Reviews for Normal Teenager
Model Builder chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
This was a fun story to read. I remember both "Quantum Leap" and "The Powers of Matthew Star," and as far as I can tell, the author keeps everyone in character and had a seamless story that combined the best features of both series.

I want to thank the author for a fun hour of reading.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I really liked this story; I miss Matthew Star and quality shows like this. I really wish they would come out with a movie to take them back home before Lou and Peter are too old. They could play imprisoned family members or something.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Fantastic! I'm only somewhat familiar with Quantum Leap but I adore The Powers Of Matthew Star and you did a great job with this story.:)
MacLeaper chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Nice job! I haven't really watched The Powers of Matthew Star before though I have heard of it and I'm somewhat familiar with the premise. I am definitely familiar with Quantum Leap though- I love that show! And with Sam Leaping into others, there is always a great opening to have him crossover with some very unexpected universes sometimes. Other than a pacing break as someone else mentioned, I can't think of much to add. I do like that you included enough details about both shows so that people unfamiliar with either had enough of an idea as to what was going on, but it wasn't too much for to be cumbersome for those already familiar with the shows. This was a fun read and it now has me interested in trying to watch The Powers of Matthew Star. :-)
axel100 chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Another great blast from the past. And Quantum Leap gives you acess to so many possibilities. Like Sam leaping into J.R. Ewing to keep him from getting shot. I was never crazy about how Quantum Leap ended. Apparently, their was going to be another season but the network brass went ahead and canceled it. Then they added that little note at the end of the last episode saying Dr. Becket never returned home. Maybe instead he leaped into either Nick or Cody from Riptide while flying in the Screaming MeeMee. Oh Boy!
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
You are an excellent writer. I don't remember the Powers of Matthew Star so much, but I like how you give the uninitiated readers like myself some background history using Shep's thoughts.

Great fight scene with Matt/Sam and the assassin. I would have liked it if Sam let Matt's powers fly and then saw his subsequent confusion. But that's okay. It's weird enough that he saw the assassin disintegrate before his eyes.

Just a few suggestions:

I got a little lost with the timing-You have Sam just leaping into Matthew, doing homework and dishes, wondering how to address Shep, then Al appears. A few paragraphs down, after Al explains his leap, Sam's talking about ruining Matt's Social life. But as I re-read I realized a day may have passed after the scene with Verbeena.

My suggestion would be to put markers or scene breaks between Sam's leaps and Matt in the imaging chamber. It won't interrupt the flow, but help the reader know where they are. Or a notation that it's 'The next day or 2 days later.'You can also break between Sam and Shep talking about the mountain and Al talking to Sam as he's brushing his teeth...then later with the other chamber scenes and Sam's last leap.

All in all this is a very good story, and I enjoyed it. You captured Sam and Al's characters very well.
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
Very nice crossover! Great intergration of both series with enough information about both shows. Nice how Sam managed to adapt and protect Matthew long enough to prevent the murder. A little mystery for the Project to decipher and great that Matthew gets to go home. Love where Sam leaped into; that would be a huge one for Sam to deal with. Thanks for posting this here.