Reviews for The Enemy Inside
kateskates24 chapter 24 . 12/2/2012
awesome story D
Murdelizer chapter 24 . 10/2/2012
Oh, you evil person! how can you let this story die? :( I really was in a reading frenzy until I finished this chapter and saw that you have not updated for quite a time...
Your Nate/Cousland story is realistic and logical, yet romantic and intriguing. Plainly, One of the best I've ever read...I'm pretty sure you won't continue anymore, as your last update was over a year ago, but I still wanted to thank you for taking the effort and writing 24 brilliant chapters of Dragon Age-gold!
Guest chapter 24 . 7/19/2012
Finish this! You promIsrd you would write more
Alexandria Damaskinos chapter 24 . 5/2/2012
Oh my gosh, Zev and Fergus! I love how you treated this story - so much more realistic than most Cousland/Howe pairings. Please, please continue writing it!
Cenwyn chapter 24 . 11/12/2011
Ah so good to see Fergus and Zevran make an appearance! Thoroughly enjoyed this story and look forward to when you release more chapters! I have this on my favorites list :o)
Cenwyn chapter 21 . 11/12/2011
This is what I have been waiting for. (am squeeing with glee here) can't wait to finish this out :o)
Cenwyn chapter 17 . 11/12/2011
Oh yes! this is what I have been waiting for! Looking forward the rated M chapters. Again this is a really good story! am enjoying it thoroughly :o)
Cenwyn chapter 8 . 11/12/2011
This is really good! i am liking all the fill-ins in between the events that take place in Awakenings. Good job on this so far! :o)
stoobzzwife chapter 24 . 10/21/2011
You have done an incredible job with this story, the relationship between Howe and Cousland definitely one of the best, most believable i have read. So many times i find these stories lacking the appropriate amount of tension and angst that there should be between these two. The feelings and thoughts expressed by both feel very real. Its not nice and fluffy. This story fits with my perception of how it should be between them, they really should have to go through some serious sh*t before trusting each other and getting to a point where they could really have something more than hate/distrust for one another.

Excellent read. I really love it and hope you continue updating, i will be anxiously waiting! :)
Freckles04 chapter 8 . 10/14/2011
I'm slowly working my way through your fic, but I wanted to leave a note saying how much I'm enjoying it so far.

I really like that you're taking your time in setting up these characters and their relationship. The pain Elizabeth feels over Alistair's loss is palpable, but I love that she's shoved it all aside in order to do what must be done. She's obviously a layered character, flawed, but I really feel for her.

Nathaniel is also great. He's very much his father's son, and yet not at all anything like his father. He's a good man, but misguided, and I'm eager to see how his character develops too.

Great job! *continues reading*
Italian Empress 1985 chapter 24 . 10/12/2011
I'm not one for romance fics all that often, and that being said, I inevitably get pulled into them. :p Of course right? And in this element I've been more keen on Elizabeth and Nathaniel than most pairings I've read with other characters, and even with other f!Couslands and good 'ole Nate. It just never worked well for me, the potential was there but had never been fulfilled, until THIS fic. Where it works PERFECTLY, you keep everyone in order and build a fully realized original character in Elizabeth, you give her flaws and personality and stick to that characterization throughout. This coupled with letting awkward feelings develop over time instead of three chapters or less, makes this a gripping read.

I was recently asked to recommend fic that had a love/hate pull going on, and I was quick to remember 'Enemy Inside' both for the fact that the relationship has that same sort of Han/Leia charisma only with the added bile caused by Rendon Howe, and possesses a wonderful literary quality. The side characters are also attended to with care, and not used only as thoughtless back frame props. This seems a simple enough thing, but it can be hard to bring the side characters in when you're wanting to get onto the juicy stuff, but you've managed it with great success.

I see that someone left you an unbelievably self-entitled critique on you having not updated in awhile. Don't ever let anyone like that make you feel like you exist as a writer just to entertain them. Sometimes a person gets writer's block and needs a break to go do other things they enjoy in life. It happens, and it doesn't make you a bad person. This is a well written story that I can tell you put real effort into, a story for which you are receiving no compensation for your time and effort, but our reviews. I just wanted to tell you not to be discouraged by that, and that your time is your own, and I am grateful for what chapters you 'are' able to get out. :)
Comnena chapter 24 . 10/4/2011
I gave myself time to sit down and really READ this without trying to rush or skip ahead, and I'm glad I did: this a thoroughly satisfying piece of work from beginning to most recent chapter. The characters are extremely well-developed, even for ones who have their canon personalities defined by the game; there isn't so much reliance on a reader just "knowing" what a canon character would think or do (it's a pitfall of fanfiction and something that this story avoids very well).

Also as a note, I adore Elizabeth. She's precisely my favorite type of female Cousland and really shines and sticks out among so many undeveloped and lackluster Cousland characters in the DA fanfiction sphere.

I've been meaning to do this review for a while, but I'm bad at these.
Girl-chama chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
I love Nathaniel, looove him, his dark sarcasm and quick, dry wit- his readiness to forgive an ability to be happy when presented with reason. But compared to what Elizabeth is going through here he seems like a total douche. Her pain is so raw it's tangible, really. Reading on!
InkiBlinkiPinki chapter 24 . 9/29/2011
Yay! I'm SO glad you updated! This is one of my all time favorite stories and I'd hate to see such a great piece of work go unfinished (especially since I can't get enough of it lol). Hope all is well and that the inspiration fairy gives you a swift kick in the $$ lol ) Take care!
NotLaura chapter 24 . 9/28/2011
I already told you all this when I beta'd, but I really love this chapter. It would've been so easy to get bogged down in the shippy drama with Liz's part of the chapter and most fics would've done that. Yes, people want to read romances, but my favourite thing about this one is you don't drop everything just because the characters are "together" (and I use the term loosely, obviously.) By acknowledging the assassination attempt and pulling Zevran into things (and NOT as a love triangle, which a lot of lesser writers may have gone for) you remind the reader that things are pretty complicated here and Liz and Nate might not have an easy road towards happy ever after (if they even get there). Can't wait to read over the next update! :D Love 3
464 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »