would like to see Leigh's "active duty" tour now and again.
pixiedust1950 chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
great story, very funny. Now I have to read your other stories to find out who Leigh and Katie are. I'm assuming Katie is not Kate Todd since she has a sister and is Tim and Abby's daughter. Reading your other stories will give me something fun to do on my day off;)
IrishDipstick chapter 2 . 4/18/2010