Reviews for Shades of Gray
Jonnie Joke chapter 5 . 8/30
Oh god I love how protective Vegeta over his son. And I think you have portrayed Trunks and Vegeta very well here especially when Trunks refused to leave even though he's scared!
Garowyn chapter 10 . 7/15
I'm slowly working my way through your stories, and I'll gradually leave reviews. I'm extremely impressed with your writing. Shifting multiple POVs within a chapter is rarely ever done well (or ever done, period; I don't see it like that anymore), and your skill is amazing. There's no purple prose; just simple, direct yet incredible detail that gets to the heart of the matter. No time-wasting here - perfect for Vegeta, haha.

I've always felt Vegeta had been a father figure to Goten in particular post-Cell Games, but I rarely thought about Gohan. This was an interesting plot line - saiyan puberty, essentially! If there's anything I like just as much as BV Trunks stories, it's BV Trunks Gohan and Goten added into the mix. I really enjoyed reading this, and I'm excited to read more of your work in full.

Well done!
superboltstrike chapter 7 . 6/27
NOOO! GOD, of course it wouldn't be solved easily like that. It never is with you! But that's why I keep reading.
Dratias chapter 10 . 12/17/2015
Congratulations! Out of a few hundred authors on here, you have now become my favorite!

I seriously cannot say in words how much I love your fics. For one, THEY AREN'T BORING. Nothing seems to be there /just to be there/. It all fits. It never gets too slow or too quick. Your plots and characters are just plain incredible. When you go deep into their characters like, Vegeta, it's like your literally spot on with how they are in canon, probably even more so. You wrote Vegeta and Gohan's moments together perfectly. They both actually as if they were right from the series.

You did an AWESOME job on this one as well. I can completely see this actually happening in the series. Just.. god this was amazing. You had me excited and more intrigued by each passing chapter. And your humor is definitely one of the best I've seen. It doesn't sound fake or seem like the type of sarcasm that's consciously trying to be funny. Yours just naturally is.

Once again, you've done an ASTOUNDING job on yet another fanfic. Keep up the great work!

- Dratias
adn chapter 10 . 9/14/2015
LOL TRUNKS AND GOTEN ARE MISCHIEVOUS BROTHERS, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.
Also the ending with the slight PTSD visions/dreams being difficult to deal with seems reasonable.
I think I'm going to incorporate this into your other timeline related fics dealing with Vegeta and Bulma. I love how each of your stories are interconnected and reading each one of them feels like I'm filling in a missing piece of a puzzle to reference.
adn chapter 9 . 9/14/2015
Well, everything seems to be almost back to normal, including the fact that Yamcha is butt monkey and vegeta tried to kill him. Gohan and Vegeta Bros are top notch by the way.
Also, A plus for the closer on goku's death by the way. Everything has come around so nicely in such a short amount of chapters. It feels perfect!
adn chapter 8 . 9/14/2015
Oh man, what a perfect chapter. Gohan took care of his blood luster by redefeating Cell and he managed to convince Vegeta to disengage the system. I definitely feel so sorry for Bulma to go through all of that and for Vegetables to relive all of his horrible memories...
adn chapter 7 . 9/14/2015
Oh my god take another little piece of my heart. Q aq
Ugh veggie you are so hot when you talk about those ki cuffs like wowwwww.
Also, the fact that the thing that's never happened before has happened to vegeta just blows my heart to pieces and gosh bulma, thank god you got that last kiss... maybe he's stuck in his memories and reliving the past?
Alsoooo, I realized that that scene where Gohan and vegeta talk about the ki cuffs is referenced to in your other fic that's post Buu, To Live Again eheheheh...
adn chapter 6 . 9/14/2015
OKAY COMING THROUGH TRUNKS NEEDS HIS PAPA AND THE TEARS ARE STARTING TO FALL INITIATE MISSION HEARTBREAK BECAUSE WOW THAT HURTS ME REAL BSD.
also wow gohan, not only did you make Vegeta lsugh, but you managed to blow out part of bulmas building and mistaken your father for vegeta, which is like, a sin in about half the galaxy.
adn chapter 5 . 9/14/2015
/wipes away nosebleed with a blanket
There's something that's super hot about Vegeta getting feisty even though he's got a handful of broken ribs. Also damn, Vegeta and Bulma getting it on though, like, damn...
Ohhh man though, poor Trunks and not being able to spend time with his daddy. But tEllington Gohan to get his own daddy sure was a surefire way to piss him off, wasn't it? Tch tch.
adn chapter 4 . 9/14/2015
Ohhh my gosh this hurt to read. Like, I snorted when Vegeta was like, yeah life sucks and it's hard big fucking deal and Gohan was like oh my god you don't understand me and I was like oh man here it fucking comes... and it felt so much harder to read than it did to imagine in my head like wow I am cry.

Family kaiokens emotional pain like no other, Gohan.
adn chapter 3 . 9/14/2015
Wow that talk between Vegeta and Gohan was weirdly sexual for me, but I guess that's what it's like hearing about one of your most basic needs in words, isn't it?
Also, poor civilian dude who got caught up in all of this.
This chapter really reminds me of one of stupidoomdoodles' drawings or head canons where Bulma studies half saiyans and has an entire scientific notebook of knowledge, haha. Maybe Bulma will end up doing something likethat?
In any case, I hope Gohan doesn't have to kill anybody.
adn chapter 2 . 9/14/2015
I like that you're exploring the similarities between Vegeta and Gohan, especially when it comes to the issues they had with their fathers and their respective absences in their lives. What's curious is that Gohan had this bloodless experience and Goku didnt...
It makes me kind of curious, though to see how Vegeta is going to deal with this...
adn chapter 1 . 9/14/2015
Wow Vegeta, so cool. Gohan was really lacking a father figure without Goku and I'm glad that Vegeta recognizes that Saipan teens like Gohan need a physical outlet, it all makes sense.
Also A plus for the BV scene in the beginning of this chapter ohohohoh
I'm Still So Deep chapter 10 . 7/18/2015
Gohan and Vegeta are two of my favorite characters so I absolutely loved this fic. As usual, you did an amazing job :) this was a very unique premise you came up with.