Reviews for Tales of Tortall
Buffintruda chapter 42 . 8/16/2014
I can't believe anyone would mix these two amazing fandoms, but you did a fantastic job of it. Why are you not continuing this? This is beautiful! The OCs are wonderful and I really like how they affect the Captains so positively. I never realized the similarities between the Scanran killing machines and the Cybermen. Is the Doctor going to ever show up? I know that the Gates are closed, but if anybody could slip through, it would be him.
Kaitie85386 chapter 42 . 9/11/2013
Loved it, wish there were more!
Hannatude chapter 14 . 12/10/2012
So I went back and watched the episode in question and I have to say I totally agree with Numair -
Young Ianto is not friendly.
- Hanna, via 3DS
Hannatude chapter 11 . 12/10/2012
27 F-bombs. That's gotta be some sort of record.
Then again, it *is* Owen...
- Hanna, via 3DS
whydobirdsfall chapter 42 . 12/10/2012
why do birds fall out of the sky every time, you walk by . . . . . (mirrmsk)

I recently started reading torchwood slash fics and this was recommended by a friend of mine on deviant art. I was not disappointed. I love the way these stories are meshed. It's like they were a smore of melted goodnessy ness. :'D made no sense but bear with me.

Towards Torchwood: I enjoy the descriptions of the basic stories and the interactions of the other characters. I do also like the way you handle the different realms and times and places to wonderful accuracy. I am however horrified that you haven't submitted any of the "After Jack Leaves" stories. He is going to come back somehow right? Leaving Ianto is like loosing a limb. I understand he's not alone but to build it up in such a magnificence and then just flick the switch on it, hurts me. (like I almost stopped reading after the first chapter that it just hit me) I understand it had to be done but I would like some hope. (after stories, a chance at one-upping the gods, a boundery in which they could reside, something, deux ex even) but other than that one little quandary, I am good good good. :D

Towards Tortall: I love the way you stick to this universe. I read the Alanna books in middle school and they were pretty bad ass. I like the consistency and the feel you give them. Questions though? I'm wondering if you are going to include the others there. (like Alanna's daughter and the others who came after. I only managed to read the trickster's two but I would like to see it included. I don't know much about the beka quart, -i think its a 4 books-) Other than that one hopefull, I am happy. :D So happy my face is breaking in it's happiness! :D Also, you made them super bad ass. The war arc was probably my favorite part, didn't much like kel but you wrote her so wonderfully, she kinda started to grow on me. (I may re-read the POS quartet) Also, Roger. I would like him to come back (for something small or big or just there) I loooooooved him as a villain. :D He's like that evil relative that we all have and Jon needs some dark in his life. I was also wondering if you were going to bring in a bit of the who back in but if not, that's okay.

On separate notes- you have some good writing skills and the grammar looks fine. If I ever felt the need to fine tooth comb it, I might find something but for an average joe (june) who didn't go on a accuracy unhinging, I find it to be a well-done and finely written piece of material. It's got a flowing way about it but it doesn't trap/tangle you, it coerces you into reading more, coaxing almost like a nudge. Also, It enough of both works that people who have never encountered either series, can catch on with the plots and characters easily.

EXCELLENCE! I like it. :D Thank you for your time and I cannot wait to read the next bit you have prepared.

RiverHunter chapter 42 . 2/4/2012
Can I give a story idea? So basically, Rob walk into class with a black eye and the pages are all like O.O WHST HAPPENED? Cause this is Rob, and he's all like 'er, nothing...' but everyone's suspicious and he finally cracks and tells his classmates that his father is visiting the castle and that Rob disagreed with him, and well...yeah. And then they realize that Ianto's listening to them and Rob is like oh shit! But Ianto just looks at them oddly and leaves. And then everything goes to hell for Rob's father. His food ends up cold and overcooked, his clothes get ruined in the wash, his bath ends up cold... You get the picture. Finally his dad just gives up and runs back to his holdings while giving some transparent excuse. The cadets corner Ianto asking WHAT DID YOU DO (and how, courtesy of Dan and Liam) and just goes all 'how could I POSSIBLY have done that?' all innocently but before they leave goes 'on a different note, it's interesting how if you help out with the washing up sometimes, the servants will do quite a bit for you.' Once again the cadets will be dumbfounded. And that night, not one of them will have failed to help with the dishes.

Another idea is Ianto matchmaking Kathy and Dan like, 'if you could get your eyes off of Kathy, this next theorem will make tonight's hw all that much easier...' and making things awkward the way only Ianto can.

And (I REALLY wanna see this one), Ianto acting as Kel and Lalasa's legal representation at the trial and being BRILLIANT at it, calling up obscure laws and precedents. And when he fails at making Joren's punishment higher(through no fault of his own, he's a fabulous lawyer), going on to develop a servants union.

And I haven't even said how awesome this 'verse and your writing is! Oh wait, I just did. Absolutely amazing, I swear! You, my friend, are going on my favorite authors list!
cd1 chapter 42 . 7/12/2011
Just seen a clip for the new series of Torchwood, Gwens baby is called Anwen. Cool .
Isis the Sphinx chapter 42 . 5/6/2011
I do believe the word that goes here is "Crap."

Meaaaan cliffie.

Looking forward to more. Keep writing!
L.A.H.H chapter 42 . 5/5/2011
Excellent chapter! Oh dear, you've got us worrie dnow. x
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 42 . 5/5/2011
When you mentioned the leather jacket I thought it was the 9th Doctor. Will the Doctor or Gwen feature directly in Tortall? And why would things go badly when Roald takes the throne? Someone trying to take advantage of a young king? Brilliant as ever.
dwelian chapter 41 . 4/25/2011
Woohoo! Update! So glad you're continuing this story, because I love it to bits.

And good lord; does Jack EVER have nightmare material residing in his brain. Ianto has no idea...
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 41 . 4/25/2011
Yes, you really are a sucker for hurt comfort, I agree. Excellent as usual. Will Gwen make a personal appearance?
L.A.H.H chapter 41 . 4/25/2011
:D Yay for another chapter. Thanks for updating. x
Zarohk Korobase chapter 40 . 3/17/2011
Please continue with the Cadet stories. It is so interesting to see how an entire social and military culture develops from the actions of two men.
Callette chapter 40 . 2/28/2011
I have no objections to your OCs... they're all really well developed. They also enhance both Jack and Iantos' characters.

Great chapter as always (Kitten is adorable).