Reviews for Haute Couture
Shiralala chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Awwww, noooooo! Go oooooonnnnnnn... I want smuuuuuuuut 3
The Old Gods chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
I can feeeel the looove toooniight! That's the way I feel about the mood of this story. It's amazing how you managed to add depth without angst into this difficult couple. Usually England's tsundere attitude makes him borderline abusive to France and it's hard to develop the relationship. I love how IC you kept them but how indulgent England was through this whole ordeal (he has an account! at a department store!) and things he does for France that he wouldn't even consider thinking about for other people (regular annual *shopping* trips). You showed his love for France through his actions without once mentioning it explicitly. I've lurked on for around a decade but I'm glad to give my first review to this wonderful story!
Ceri Moriarty chapter 1 . 9/27/2010

Ah, poor, poor England. Has to put up with France the Crazy and Fashion-Obsessed.

The whole "Don't steal my chocolate then!" line is so funny.
Lilanac chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I never though shopping could be so sexy.

Then again, these two make everything sexy.
Paisley Skies chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
First two lines are epic. XDD

This story is just so fun to read; I adore it. . I love how Arthur says that Francis looks brilliant regardless of what he really thinks. Oh, couples! XD

Poor Arthur, having to endure getting his nails done!

This fic made me grin nearly the entire way through. Thank you for sharing!
0ptimuspenguin chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I 3 this :D
FireLadyPhoenix chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
I have to applaud you, this story was beautifully written. And I normally don't bother to review to stories, even ones I really way you described their relationship and personalities was spot on. Everything from Francis's "passion for fashion" to Arthur's subtle love for alcohol was wonderfully original, I really felt that they would act like this in real life. The high fashion atsmophere was described so well.

My favorite part of the story has to be when Francis scolds the personal shopper for bringing out the the wornout looking American clothing. I have to say, I agree with him, I don't see the point of spending a hundred something dollars for ripped jeans.
Nerica chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
Haha poor waiter P

"Sometimes the little cruelties are all that they have left." I like that line for some reason :]

"He had used that fact as a knife on more than one occasion, twisting it to see the wounds cut into the self professed country of l'amour, but he is content now to play the caterpillar to Francis' butterfly."

Ah Arthur don't worry you're not bad yourself! Not a caterpillar at all (well except for your eyebrows haha)

This was cute and fun to read,I like the little details that show their relationship. Also, this is a bit different than the Fruk I'm used to read (e.g. would more likely be Francis sleeping on the couch..) but it works too, (and despite what I just said, I think they're both in character).

Thanks for sharing
PanDora9 chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
*o* I love it. It's definitely different from a lot of other FrUk fanfics out there, and I just love the overall feel of this story. Points for originality ;)

"he can see the staff studiously not looking in that way which means they're noticing everything."

I love that part especially since that's how I usually react when customers (either straight or otherwise) get touchy feely when one another. lol