Reviews for Creating Alec
Fictionators chapter 4 . 5/13/2012
The Fictionators - has featured your story on our site for the week of 5/11/2012.

Thanks, we really appreciate your contribution to the fandom :)

Songster for The Fictionators
katinki chapter 4 . 5/11/2012
Not sure why it took me this long to find this story, but I really, really enjoyed it. It was such a different and unique take on Alec. I loved how you portrayed him so differently than Jane... but it fit. Very nicely done.

Thanks for sharing it.

-kate
nuna chapter 4 . 10/22/2011
Your fanfic is dark and dangerous. I LOVE it and I think if you changed the characters(though I love them) you could publish it. goodluck with your writing
rameau chapter 3 . 4/11/2011
I don't know which is a cruller time, then or now. When people didn't know better or when they just don't care. Is it possible to think that innocence and violence go hand in hand? Their minds and customs and values compared to how little a life meant? Or is it just the appearance of wealth that has skewed the standard.

Strange musings I have today.
lalalove-Rae chapter 3 . 4/7/2011
Darling! You updated! I love it! So fantastic, I'm glad you filled in some of the blanks. I was wondering what Alec had done to deserve his punishment. You're such a great writer. I'm sorry it took me so long to review!

xoxo, Rae
miaokuancha chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
Wow, nice complex and tormented character you have created here. I would totally read Alec and Jane's further adventures should you choose to write them.
Hev99 chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
*Sigh* This was just pure perfection. Your writing... the words you use, I just... I can't! Amazing!

I can't decide whether I'm happy to have read the end, or completely gutted that it's over! You're one of the most talented authors I've read and I will ALWAYS read anything you write!

I know you know my favourite parts from my tweets, but I want to put them in here too so that you have them forever. :)

"It began to beat faster, like it was running away from me, trying to beat right out of my chest. I couldn't possibly let it go. I needed my heart; it held all I had left of her inside of it."

I just wanted to bawl at this sentence. That his last thoughts as he is "dying" are of her and his lost love. And the idea that his heart is where he keeps her memories and as it beats its last he feels like he is losing her... I just... WOW!

"That truth was far worse than anything I could possibly be facing now; it proved to me that Heaven was but a dream, and I'd learned that dreams were not to be trusted."

*Sob!* He had such a tragic life and even in "death" he had his choice ripped away from him. His dreams were crushed both in life and death and you portray that so eloquently here. I'm practically crying just thinking about it here!

"It seemed almost cozy, and it was certainly not what I expected Hell to look like."

I just loved this! 'Nuff said!

"Comprehension crept over me and I shuddered with a sudden chill. My red eyes could only mean one thing, I had become the very legend I'd scoffed at." Just... Your words... GAH! I'm so flaily, and probably making no sense, but I am just in awe. I wish you would do writing master classes!

"I now understood that Jane's heart was black long before it had stopped beating."

I adore this. You have created such a real and dynamic character with Alec. I actually love him a lot and his love for his sister is so pure that despite all the evidence, he still believed her to be innocent, right to the last.

"Had we been born to different parents, Jane might have grown to be as innocent and righteous a maid as ever prayed to the blessed Virgin. But father robbed us both of our chance for innocence and normality."

And THIS is the main reason I love this story so much. People are so rarely evil without a reason. I'm sure it happens, but I love how you have given them a past and a history that explains their personalities. That poem, "If A Child Lives With..." comes to mind. The line, "If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight," seems so pertinent here. Jane grew up in a home where violence was the norm and she was never taught right from wrong. How can she even realise that what she does is wrong?

Sorry! I'm rambling, but I love it!

"There was no denying the intoxicating scent as I brought the challis to my lips. The darkest sins always taste sweetest, and as I drained the cup, I prayed to my beloved to commend my soul to God."

Just the most perfect ending to the most amazing fic. I hope you're super proud of this story, because you really ought to be!

Thank you for sharing your amazing words so freely with us! Your talent knows no bounds and I can't wait for more of your words!
Britt01 chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
Ahhh, nicely done. I really like how you have made Alec so believable, and it ties in so well with the talent he turns out to have - basically, shutting down all sensations in others, likely the way he would wish he could do to himself.
Eris not Eros chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR FINISHING THIS FIC YOU HAVE NO IDEA! (I'm youdontmeanit on twitter, btw). YOU ARE NOW MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR AND I WISH I COULD WRITE LIKE YOU DO ALTHOUGH I'LL HAVE TO CUT THE CAPS DDD: (Shush, I'm tired, and I go mental when I'm tired.)
miaokuancha chapter 3 . 4/5/2011
Wow, what a tragic figure you have created here. Very impressive story.
gkkstitch chapter 3 . 4/4/2011
Another fantastic installment! Your story has given us the first real glimpse of Alec as his own person, instead of the lesser half of Jane.
Hev99 chapter 3 . 4/3/2011
Squee! I'm so excited that you updated this. I love how you've taken characters from the series that are not considered to be particularly likeable, and given them a reason to be so. You've given them depth and meaning and I will never read the original books again, without seeing this as Jane and Alec's past. It's a fascinating story you're telling and I can't wait for part 4!

As always, thank you for sharing your beautiful words!

Love ya,

Bob xx
Eris not Eros chapter 2 . 2/20/2011
A friend of mine linked me to this fic. fhskdjfhdjskh now I'm spazzing so much I can't type straight. YOU HAVE TO FINISH THE 3RD PART! I'll cry if you don't [insert quivering bottom lip].
miaokuancha chapter 2 . 9/11/2010
I cannot wait for the final chapter here. I love this image:

... the nuns were easy to distinguish in their black habits, floating about the bright courtyard like the shadows of dark dreams.
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Love for the unloved. This is great! Thanks for writing. (I will also go read your Becoming Jane).
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »