Reviews for Cast The First Stone
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 4/30
Excellent path from His Red Right Hand. Lisbon's motivation, finally, is precisely in-character. Thank you for writing it.
chymom chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Wow not the way I thought you would go bit good just the same!
Kyizi chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
*loves*
Syd15 chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
And... I'm done with the second part!

I love it to pieces.

Characters remain in character and that's something that I didn't usually find in this fandom (that's why I stopped reading in this fandom, I couldn't find anthing that actually felt true to the characters but with some kind of romance in between).

Gotta admit that you had me screaming at you for a while at the beggining. Why? Nothing to worry about, just my impatience. I mean, you start in May and then go back to January/March and I was like nooooooo I want to know what happens next not what have already happened (see impatience) and then I got into those months so much that when you went back to May I was like; No, no, nooooo, I WAS READING, GO BACK TO MARCH!

But yeah, asides from my impatiences and my indecision it was a great reading!

Thank you so much!

I'll make sure to read the rest of your stuffs!
Steeldust-01 chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Well done!

I really like these two fics and I'm more

than glad that this one has a happy ending :)
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
This was amazing. (: Great job! I loved it.
hardly loquacious chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I admittedly have mixed feelings about this. I adore the last, I dunno, 20 lines or so. Particuarly the one about Lisbon being still his. And it is excellently well written. I would perhaps suggest bolding the dates, just to make the more obvious, because I had to go back and check 'em a couple of times, but that's really a minor point and may have more to do with me being distracted by the rest of the writing. Basically I can see it happening, and I suspect it's realistic, but I don't know that I like the idea of Lisbon going out to hunt and murder a serial killer. Oh, her motivations make perfect sense, and like I said, I can see it... It's just perhaps darker than I'd like. But then again, I perhaps am a bit naive/wildly optimistic when it comes to the whole RJ thing to begin with (I'm still hoping against hope that he randomly gets hit by a bus one day), so what do I know?

Truly lovely writing though.
BekaForEver chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
I was rather worried for a second there; I thought we might not get a happy ending! But, you pulled it together fantastically, and I loved it.
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
That was absolutely amazing. Truly.

Wow.

And go Lisbon! Finally someone writes it where RJ gets outwitted. And by Lisbon. Yay! Thanks.
Temerah chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Hello there!

First off, sorry for my english I'm french.

Secondly, wao! Your writing is great if not a little sad but in that case it rather goes with the plot. lol

Anyway, I love all the introspection from Jane, it's quite well done and not an easy thing to do. (I mean come on! it's Patrick-the-tortured-guilty-mind-Jane- after all!)And I'll admit you really got me: I totally thought that Lisbon was doing her thing just for own agenda and not at all for Jane. And that my friend shows your talent. Why? Because, how could I for even one second think that you would transform our dear Lisbon (protector among protectors)in one cold being who didn't care about her other half?

You know what, I won't doubt anymore.

One thing, though: I have a hardtime dealing with the fact that, even though it was in order to protect him, Lisbon "stole" Red John death from Jane. I remember reading somewhere that a creator of the serie (I can't remember whom)said that if Lisbon and Jane were together in the end it would be because Lisbon would help Jane in his revenge quest... It would the only way... Yes, I know you write what you want but I just wanted to say that for me Jane should be the one to kill RJ in the end. And yes, it still could be a happy end but not if He's alone in doing so. It's just a detail wich doesn't change the fact that your story is great. ;o)

Thanks a lot for your good work.
boutondor chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Yana, that was AMAZING. I LOVED it so, so, so much!

It's really late and I'm tired so I don't have the words right now, but I just loved this.

Thank you so much for writing and posting this :)
Divinia Serit chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Dang! Wow. Yana, I'm speachless! This is such a wonderful story, and I loved how Lisbon outwitted RJ, and kept Jane in the dark. It was so bittersweet, and the tug of emotions was just so strong! I'm still speachless. This is one of the nicest stories I've read in a while! Brilliant job! Brilliant!
anthropologist chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
You are an amazing, amazing writer. Words can't even describe. Your story was heartwrenchingly beautiful and the words really spoke to me while I was reading. If the show actually ended this way, I would be a very satisfied viewer. I admire the realism and the heaviness of your piece, and it really is something of which you should be extremely proud. Beautiful.

Also, 'Running Up That Hill' is an incredible song. Good call. :)
meAlie chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
lovely, well... very angsty and sad, but still ... liked it very much, you created such an amazing atmosphere, it was captivating! and lisbon tricking jane...! what a great idea, that's balancing out their twisted relationship, absolutely loved lisbon in this, I hope the show will deepen her character in the same way, well unlikely... they won't do such a great job as you did ;-)

thank you very much for this piece of work (quite a lot of words for one chapter) ... plus I've completely reread your prequel (which I didn't review the first time, right?... I'm a bad person, but I'm giving you feedback for it here: loved it too!

thanks for writing and sharing,

I'm desperately waiting for more stuff like this..

amelie
lisbon69 chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
oh wow! just found this outstnading fic!way to go yana!