Reviews for Promise
jmolly chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
You've put so much character development into a short piece that it's just stunning. Loved the rooster imagery, and the last line. Thanks for writing :)
denverpopcorn chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Very nice effort here, lady. I liked the "rooster" references early on. It made me smile, envisioning the "hens" running around E.

I'm always a fan of using stuff from canon and also mixing it up. Emmett as the bad guy? You sold it well here. He was a jerk.

Also, good job of weaving in back story, instead of spending too much time on background.

The only questions I have are: What is up with Renee? Did I miss something? I didn't understand why she acted the way she did. Maybe just a one line reference to her crazy would have worked.

Thanks for writing...it was lovely.
rdrumm5 chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
I think i enjoyed this story? I liked Jasper and kinda Alice. Hated Emmett. Where was Rose? Hated that there was a lot of weed in this story. I really enjoyed how well you got the backgrounds done. I didn't like Alice at her own party as well. Good story.
foreverandnevr chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
this is an awesome story! happy and sad and perfect :)
venis-envy chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Yeah, that was hot. Very nice, bb. *fans self* thank you :)
Gondolier chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Ah, the drama of high school. Great read, thanks for writing!
cinnamoncandy chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
This is a fabulous story. There is lots of potential for a multi chapter story. I hope you continue it. I put it on story alert just in case!
asiula chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Great to see the ending! I like it! :)
TeamKStewRPattz chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Oh SO good

i really like it

:DD

i hope u continue with it

GREAT!
itaipu chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Hey, that was good! D

I love o/s with them on school.. and you write really good!

I'm gonna stay on watch for more stuff you write (:

Congrdulation on the fic!
mskathy chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
I like that Alice motioned her over and is reaching out to her. Love Alice.

Interesting that Jasper and Edward are friends, and Emmett is sort of the outcast. I like that twist.

Bleh, I hate Lauren.

yay for friendship with Jasper!

I think everyone had that friend that was different alone versus how they acted around their "friends" - feels so very relatable.

I feel so awful for Bella. What a terrible mother Renee is. It hurts my heart, literally.

Ugh. I want to junk punch Emmett, tank or not.

Rawr. Hot first kiss.

I'm so glad that even in the middle of this intense moment building for them, Bella is (realistically) worried that Edward's just playing her. So, so real, and exactly what someone in that position would think.

I loved their first time together! Hooray for dry humps made of win! Great job, bb. This was delicious.
MaleficentKnits chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
ah.. if only every *new girl* could eventually fit in so well...
venti.turtl chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
That was great! I really enjoyed it. Loved all the backstory you were able to put in on the characters.

The no-naked rule was clever and cute.

And the last two lines were just perfect IMO.

Thanks!
frlarsson chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Loved your story, )

best wishes, Linda
AlixMaret chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Loved it. You had a real story to tell that goes so far beyond the (very satisfying) clothed lemons. It wasn't easy to pick just three great stories in this contest - but it was clear this had to be one of them.

I can't believe you've packed such rich back-history and such complex, three-dimensional characters into a one-shot. They all feel real - even, or actually especially, your superficial, slightly malicious, popular-jock Emmett. That's a nice bit of unexpected, but not really far-fetched OCC writing (as is your Renee).

I love your bruised but brave Bella. She's such a fantastic amalgamation of contradictions - and yea, she's funny too. I adore your Jasper; everyone should have a friend like that. Your Edward is gorgeous, on the inside, where it really counts and it's great to see him grow into it during these 10,0 words. It makes where he ends up his own conscious and not so simple choice rather than "poof" here's a perfect Edward acting as Bella's knight in shining armor.

Thanks for a great read.