Reviews for Big Trouble, Little Slayer
AnFan-n-More chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Okay, you've finally gotten me to comment on a story :) Not that I wasn't planning on giving you a review or two, but the short ones haven't prompted much for me to review except "Nice Job". I do have to say that you've captured Joss' magic for the Buffy series. The problem I've seen with others writing this series is they miss the je ne sais quoi that kept the series from being the dark dank and depressing hell hole of a story it should have been given the realities in it. I believe the tvtropes site tries to describe this quality with it's Buffy Speak entry, but it really encompasses many more aspects of the characters than just the language. For instance, the bouncy energetic youthfulness of the female characters, with the inclusion of outright silliness and weird that is included in the story like the musical. If you don't capture these and other important balancing or counteracting influences on the hell that is life in that story, you just end up with a depressing and sad fic.

In other words, I like your Buffy stories a lot :)

I also am writing this review because I think you've hit a very good crossover with the BTLC movie. Though I think you should go and watch the movie a few more times and write a new one. I think the part of this that is lacking from what I've read so far, is that you haven't put in enough dialog for Jack. Even in the descriptive parts of this story it was all about his narrative style that gave the movie such a wonderful flavor and humor.

Since I haven't written many reviews for your short stories, I will also say that I've enjoyed every one that I've added to my favorites a great deal. Even with the broken aspects of the stories that span multiple entries.

You're writing ability is a gift and I'm very happy that I've stumbled upon your offering to those of us out here looking for entertainment. Thanks.
maipigen chapter 2 . 12/15/2010
Loved it, but then again I usually love all the little original ideas spewing out from you:)

Thanks for writing more in this universe that you've created.

Happy writing

ditte mai

denmark
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Okay, you just like pairing Buffy with people, don't you? :D
gaul1 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
interesting one shot, byes
madbrad chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Well, he's a bit of a cradle-snatcher, but it's a happy ending, and he *has* kept her alive.

An enjoyable little tale, thanks!
Sylistra the scholar chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
I loved it.

I am a huge Buffy fan, and I was raised on BTLC. Your narration was excellent, and the story itself was awesome.
maipigen chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
whoa.

You did something I didn't even knoe I missed.

In my family BTLC has been a cult movie ever since it was made. I love Jack and I just love the whole 'verse from that film. Then to find you mixing it up with Buffy is just...lol, I loved it. I know I usually love all your stories, but this one is very close to my heart;)

I hope you'll embellish on it sometime or maybe add a few chappies of things they run in to. I'm thinking that one of them pit stops might just turn out to be near the infamous John Winchester and his two young boys;)

Can't wait to read more of your great stories!

Happy writing

ditte mai

denmark
Jearom chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I LOVE IT! I am a huge fan of Big Trouble in Little China. This was awesome!