Reviews for Making Spirits Bright
elem86 chapter 4 . 3/18/2012
Just a random observation as I re-read the Girl-verse: Whenever Emily calls Hotch "sir" it reminds me of Marcie and Peppermint Patty from Peanuts. In this story I hear Emily say it in the same way that Marcie says "Duck Sir, Easter is coming" in one of the Charlie Brown Christmas episodes. I think I need to stay away from the caffeine when I'm reading your work - I always feel like Emily when her brain is just randomly jumping from topic to topic without much/any connection between. La la la . . . back to reading and coffee.
Pheonix1995 chapter 4 . 3/4/2012
Great off-shot! Love that Hotch was overprotective of Em - especially after she slipped on the ice, but loved Em comforting Hotch a little bit more! LOL! Amazing add-on to the fabulous Falling in Love with a Girl - now off to put the sequal to this and a few more on to my kindle - I will def. review them when I get time - Damn school! LOL! Keep Writing - You're amazing! I will definitely read all of your stories - except the horror :/ they're not my type of story! LOL! I'm gonna stop rambling now :S Anyway - I love this story and a bit more of a glimpse into their friendship before the divorce and the bathroom incident! :D
HGRHfan35 chapter 4 . 1/8/2012
Now HOW could I read your latest when I had NOT read this one *gasps in shock*

Oooh, it is always so delightful to read your stuff. So easy to fall back into your Universe because it fits so well.

The kid had me quite busy this morning but we had a great lunch together and a walk in the park with my dog. Weather was, unexpectedly, quite mild & sunny and I made some wonderful pictures of him lying/sitting/climbing on fallen/sawed off trees & trunks. He even made one of me!

So now I am at work & again, it is quite busy.. .. ..which is reaaaally good! :)

Why the heck am I rambling. . . I don't know. . .and you probably don't care! :)

Anyway, I so SO SOOO loved this story. And yes, it does show the layers that are builing upon layer. The foundation of what will become an Awesome Love story *deep sigh*

So now I am off to start the monster one-shot
AlpineHolly chapter 4 . 12/13/2011
Really enjoyed this fell together nicely, the falling star wishes were nicely done Emily's wish for Hotch got me! Nice work.
Ladybug-Jojo chapter 4 . 4/23/2011
Great story. I liked this a lot. Josie
SimplyForever chapter 4 . 1/23/2011
loved it! sweet but keeps hotch realistic ie actually acknowledges that he loved hailey and that there were good times there! keep up the great work! simplyforever

ps- i noticed on your page you said that cbs was paying a wife batterer but not paget brewster- huh?
Arcadya chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
But dead ducks are so cute. That's what I like about my restaurant. Every time I walk behind that staff door I just know that beheaded ducks and chickens are going to be hanging from the roof, and being cute. While I realize that finding beheaded poultry cute is rather weird, perhaps odd, I've never claimed I wasn't either of those things. - Although, they are pre-skinned, so I guess it's not entirely morbid. It's not like I'm finding fully 'clothed' dead poultry cute.

Why are there loose wantons inside the restaurant. No really. Is American-Chinese really that much different to Aussie-Chinese?

Public bathrooms are definitely a place where you really want to be wearing shoes, but is some places, let say Roadside Cambodian 'restrooms' are places where even wearing shoes still makes it creepy. Experience talking here.

Loved the end hug.
Arcadya chapter 3 . 1/17/2011
'... and fell on his face. As he saw the spurt of blood hit Dave's carpet, Hotch rolled his eyes ... idiot'. This was utterly perfect. Also i can't believe I haven't reviewed this chapter yet. What happened to me?

'but Hotch didn't generally have to physically hurt anyone to scare the crap out of them. It was [a] skill that she admired.' So perfect, that was such an Emily thought.

Did they just do the dancing/standing on his feet move? Really? In a room full of other people, they just did the classic romantic dancing as one thing. *shrieks in fan-girlness*

Hotch has touching guidelines! That's awesome. But now that I think about it, I have guidelines too... hmm. Maybe I'm more like these two than i realized. Or I'm just more like you.

Why is Hotch rhyming ocean blue with 1492? Is that some weird Americanism for remembering dates?

They just have this big emotional/healing moment. Hotch whispers a wondrous thank you to her, and she replies ... can we go eat now? Classic.

Side of Heimlich. Where does your brain get these things from?

I liked that the awkward came back. They're definitely not at 'that' stage yet.
luv0817 chapter 4 . 1/2/2011
Such a lovely (Christmas) story!
History05 chapter 4 . 1/2/2011
Sweet sweet story! Always a pleasure to read your work! looking forward to more stories! :)
999999 chapter 4 . 1/1/2011
Brilliant! absolutely brilliant! but then, you wouldn't post anything less inferior. What a wonderful and sweet story. Hotch being sweet and soft...he's a closet teddy bear i swear!

Happy New Year to you!

Amanda
GrissLittleGirl chapter 3 . 9/1/2010
Hahahahaha!

This story makes me LMAO times and times again.

Hope the brunch drag them even closer and the team already noticed they're falling for each other, don't they?
kimtom4eva chapter 3 . 8/16/2010
Great chapter. I love the awkwardness in the car, created by the discussion!
Angel N Darkness chapter 3 . 8/11/2010
you did a good job on this chapter... i loved it... update soon please...
tayababy chapter 3 . 8/10/2010
this was gorgeous and cute!