Reviews for Dolce et decorum est
GoogyNoober chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Haha! A very nice story. Les Miserables Temeraire is powerful thing. Unfortunately, there are only few stories.
warsawmouse chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
you've made my dearest wishes come true!
Patria is awesome
will we see Eponine soon?
will Javert be appearing in your story?
*cuddles all the Amis*
Genarti chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Oh my god, this is PERFECT and purely delightful!
Hello Dali Ritzenberger chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Awesome concept! Great job of capturing the style/feel of the series. Love it. :) Do you plan to write more along these lines?
QuartzFox chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
I concur with other opinions: this story needs to be told further. I love the way you meld the two together; it flows so well! Your use of the ambiguous beauty of some of Hugo's descriptions of the characters is utterly entrancing. I'd love to see you carry this further; one of my very favorite books in the world blending with a newly-discovered series I also adore is just too irresistable.

I especially love the face-off between Patria and Phedre. Beautiful! And so... very... draconic!
Maria Combeferre chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
More please!
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Just found this...and I am wondering why you haven't yet continued this. Truth be told, I haven't read Temeraire, but I'm actually not having trouble following along with your tale. It works!
AllUrBass chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
This is me expressing my love for this fic. The characterisations are excellent (as usual from you), and I love the almost seamless integration with the Temeraire world.

Patria's a great character.

My knowledge of Wilfred Owen poetry combined with the title of this fic does have me a little worried, though. :p
Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Oh, my goodness. This is wonderful. 3
T2238 chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
I hope this fanfiction will continue... :(
Mme Bahorel chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
OMG this is awesome. Musichetta swings, everyone thinks Enjolras is a girl, Ph├Ędre is a bitch (oh so appropriate for the name), and the girls are using trouser roles as pseudonyms. And I rather like Admiral de Courfeyrac. (though I think Delphine is a nicer name than Ernest - poor Courfeyrac.)

and I thoroughly enjoyed the large amounts of fan service - long hair, earrings, polytechnicien uniform all so very yummy.

(are the Barbary Pirates my fault? If so, check the timelines - I read it, giggled, and then realised that I was starting to get confused on whether it actually made any sense. Admittedly, since they are still active in April 1830, there's a plausible story, but I sort of want to know what the hell they managed to do that *also* would have got a thank you from Jefferson. With attention to the historical timeline. Because, well, I'm me. this is why it's a parenthesis. I'm still on board for a) crack and b) fanservice no matter what happens with the timeline *g*.)
T-2238 chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
This fanfic is really nice... I like how you have thought the dragon's rights at this period. I'm eager to read the next chapter
Roses for Ophelia chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
This promises to be epic! And the little bit at the end about Enjolras reading Patria bedtime stories because she's scared of the dark is priceless. In fact, Patria is priceless beginning to end ( though i have to say it, baby Patria is adorable. Especially when she purrs because Enjolras is petting her and ignites the book)

And i like what you've done with the gender confusion with Musichetta-and possibly Enjolras. Though i really can't see Enjolras in disguise. Are we going to see Bahorel and Feuilly crewing dragons as well?

I've never read Temeraire, but i might have to pick it up now!
I Brake For Bishounen Boys chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Good Lord, this is beyond epic. This is somewhat in its own category. I'm a huge fan of Temeraire, and so this is like peanut butter and chocolate. :)

I've probably mentioned it before in other reviews of your stuff, but I adore your characterization of Jehan and Musichetta. They're both so well-done. I especially like Musichetta and the Leonore reference (and the George Sand reference- that was meant to be, I hope).

Also, Courfeyrac's first name is Ernest? Words cannot describe the love I have for you right now.

The relationship between Enjolras and Patria is already so touching and caring. I'm in awe of it.

On a random note: OH GOD MY HEAD made me laugh. I have no idea why.

My day was considerably awesome even before this, but now it is made.

-incoherent gibbering over-