Reviews for Nobody, Not Even the Rain
Guest chapter 1 . 9/19/2015
It feels like tezuka was born in the wrong family in this fic! Hahahahahahaha! How can he be a man of few words with parents like that? Hahahahaha! And sakuno was a little weird here, especially the scene in the cafe! Hahahahahah!
hisuigreen chapter 1 . 4/16/2015
Ahhh! You consolidated. I think. At first, I thought that you had just cut it, but I don't remember much past the original cafe-Sakuno gets a job scene.
But regardless, I understand how hard it is to get back in the game with fanfiction, so kudos to you.
Because I've been rude in the past (haven't left a review before this moment, anyway), I'll take this time to write an insanely long review based on my memory of the story.
And random note: I love nori too. And wakame. Basically all seaweed except for konbu. Whose only purpose is miso soup. Really.
Some background on my feelings toward the pairing in general: I like it. I have a soft spot for estranged childhood friend stories (without the estrangement, it can feel oddly like incest if they're too close IMHO), so I really like when people make up the background between Tezuka and Sakuno because we can assume that through the years, they've interacted at least somewhat. Neither character was really a focal point for the series (in fact, Sakuno's "arc" was basically dropped because of a lack of interest in canon), either, but what we see of them feels compatible. I don't mind RyoSaku in the slightest (Cinpii has a awesome fic in that corner), but this couple especially hits the spot.
Despite the creative license people tend to take with these characters, I find your versions to be tastefully in character. It was a good move to combine the previous parts, if only to clarify that Sakuno did not magically become OOC. Despite the fact that it seemed somewhat jarring the first time around, it really adds a necessary bit of levity to an otherwise gloomy story. Tezuka is an incredibly heavy character, and so to make him work in any sort of non-platonic relationship context, there needs to be softening. And I think you did a superb job with that softening, if only in the bits that describe his being comfortable in her familiarity.
This is something really obscure that I've noticed, but despite the oddly distant tone in which this fic is written (so the humour can feel a bit off, but it's completely up my alley in terms of reading tastes), it's written close to the character POV, in a true 3rd person, but not really sort of way (as in 1st person-esque written with pronouns). I am curious to find out whether the distant tone is because of gloomy!Tezuka or just your writing style in general.
Now to the next bit. Specific moments I liked. (Only when it comes to pointing out these do I rue the day cut the copy/paste function). So I have your story pulled up in another webpage.
"... Sakuno. She had promised, on their walk home last night, to cook 'traditional Japanese food' for him last night, saying, with a hint of that old modesty, 'I'm not too bad at cooking now,' which probably meant that she was superb."
Your humour may not be everyone's taste, but I quite liked that moment, especially in parallel with his first recognition where he feels guilt over not having thought her name in forever.
I tend to prefer your dialogue to your descriptions, which while never too wordy, can be almost unnecessarily heavy considering the tone of the fic, but with dialogue and the depiction of the scene of dialogue, you are always spot-on. This is why I think that their first meeting scene (very description heavy) was not as smooth of a read as the bakery or clinic scene. (The awkwardness of the clinic scene is beautiful, by the way). Regardless, the fic on the whole is beautiful, and I can't wait until it's completed.
omoshirooooo chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
MORE PLEASE :D
Nogizaka Ayumi chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Love the interaction between them!Will you be bring the regulars into this story? Please do! Also... update!
fluffybun chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
This is all kinds of amazing. While I'd like to believe that Tezuka would be more careful about his arm, medical knowledge will more likely point to reinjurement especially with the wild tennis of POT. O.o I also like how you characterize an older Sakuno, more mature yet with moments of innocence like how she cheerfully is when she appears in POT. Tezuka family comedy is love, well-handled. This rediscovering of boundaries is quite lovely, I hope you will continue this ans share it with us. :)
sweetiee112 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I LIKE THIS STORY VERY UNIQUE
Jaz-147 chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
I really love this story, its so awesome. By the way really liked how Sakuno is more confident any ways hope Tezuka and Sakuno become a couple.
Jaz-147 chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
upload pls ASAP.
IceBlack chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Patiently waiting for update. It's one of the best ones of Tezuka/Sakuno I've seen so far. Keep up the work.
speech of silence chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
oh lala. what an interesting tezukaxsaku fic you have. You've got me uber excited to find out why sakuno would want to run away. could something have happened with sakunoxryoma while tezuka was gone, maybe a break up of some sort ? I really want to know why she drastically changed [not that it's a bad thing and no, i don't think your version of sakuno is OOC at all], i rather like this sakuno. update soon, ne~ ?
Dalia Inscription chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
awww that was soo good. i loved tezuka's family, his mother was halarious. i really hope you update! i want to know what happened to sakuno :)
sugarum chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Bwaa, such a cliff hanger! D:

Thank you for writing a wonderful story. I really want to know what happened to Sakuno...

So I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this. ;D
Ely chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
UPDATE!xDDD! AAAH!

I Like This :D
mysticalphoenix-avalon chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
hahahaha...Mitsu-nii is entranced with Sakuno-san...OMG!

why is Sakuno running away in the first place...?

Well looking forward for the next chapter...
RebeccasanFujiEijiLVR chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
this was nice and different with sakuno, i cant wait 4 more.