Reviews for Ignorance of Affection
Frakking Toasters chapter 5 . 6/14/2014
I would really like to see this go further. And I don't mean I need to see a puppies and rainbows ending, because that would actually feel really untrue when everything else about the emotional responses here has felt so authentic. But yeah, I'd love to see this taken a step further, even though you have left it at a pretty decent ending place.
BTW, I loved that Bobby came in and saved the day - just had to let you know that! xo
Windstorm124 chapter 5 . 2/2/2013
Please write the rest of Sam's recovery? And maybe an epilogue? Because with how this chapter ended, it seems like there's going to be more, and I'm probably not the only one who wants to hear the rest.

Other than that, well done. John was a bit out of character I think, but otherwise, it was good.
Blablabla chapter 5 . 4/6/2011
This was excellent. My bigest pet peaves in fanfiction especially is characterization, and psychology, which both go hand-in-hand. And you knocked them both outa the park!

I was actually surprised to see Dean's reaction, not because it didn't make sense psychologically, but because it TOTALLY did, and I didn't see it coming anyway! Most fanfics similar have Sam and Dean reacting basicly opposite of each other: Sam is a sobbing wreck, while Dean just takes care of Sam like he would with any other injury. I REALLY liked your reaction; I think it probably makes more sense for them both to react that way. Sam's reaction was perfect, I remember reacting almost identically when something similar happened to me (to a MUCH lesser degree, thank God)...I hate fics where, right after getting raped or violated, Sam immediately clings to Dean and starts sobbing, which just isn't how it happens. Probably 99% of all victims react exactly how Sam did: apathy, and repulsion at all physical contact. And what was great about Dean's reaction, despite it seeming out of character at first glance, was that it showed exactly where Dean's breaking point is. Usually people's breaking point is the death of a loved one (hence the uncontrollable emotional reaction), but what this showed was that Dean actually

feels that Sammy being raped IS worse than him dying, which is what he said earlier, so your reactions matched perfectly with the characters' thoughts.

So, in short, you have gained my absolute respect for your job WONDERFULLY done!
Blablabla chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Oh, my gosh, this was awesome! One of the best serious-yet-light one-shots I've ever read...goodness, I have nothing to critique. It was perfect!

Reading on!

ash
Ellie Clemons chapter 4 . 2/22/2011
Oh and PLEASE another chapter :)
Ellie Clemons chapter 5 . 2/22/2011
THIS IS AWESOME! I love it :) Keep going!
Britany chapter 5 . 1/14/2011
one of the best fics ive read by far! i wouldnt be surprised at all if you actually wrote for a living ur so good. and, well, if ur NOT doing this for a livin then u SHOULD. great story, LOVED IT! plz update soon, id really like to see what hapens next! :D
doyleshuny chapter 5 . 1/14/2011
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write one more chapter or as many chapters as you want. You've done such an outstanding job. It was beautifully written. You should be so proud of yourself. I love your Sammy. He's not some wimp that hides in a corner. I mean God knows the poor child would have every right to just curl into himself but he didn't. Dean of course is just the awesome big brother taking all the guilt. I'm so glad that Sammy told him that in no way was any of this his fault. I'm speaking from personal experience when I say that it's just the nature of the older sibling to take on blame when their baby sibling is hurt. It's a pain that you can never know unless you have gone through it. I think you've really captured that feeling. Superb job Sweetie!
Aelan010 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
*loves her boys to pieces!* Only.. one problem. Sam's eyes are chocolate brown.. Dean's eyes are a hazel green. Other then that.. perfect!
littlelady chapter 5 . 1/13/2011
omg, i am BAWLING right now! that was so sad and emotional i dont even know what to do with myself! i think this is a great way to end the story, but i always love ur updates so either is fine with me. so happy u shared the story with us!

and if uve decided this is the end of the story then possibly consider writing something else? plz? :D
littlelady chapter 4 . 1/12/2011
this was the saddest thing EVER! im dabbing at my eyes rght now but i dont think its working. that roy guy is a real perv and im glad he died in pain! now we need to get sammy better! amazing update, hope to see another up soon!
k-smith1983 chapter 4 . 1/1/2011
i think it deserves one last chapter. hope you decide to write it and hope i see it soon:)
XxTypoMasterxX chapter 4 . 12/30/2010
daaang, even dying he thinks Sam was worth it.
Sarah chapter 4 . 12/30/2010
ahhhh ur killin me! u can't end it here! those sick disgusting bastards! ugh! I feel sick! creeps! ok we must now deal with the after affects of this truama and how they will deal with it. Poor sam :(
Guest chapter 4 . 12/29/2010
Brilliant chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Update soon Kay.