Reviews for Turnabout
Being a smarty chapter 2 . 10/29/2014
Just wanted to inform you that birds, or avians, are reptiles, in response to note 2. Birds are officially reptiles.
MySweetYaoi49 chapter 2 . 6/14/2014
There's no 'maybe' there, Hiccup is her son and Toothless is his mother. X)
randomkitty101 chapter 2 . 12/1/2013
Daw! Cute :3
PrayerGirl chapter 2 . 7/30/2013
AWWWW! This was so sweet! You are a really good writer! They stayed in charachter the whole time! I commend you!
PrayerGirl chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
This was really good!
Rampage chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
Good... Needs more chapter's and other book
Frequent Flier chapter 2 . 7/22/2012
That was a good line - "I bet it's because she's got her clumsy son to dote over now." I can just picture Hiccup's look of confusion and Toothless smiling at him. Good way to do this idea!
Skamikaze chapter 2 . 4/23/2012
It was amazing to find this so long since its update. And the story is amazing too. Smiled the whole way through :P
Fencing Supplies chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Yer, the books do refer to Toothless as a boy. Hiccup can speak 'dragonese' in the book and can hold a conversation with them.

Very insightful story, I think, if Toothless is a girl, this would be how she would be feeling about everything. Females do have very different behavioral patterns to males.

No criticisms to how you can improve here, you have done a swell job already.
JasmineD799 chapter 2 . 3/19/2011
Awww! cute story! are u going to make a sequel? i totally love this story :)
Prieva chapter 2 . 3/8/2011
This is just too adorable. I would love it if you wrote more one-shots.
Frogata chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
That was so cuuuuuuuute! Wahhh! X3
The Mad shoe1 chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
A truley adorable fic, well done.
just me chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
Wow, you responded to my review, that's a pleasant surprise! :D

As for no OCs, if Night Fury dragons were like Komodo dragons are IRL then Toothless could have a(nother) son without mating with a male Night Fury dragon: scienceblogs.c0m/notrocketscience/2008/10/virgin_birth_by_komodo_ (replace the c0m with com) and asymptotia.c0m/wp-images/2007/05/shark_parthenogenesis_ (this diagram's from an article about a shark but shows how it works for lizards too)
just me chapter 2 . 2/13/2011
Yay! A new chapter! It's been so long since chapter 1 that I forgot I'd already read it and then reviewed it all over again. ;) Anyway, on to reviewing...

"Hiccup had been extra careful when their eggs were discovered to make sure none of them were damaged by any curious or unknowing residents, but the villagers had tread carefully, keeping them safe."

Wouldn't the parents be around to incubate the eggs, or wouldn't they have piled a bunch of stuff (leaves, sand, whatever) on top of the eggs to protect them from cold air? Reptiles leaving their eggs both unsupervised and out in the open seems out of character...

"as he made sure the busy parents had their share of food"

Aww, that's sweet, the parents didn't leave their eggs both unsupervised and out in the open because they died.

""...I don't suppose you had, um, a lot of baby dragons at the nest..." Hiccup found himself saying suddenly. "Or...I mean...maybe you did...but it was really hectic before, I know. ...That thought alone was enough to sympathize with Toothless' sad eyes as he watched the new Terrible Terror's family play..."

I've read way more fanfics in which TL has kids after meeting Hiccup than in which Tl already had kids, so this is relatively fresh (although those are still fresh themselves in other ways! :) ). :)

""Have you even considered that maybe Toothless is a girl dragon?""

Ding ding ding we have a winner, and I bet sooner or later Hiccup would wonder if there was a *boy* dragon, another Night Fury...

""Toothless wants...eggs?" Hiccup asked, stunned under her gaze..."I don't know, Hiccup." Astrid sighed patiently, and Hiccup saw uncomfortableness in her smile. "It's just a thought. Toothless mothers you a lot, but now those Terrible Terrors are actual mothers..." she tipped her shoulders in a light shrug. "It could be.""

more good points from both of them :) The whole next scene is totally sweet too. :)

"Toothless may not have followed the whole concept of 'breakfast' and scheduled meals so much since many in the town liked to offer their dragon hero fish in passing"

Heh.

Any plans for a sequel? Sometimes predators are rare simply because their hunting territories are so large (and singletons have to travel further to find mates than to hunt, before they can pair off and share a larger hunting territory). So, Hiccup not seeing other Night Furies wouldn't prove that there aren't other Night Furies...