Reviews for The Middle Child
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/25
This is really Great !

The way they brought food for each other. they eat together. had research conversation about Gabriel and his siblings problem. from Sam's POV. the last scene.

Just loving it !
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
Love how Sam got Dean his favorite dinner, and Dean got Sam his favorite...
interesting about Gabriel info.
LOL - stop saying seriously... and shrimp crackers? LOL! :D
wow - Interesting, about how Dean went for Sam's idea, after saying it wasn't worth it.
NogadamoBhitia chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
I enjoyed this Supernatural story when I read it this morning.. Thanks for posting it.
lillelouis chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
Aw that's cute :)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Sam mentally kicked himself; he knew that was a sore subject for Dean with their history. "I'm not…" Sam quickly hurried on, amazed at his epic ability to ruin two kinds of pie, several peace offerings, and Dean's apparently endless ability to forgive him.

Dean was the older brother, nurturing and grown up too fast and anxious to please. But sandwiched between John and Sam's iron wills, in many ways he'd been a middle child, too: the peacekeeper and mediator, outward antics hiding the thoughtfulness and sensitivity inside, always anxious to reconcile and support his family.
Zubeneschamali chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
"by the way, man. The left front tire? Pressure's a little low."

Hee! If they hadn't been in such a hurry to get to Gabriel, I bet Dean would've had Impala!Sam run a full diagnostic on himself...

I really enjoyed this missing scene, especially the food they bought for each other. :)
May Glenn chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Bahaha! Very cute! Enjoyed the read, enjoyed the insight! Middle children unite! ;)
hpsupernaturalfan chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
I liked how both Sam and Dean got the other's favorite food trying to each, I guess buy forgiveness possibly. I also noticed that Sam didn't buy himself any food, I guess he figured he he either wasn't very hungry or he figured this was for Dean mainly not himself.
JennK528 chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Hey, I missed this one! How the heck did that happen?

ANYWAY. I loved the observation about Dean being both the eldest child, and then, being between John and Sam, having characteristics of a middle child. That is so true - those traits of being the peacemaker/mediator in the family...

And, Research Girl, I cracked up over the fact (I'm sure it's a fact, I trust your research skills) that Gabriel is the patron saint of communications workers...LOL!

Sweet story. :) You renew my faith, as always.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
"They can't force us, so they're trying to sell us on saying yes." It does seem like the winged avengers are hard-selling the "you have no choice" card, doesn't it? Archangels meet Winchester stubborness. I'm putting my faith solidly in Team WS (but crossing my fingers, too!).

"...in many ways he'd been a middle child, too: the peacekeeper and mediator, outward antics hiding the thoughtfulness and sensitivity inside..." What a perfect way to describe Dean. So very true.

And thanks for the grin over Dean's shrimp cracker joke and Sam's, um, reaction. *g*

Wonderful brother moment - always love those.

Cheers, Sculls
Katiki chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
It was prophetic to say they might be able to get Gabriel on their side. But then of course Show immediately killed him off. I'm so bummed! I LOVE the Trickster!

Anyway, I really liked how they communicated with food, and openly understood the language like they were using words, and then turned it into a game of one-up-manship. It's just so Winchestery.

I'm really happy the band is back together again. It's about time!
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
"Dude, do you know when I last had watermelon?"

Dean cocked his head, thinking. "Uh…"

:D

LOL! Love Sammy's concern for the Impala! And that he caught it before Dean did! Awesome! :)
Nana56 chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Hm. I'm not sure I'm getting the left front tire reference and why Dean doubled over in laughter. I feel like I missed something. It's a dreary, rainy day and I'm probably dim, too.

Those poor boys aren't going to be comfortable together for a long time, are they? Their peaks are extremely high and their lows couldn't be much lower, I think. Even when one thinks things are good, the other isn't sure.

I did love that they both brought dinner home for the other one, but nothing for themselves. lol Silly boys!

Great fic. :)
Madebyme chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
I'm smiling from ear to ear! What a wonderful little fic, you managed to cram in so many emotions and touch on some painful but important issues while still finishing on a high.

I really liked the idea of the boys buying each others favourite foods, revealing them one by one like a competition of who knows who better. It was really nice to see that, to see them caring and thinking about each other, it makes for a refreshing change from what we saw in the previous season.

Great portrayal of the boys relationship too, especially in this time-line because they're still feeling it out and trying to find their feet. And having Sam so sure that Dean was out researching Lucifer and Sam's role in the apocalypse only to discover that he was looking into Tricksters and Sam's decision to get one on their side. They're not quite in sync but on the right track and like you said, on the same side.

Great insight too, with explaining that Dean is also the middle child, stuck in-between his Dad and brother, trying to keep the peace.

"I mean, we might've had our share of bumps, but neither of us has ever tried to end the world. Oh, wait…" The humour you used here and Sam's reaction to Dean's light hearted comment was spot on, seeing it as a sign of Dean's forgiveness, that he's moving on. Lovely little touch.

And what an ending! Having Sam comment about the tire pressure after having just been turned into the Impala! It was so subtle but hilarious! Fantastic fic, there aren't many writers who can capture the boys as well as you do. Until next time, take care, Abbi
TheKritty chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Aw. Dude. Seriously. I mean. SERIOUSLY *snickers*.

This was funny, somehow tragic and so heartwarming at the same time!It made me smile like crazy!

Very well done, I enjoyed reading it!

Krit