Reviews for To Resist Both Wind and Tide
tut1971 chapter 4 . 12/4/2014
I've finally, after reading over 500 Chuck fics in the less than 6 months of being on this site, decided to tackle the Fates 'verse. I held off, in large part, not because it was such an undertaking but because I am an avowed Sarahphile and through the "grapevine" I realize Fates is only from Chuckles POV. The thought of reading what amounts to a 1000 page novel without anything from her POV is just saddening to me. After reading this as a prelude I'm even more saddened. Your Sarah is just flat out awesome and though I'm sure I'll see bits of that from Chuck's perspective I almost feel it won't be enough. After all, how can a romance for all-time be told from only the mind of one party to it? It simply cannot. Still, I will forge onward in hopes that I am mistaken. Truly you are a gifted writer and this little foray into the mind of one of the great characters of 21st century television is testament to that. Well done to you milady.
Molotov chapter 3 . 1/6/2014
Holy shit, them leaving Chuck behind in the bunker at the end seriously fucking made me tear up.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 4 . 8/2/2013
Well now...Chuck must have really made a mark to get Sarah this smitten this fast! I guess the forbidden fruit of a truly open and caring soul calls out to our beloved conwoman-turned-spy ;P

Excellent work!
Bronze Seeker chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
You didn't told us why and how Chuck got in a bunker ...
Alex Mcpherson chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Now, I'm a straight guy that is uncomfortable with mentions of gay stuff, and I avoid Slash simply out of habit... but even I have to admit, in Chuck's place and two years of damn-near-constant isolation and nothing but *MRE*s to eat, Bryce' bringing actual food would earn him a big massive smacker. And to read it in this story from Sarah's Point of view would be hilarious. Not to mention the conversation as bryce climbed into bed she'd joke that chuck might climb in with bryce and 'get lucky'.

Oddly, I also have this image of this Chuck reacting to things at times like Lazlo, combined with a humorous yet uncomfortable image of Chuck and Bryce making out.

Ugh. I feel dirty.
Osced chapter 3 . 11/22/2011
I loved this chapter...the scenes during their game was hilarious and love your version of Bryce. Sarah's fast infatuation for Chuck is pretty fun..

/Osced
Crumby chapter 4 . 9/8/2011
I still wonder why Chuck wasn't out of the bunker after "a year to eighteen months," or more specifically what's the explication the government gave to keep him there, or what happened. :)

Chuck probably thought the comic book and the whiskey were from Josh rather than Sarah. Or did he figure it out?

To Resist Both Wind and Tide was awesome, epic even. Going into Sarah's head is so fascinating, and you write her so well. Also, Fates Sarah rocks. And did I mention this was epic? Thank you. :)
Crumby chapter 2 . 9/8/2011
"Hey ... Need a partner?" :) I love their "dream conversation" so much.

I wonder who Brent and Paul really were.

This chapter is just awesome. I smiled like an idiot the entire time I read it. That is, um, when I wasn't giggling...
Crumby chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
"She huddled into a new parka that rubbed the wrong way against her neck." I hadn't caught that before!

"She hated Chuck Bartowski already, and she hadn't even laid eyes on him." :D

"Why one of Bryce's college buddies would even be in a bunker." That's the $1,000,000 question, isn't it?

With my Fates paranoia now, I wander how come the perimeter was so easy to reach? Or when Sarah says "something about airspace restrictions that she hadn't paid a lick of attention to," I wonder if there's more to it. Umm. Damn Bunker Mystery. ;)

"He must be a whiz at Russian to be stuck out here, in the middle of nowhere, like the government’s greatest secret." He sure is close from the government’s greatest secret...or the Chuck fanfiction's greatest secret at least!

So was the bunker filled with drugged air or what? :) Sarah's fatigue hit her pretty bad and quick.

"Okay, so maybe she didn’t hate Chuck Bartowski after all." :)

What was Sarah's book? Do we found out later? I don't recall it...

It's pretty hilarious (and sad) how Bryce isn't threaten at all by Chuck regarding Sarah...

This chapter was the first one from the Fatesverse I read. I was new to fanfiction, and it's pretty funny now to think about it because I was really surprised reading it. I had noticed that a lot of authors on tended to minimized the Bryce/Sarah relationship, whether it was because they hated Bryce with a passion or they just didn't like the idea of Sarah with someone else or whatever the reason. Here in this first chapter, Sarah is looking forward to her vacation with Bryce, who seems to know/read her pretty well. And I thought "What? How on earth is Chuck going to woo her away in a realistic way if the story starts here?" LOL. (You can tell my shipper side, generally reacts first.) Of course, the story was awesomely written and intriguing so I wanted to read more. Plus I don't hate Bryce, I just think he's a jerk to his friends. ;) And when I actually took the time to, you know, *think* I found out about Fates etc. and it all made sense. Hihi. It's just funny to look back.

But anyway, loved W&T, loved that chapter, loved Sarah's POV. Great job! :)
Parzival vi Britannia chapter 4 . 4/19/2011
reallly nice, now back to what fate impose!
uplink2 chapter 4 . 4/2/2011
Wow Frea. I must say I love your stories from Sarah's POV. She is such a compelling character with many different and amazing layers. I loved that the same instant connection between Chuck and Sarah can live in many universes. It is like a physical law that no matter what universe you they find themselves in their connection is instant and on such a deep level it is such a joy to see or read. Too bad TPTB chose to throw that away for far too long last season.
ShiroFlake chapter 4 . 12/25/2010
Awesome job ! XP
triptpol85 chapter 4 . 11/17/2010
That was an amazing end! That was awesome what Sarah did for Chuck. Loved it.
triptpol85 chapter 3 . 11/17/2010
I love this companion story, I love how Chuck can change Sarah perspective on some many thing in just an instant. I love it.
triptpol85 chapter 2 . 11/16/2010
I loved the beach scene but the scene in the bunker was even better. Great job