Reviews for A Pocket Full of Mumbles
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 2/18
Brought all the pain and sharp edges of this loss to the surface... nicely done.
zerolikesice chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
This is a nice tag to the 'Twilight'/'Kill Ari' arc. I think you've managed to capture Gibbs' characterization well, which can be a difficult task. A lot of emotion expressed, but, as with the way Gibbs is written in the show, a lot of it is subtle and repressed. I love the Gibbs/Tony friendship and I like how you've included it here. I think you've pulled off just the right mix of concern and annoyance Gibbs would have with Tony in this situation. 'Twilight' remains one of my all-time favorite episodes, simply for the amount of care Gibbs shows for Tony throughout they day. Thanks for this.
Space1Traveler chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Very nicely done. An honor to those with whom Kate served. And although not mentioned directly, a poignant tribute to herself, as well.
Elysynn chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Really like this take on the Twilight/Kill Ari arc. I think it captures very realistically that time that we never saw on screen when the pain of loss was still so fresh and raw. I particularly liked Gibbs' statement to DiNozzo at the end about how it just IS - so very true.

I enjoy the details you include in your writing, Shannon's crocheted blanket with Kelly's tassels sticks out in my mind. Those details really bring a reader into the scene you are painting, making it just that much more real.

I truly enjoyed this story. It is a well-developed insight into a very painful time for these characters. Brava! :)
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Loved it!
carismum chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
Excellent story that helped to tie up loose ends left by episode. And yes I'm actually old enough to have heard the song (The Boxer) when it was first released! It gave the story an apt title!
numbat000 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Really enjoyed this very intimate yet real look at the Gibbs/DiNozzo relationship. Am adding to my favourites.
sarahsrr chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
So powerful angsty and sad. I could feel Tonys pain as he drowned his sorrows in bourbon. And Gibbs as sad and angry being strong to help him through the night. One of the best tags to twilight/ kill ari that I have honestly ever read. Wonderful!

WCUGirl chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Bravo! One of the best Twilight/Kill Ari stories I've read. :) Good job.

Love Jen
Belker chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
This was lovely! Angsty and lovely.
vanishingp2000 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Excellent tag to the episode which depicts the way they would have been feeling at the time, lost, angry, sad, in need of family and connection. Well done, VP.
scousemuz1k chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
You draw both characters with perfect accuracy; the way they felt and reacted at that time. Nothing out of canon with the show, but you add a depth that the show didn't. The ending was perfectly resolved. I hanker after the early days... this brought them back. Thank you.
Special Agent Stace chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
"Still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.

That was great. You managed to portray the emotions of two of the most emotionally guarded characters, and keep it in character rather than making it OTT. I could really picture it. Well done!
Laine3112 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
I have squandered my resistance for a pocketful of mumbles, such are promises...ah yes, I remember my mother singing that song. Just kidding, I remember - barely!

The comaraderie between Gibbs and Tony was described very well. The need to be together after the horror of what they shared together (Kate's death), yet their reluctance to discuss it - very in character. These two are rarely, if ever, deep and meaningful and their bond is an on a level so far beyond words that the deep feelings between them rarely require verbalising. Well done, L
june08 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010