Reviews for Taken
SaraBahama chapter 4 . 10/15/2016
Amazing! The characterizations are excellent. The line where Jack internally acknowledges that Daniel is both his closest friend and greatest critic rang so true: it is exactly this relationship that we see on screen. This was perfect.
SaraBahama chapter 20 . 10/14/2016
This was amazing! I'm sorry it took me so long to finally read Glinda's story and how her life intersects with the O'Neills. First, I want to compliment you on a thoroughly realistic OC: the gradual reveal of her personality and backstory made her feel so genuine. She certainly has her own voice and diction! The progression and pacing of the capture/escape (near-escape?) felt natural -as things happened in the story, it seemed reasonable that they would occur in the order that they did (right down to the prisoner's perloined shoes). I was on the edge of my seat at the moments of peril.
Your characterization was exquisite. Jack sounded like, well...Jack with each different situation: not overly sappy emotionally, but obviously grappling with concern over the possible harm to Sam and the baby (as well as Glinda), as well as the brotherly love/annoyance in his interactions with Daniel. Sam was also just as lovely, with that delicate balance of scientist and warrior, expectant mother and soldier. Ba'al was perfectly irritating...condescending and superior as I remember him, and your use of the clones as the villain was an excellent choice for your setting. I could continue to rave like a maniac, but I believe I'm about to exceed my word allowance. Well done! Brava! You really should write for a living. 3
weezer42 chapter 20 . 7/14/2015
awww just fabulous on so many levels...so many times I just laughed out loud, and sniffled in places...fantastic.

thank you so much for sharing, it has been a wonderful read.
contrarymotion chapter 20 . 7/25/2011
ahhhh...gah. I don't know how you've done it, but this whole glinda series is just great. You've made me fall in love with her and see Sam and Jack in a new light. And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, the General goes and gives her an SG1 patch! You should see the silly, goofy, smile I've got on my face right now.

Oh, and thanks for not writing another "thor beams us out of harms way" story :-D
Athena121 chapter 20 . 11/29/2010
When you first wrote this I got behind and didn't finish. Read the whole thing and loved it. The final chapter was brilliant. Glinda is such an awesome old lady and the added back story was a lovely touch. Thank you for another fun adventure. (Oh, and glad Ba'al has a growing respect for old people!)
LadyMo chapter 20 . 8/27/2010
Hi. sorry ittook me so long to read the last chapter. i'm not sure why. I love it and love the story so much. that gift that jack gave her was so thughtful and so like him. For jack action speaks louder than words and this action said it all.

thanks again for a wonderful story and a delightful new charater Glinda.

:-)
RoseA26 chapter 20 . 8/23/2010
I finally had some spare time and was able to read this from start to finish, brilliant, Pinky is such a wonderful character and you have written her in to Jack and Sams lives so well, it was a real pleasure to read.

Thanks.
RogueRanger MelanieOZ chapter 17 . 8/20/2010
Aka dad got me into this and I'm so glad he did. This is one of the loveliest stories I've ever read. I'm so glad he got you to write that chapter in the Captives, it made me and my sister cry, thank you. I would really love for Glinda to pop up in my RPG sometime.

Melanie
a. loquita chapter 20 . 8/10/2010
Wow! This was fantastic. My good buddy supplyship rec’d your fic and I’m certainly glad that I took her up on it. Lovely job not only with the characterization of those we know and love (Sam and Jack! And Daniel! And even Bill Lee, hee) but your OC is wonderful! Thanks for all the time and effort that went into this and I’m looking forward to reading more from you.
flower pot girl chapter 20 . 7/18/2010
Wow. This was fantastic.

It seems incredibly greedy to ask for more and I really don't mean anything so long, but I love seeing them through others' eyes and Glinda is such a great character. just snippets would be nice.
Carter's Lab chapter 20 . 7/12/2010
This has been one of the best OC stories that I have been priviledged to read. And Glinda is definitely my favorite OC. It was so well written and your portrayal of Sam and Jack in an after series relationship was very believable.

My favorite line: "Well, it appears that I've not been vanquished." was so SG-1 channeling. And just FYI, I wouldn't mind seeing another Glinda the good witch (farm girl from Kansas) story again.
sg1jo chapter 20 . 7/5/2010
Great story! I can't wait to read the next one, I just love these stories!
leiasky chapter 20 . 7/5/2010
Wonderfully structured and told story. Glinda is a nicely developed OC that didn't take over like so many OC's tend to do.

Well done.
scifithinker chapter 20 . 7/4/2010
Splendid character development and believable action. Kudos for a job well done.
Eternal Density chapter 20 . 7/3/2010
Excellent ending!

There was never any question that they'd get Glinda back with the sarcophagus, but it was splendidly executed (oops, bad word choice there) :D