Reviews for First steps
Igor of Xten chapter 2 . 2/18/2012
Another good piece. I was surprised a few times, and that is ALWAYS a good thing! This is a much more sexually driven Em than Chris has written her and, frankly, it makes perfect sense. (I'm trying desprately not to use the pun of how she is taking matters into her own hands!)

I like the way you've written her mother, it turns her into a major player in a negative sense: she wants to guide Em but ends up doing so in a negative way by forcing her away.

Whilst you've got a logical break here, you've got me interested in where you might take this from here. Surprise me!

Igor
Igor of Xten chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
I swear I've only just spotted this, sorry! It's technically well written (always nice to see!) and I like the direction you're taking it. Em has always been under-utilised as a character and I can't understand why - a girl who has lost everything she has achieved over the past two years, a recluse thrown into a world of car-racers and angels yet having to share classes with kids who she sees as two years younger? Dammit I should write more of my own Misfile fanfic!

This has established a great baseline for future conflict and resolution: does she come out to Ash? How does she react? The recent storyline suggested this is not as simple as we might have thought, but you could take this in your own direction.

You've established the emotional turmoil, I'm looking forward to where you take it.

Igor
Animekidd675 chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
I really wish there was more Misfile fanfiction out there. Great oneshot, I hope you consider continuing this and creating a story :) I'd definitely be interested in reading it.
Jonshine chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Hey,

One of a small pool of Misfile fanfiction. It's a sweet little one-shot, and up there with the stuff written by NoDrogs and Shadowdragon, although it pre-dates at least the first of those. Great job! Can't quite understand why it doesn't have more reviews, but there we go.

Yours,
CrypticMirror chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Hmm, a nice sweet little oneshot. And nice to see an alternative sympathetic take on Mama MacArthur than normal, fandom usually likes to portray her as a raging homophobe.