Reviews for Steady As She Goes
Thinkingaboutnothing chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This story is rivetingly lovely. I've never thought before that Alice's visions could have such an effect on her. The idea is beautiful, in a bittersweet way. You showed the depth ofher relationship with Jasper, and showed her to need him, which was unusual, as Alice is normally seen to be the stronger one in their relationship, with Jasper depending on her, for the motivation to continue with the 'vegetarian' lifestyle. You expressed yourself beautifully also, and you were carefully evocative with your phrasing and choice of words. You managed to create clear, beautiful images, and i I would like to congratulate you on a wonderful story which shows true talent.
Rach199 chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Omg! Amazingly awesome!
meh chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Sweet and delightful and good insight.
AsHisTreasured chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Wow. This is awesome, I can see why it won :)
sahlamari chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Lovely. Just lovely. I'd love to see you develop this... The notion "when" instead of "where" is something that has a great story in it, that's waiting to be explored, and told! I'll have you on author alert and wait... Please?
suitablyironicmoniker chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
This is *lovely*. I would love to see it drawn out. & the use of 'somewhen' is just brilliant.
winterstale chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
I've often thought, and I think have also written, that Alice and Jasper are the most potent and enmeshed pairing in canon. This lovely and well-written story told it all for me. Although it is a simple moment in time story, a novel is within your efficiently employed words.

Very nice. You nailed it.

Thanks for writing. : )

~w
Eclipse-Vamp chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I really, REALLY enjoyed this. It's so original and very well-blended together. I love it!

~Eclipse-Vamp :)
FrozenSoldier chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
This was really good, I especially liked how it all flowed together. I could definitely feel Alice's confusion about it all. But it was very Jalice, and you could see how strong their hold was to each other.

Aww, it made me so happy!
shc92 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Really enjoying these explorations of Alice. Your piece is absolutely lovely and very moving. She's so vulnerable...I don't think we've ever seen enough of the sense of disorientation. I love how you convey the "taking over" and shifting time in her visions. And Jasper's unwavering, centering love - beautiful. Good luck - really enjoyed reading this.
don'tcallmeLeeLee chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Hey!

I’m Stella one of the mods of Fanfiction Writing Challenges, where the What About Alice? Contest is being hosted. I wanted to thank you for participating in our contest!

Now my review :)

This was such a sweet story! Short but very well explained and described.

I love the description of Jasper's and Alice's love. No matter what she does or where she is, Jasper will always be next to her. For the good things, the bad things, until 'death' do them apart. :)

My favorite part:

"Still?" she asks, and doesn't open her eyes, instead letting the visions wash over her and carry her into the future – because as far as her mind can see, as far as the future extends out in front of them, she has still never found a time when he isn't there.

Really nice! The voting will start soon, so good luck! :)

~Stells.

Ps. If you have any questions about the contest you can PM me, or contact us in the contest's email (see the email in the blog).
rchllve chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Jez, this was an awesome story. Even though it's short, it's got a depth that pulls you in instantly and *actually* warms you with the love between them. Also makes you a little dizzy, lol, as I expect Alice would feel. :)

Great insight Jez!

3r
angel eyes1 uk chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
This is beautiful - I love how you can feel her disorientation, and how Jasper is there holding her steady. Very, very good! Good luck in the contest :)
Read444 chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Great descriptions. Love the idea of using Jasper's scars as a kind of calendar.
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Very sweet! I like the extended metaphor, and I appreciate your insight into Alice.