Reviews for Semi Blind Date
Alicia Olivia Mirza chapter 1 . 9/19
Loved it :)
Cate chapter 1 . 4/9
All of your stories are a treat to read. All the possibilities were well thought out, the characterizations were spot-on. This one though is a real gem . Very sweet. Thank you for sharing them.
ForeverMrs.Padfoot chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
The ending made me giggle, the whole fic was sweet. Loved it 3
KillaCAD chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Really great fanfic, now I love him even more! :D
igally chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
excellent story - fully in character and quite romantic. well done.
Liz86000 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Loved it! :)
d for delete me chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Oh I just LOVED this! Great job!
Shazzer chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Awh, that was so adorable..

You really described their personalities well,

it was brilliant. Mark and Bridget are so cute together :P
Alita258 chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I love you AU stories, in just brings back the many times they could have been together, but one fact remains, they are perfect for each other. Oh, and I really love how you portrait Mark and Bridget as individual characters and a couple.
bonapuella chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Aw, this was adorable! Well written and very cute! Great job :)
Vee22 chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Another wonderful Bridget/Mark story! You are such a talented writer and although I don't spend much time in this fandom, I can't resist reading when I see you have a new story posted.

Adding this to my favourites list. )
mattsloved1 chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
I'm glad you added another story to your collection. I have read every one of them and sometimes think, they should use her work for another movie. Thanks for a great read! You had the characters spot on! :)
alix33 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
"She shook her head as if to shake the sense back in." - Hehehe. She should tell us if it worked. ALL of my colleagues will be wondering what the heck is the matter with me, with all the head-shaking.

Poor Bridget! My mom fortunately badgers me (but I am just as useless at resisting the badgering as Bridget is) about other things, not single men of her acquaintance I should go on blind dates with.

"black trousers cut with straight legs paired with a dark blue silk blouse, one that buttoned up to her collarbone." - I like the trousers, the blouse not so much.

"donned her coat," - What colour and what type of fabric coat, please? Or the black one from the first movie-verse (there where the neon noticeboard flashes the bits from her diary)?

"He wore a dress shirt and tie," - Is the tie also navy with pinstripes, like the suit?

"Her first impulse was to order the Shepherd's Pie, but she wasn't sure she had the appetite for it. She narrowed it down to the sausages and mashed potatoes, or the hamburger. Maybe the chicken with plantain crisps…" - Were I Bridget, I would have ordered any one of those too. I a) have never eaten lobster; and b) do not have a clue how one eats lobster without getting it all over one's clothes instead of in one's mouth and alimentary tract without, in the process, totally grossing out your dinner companion.

"nave fellow." - "naive fellow."?

"It was her burger complete with dill pickle," - EW! I LOATHE the pickles they put in burgers, regardless of how posh the burger might be!

"What have you got that's chocolate?" "A chocolate tasting plate," he said, "and a baked chocolate pudding with mint chocolate chip ice cream." - I would have had just the chocolate pudding, since I LOATHE chocolate mint ice cream with every fibre of my being.

"Bridget, despite what you clearly think, I didn't come tonight because my mother forced me to come. I was a bit nervous, I'll admit, but I came here quite willingly. I don't meet a lot of women outside of my professional circle, and I didn't exactly give you a chance on New Year's as I should have, even though in retrospect I realised you were trying to give me one." He at least looked apologetic. "I thought it only fair to try again." - AW!

"She now felt an utter fool. He'd wanted to be there, and she'd all but admitted she had not. "I'm sorry," she said. "I've had a nice time, I really have. Much better than I'd expected." "You hadn't expected much, had you?" he asked gently, cutting to the heart of the matter. "No," she admitted, offering another crooked smile." - AW!

"I'll be happy to walk you to your car," he said as he fixed his scarf around his neck. She pushed her hands into her coat pockets. "I, uh, came by taxi." He actually looked a little wounded. "I could have picked you up." "I know, I'm sorry," she said. "I'd be happy to take you home." The temperature had really dropped, and she did not fancy waiting around for a minicab; she was also pretty convinced by this point that Mark was not a maniac. "That'd be great. Thank you." - AW!

"That makes things a little easier, from my point of view." "What does?" "That you aren't seeing anyone," he replied. "Because I'd like to see you again." She was quite surprised. "You would?" she asked. He chuckled. "Why does that sound so incredible to you?" "Well," she said, "I haven't been on my best behaviour. I'm dressed like a nun on her day off. I ordered the most ordinary but expensive thing on the menu. I admitted I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I was rude to you and told you as much that I'd agreed to come against my will, and since I doubted we'd ever see each other again except for maybe next New Year's, I didn't think of it as a real date, so I pretty much acted… well, like myself." She sighed. "And now I'm doing it again." "Doing what?" "Insulting you." He chuckled once more. "You're not insulting me. Do you have any idea how refreshing it is to take someone to dinner who is just being herself?" - AW!

"He bent down so quickly to press his lips to hers for a chaste kiss, cradling her cheek in his hand, that she gasped a little in surprise. As fast as he'd done so, he pulled away. "Goodnight," he said, his voice a raspy whisper. She merely stood there with her lips parted, her eyes wide, shocked by that undeniable spark of attraction that the kiss had jolted through her. She nodded, then spoke at last. "Goodnight." - That was IMO incredibly sexy.

"They each got a pastry—he, a fruit-filled turnover; she, a chocolate croissant" - Any fic author who refers to croissants as pastries instantly makes me laugh like a drain, because are they not, strictly speaking, bread?