Reviews for Dawn of Thunder 13: The Line
cklammer chapter 29 . 12/31/2012
Hi. I'm back :-)

The question is not broad-gauge or standard-gauge, really. It is how much resources is to be used building the line. The higher your loads and speeds are, the wider the gauge and roadbed, the bigger the curve radii and the lower the achievable grades. On a developing colony world with a low population, a speed of maximum 80 km/h and comparatively short trains you are good with narrow gauge. Metre gauge comes to mind. What is important here: ONE gauge for all.
stark40763 chapter 29 . 4/1/2011
Damn...when you update, you don't do things halfway do you?

Though it seems that Earth has been sucker-punched once again, this time by Ba'al, which isn't surprising, since he is one of the most conniving Goa'uld there is! Still, get the Orbanians into the Alliance, that's a really big deal, though if they could get the Serrakin & Hebridans, (if we've made contact with them yet that is) as well as the Langarans into the Alliance as well, wouldn't that just be peachy? A steady supply of Naquadria, as well as the tech base of the Hebridans and Serrakin, would certainly help out Earth, especially since we could buy ships of the Hebridans that could be refitted as needed. There are the other advanced, unaligned worlds as well, though I'm not sure what help they would be right now, though the more allies, the better though.

Oh well, at least they don't have to deal with the Wraith right now right? As much as Atlantis' tech and knowledge would be helpful, as well as the potential allies we could make there as well, Earth just doesn't have the strength to deal with the Wraith yet, not to mention the Asurans, and the Vanir.

Best case scenario is for Earth to gather up all the known advanced allies it has together, and to combine all their resources together to help further the TSS along, and to do it as pretty damn quickly as possible, as well as finally secure and patrol all of our neighboring stars and solar systems, or at the very least set up some kind of early warning system in them. After all, I know it's very likely that many of our neighbor stars probably won't have much value, except for potential territory for Earth, but they do need to be checked out at any rate, if only to flush out potential hiding places for enemy attacks.

Well, I think that's enough of my opinions, though I do want to say that you did a splendid job on these latest chapters, and I can't wait for the next ones! :D
stark40763 chapter 17 . 2/4/2011
Well, it looks like Thundersdawn will get her complete refit now after all, though it's sad to see that Peters won't get to see her home restored to their former glory. Damn NID Bastards! Not only that, but Pierce is out there somewhere, most likely not even fully human or sane anymore. God knows what he's planning, though it will probably be as bloody as his siege of The SGC. Though I have to ask, where were the Asgard that were supposed to be cleaning Exeter at? Wouldn't they have helped? Even if they were at the Sun, their sensors would have picked up the enemy ships! Something is seriously wrong with that picture. The TSS doesn't

even know if it was Makentos or Anubis using Makentos' tactics. Neither of which is a pleasant thought in my book. Though at least this should wake the world up, and Earth can start claiming and fortifying the neighboring stars not under our or Allied control, start marking the borders so to speak.
cklammer chapter 17 . 7/29/2010
Uh-oh, I sure do hope Gibbs works his usual magic!

Scrap Thunderdawn and focus on Gaia!

Nice chapter.

You really have the pedal to the metal at this time.
cklammer chapter 16 . 7/29/2010
NCIS, too? Oh, at least they are good criminal investigators - and Ziva would know about witch hunting with real witches. But that is not criminal work, that is counter intelligence work. I hope it not too little too late, though.

I liked the Peters character. But as the case may be she will precede her station only by months. Thundersdawn is a lost cause now - fit only for scrap.

Consolidating the wings make sense. Robbing Paul to keep Peter flying - depends on the circumstances. In this case it makes sense.

Good chapter.
Firewolfe chapter 15 . 7/28/2010
Great update
cklammer chapter 15 . 7/28/2010
The insurgents are kicking things off, it seems.

If you don't give the media facts then the media will invent them out of rumours.

Good installment. Thank you.
cklammer chapter 14 . 7/27/2010
Good Tau'ri intra-system C3I there. The drone trick was also good. Lots of Tau'ri losses so far - alot faces will be gone. And now TD is on the line.

Are you to do the battle at AC, too?
cklammer chapter 13 . 7/27/2010
The longest day.
cklammer chapter 7 . 7/27/2010
Ups - missed this one ... nice background!
cklammer chapter 12 . 7/27/2010
What bothers me here is how the enemy managed to get all the forces employed on planet? I mean infiltration can only do so much ... and these forces have to be kept supplied sooner or later.

So far there appear to be only light forces on planet. They should be containable even with light infantry - lots of them, of course: Quantity has a quality all of its own. Stalin was not wrong with that one.

Good installment.
cklammer chapter 11 . 7/27/2010
It is called the "Fog of War" with a conspiracy still festering to boot ...

Nice, nice, nice.
cklammer chapter 10 . 7/27/2010
War bonds is a bad idea unless you have the end clearly in sight. Better finance the traditional way and involve more of the Asian and Middle Eastern economies.

Nice chapter.
cklammer chapter 9 . 7/27/2010
I hope O'Neill has his internal security up to snuff. I hope his internal security services are not with the conspirators ...

Good luck with the Ha'arten.

Nice installment.
cklammer chapter 8 . 7/27/2010
Here is somebody who really needs 3D-TV with surround sound ... :)