Reviews for Aftertaste of death
HybridsRose chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Wow, nice. Interesting how food is mentioned in here, especially as a lemon sweet is something Dumbledore eats a lot in the books, and he's always offering it to Mcgonagal, but she never takes it. I interpretate Mcgonagal taking the lollie in here as a sign of acceptance, or submissive defeat.
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Really nice job packing so much emotion into such a short piece. I generally try to avoid drabbles (mostly because I'm not mentally capable of saying a lot in a short amount of space) but I really like what you've done here.

The conflict really reads very well here. We can really see how Minerva is feeling and it comes across beautifully. I especially liked using both the ginger newts and the lemon sweets to further get the emotion through to us.

Overall, this was really lovely. Thanks so much for this and well done!

Cheers!
My Dear Professor McGonagall chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
I adore these two. :) Lovely!
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Short but wonderful :D
SKINNYxLOVE chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Again, another touching and sad story! But it was so beautifully done... excellent work!
cressey chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
wow, a bellatrix fan, writing so well about minerva? I am impressed. I love minerva, sometimes a little too much but still, her character intrigues me, and i like this story. It shows well her strength, and the fact that the scottish tend to like things with a little kick. They even put salt in their porridge :S

Fav-in it

x em
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
I love the opening line here. It's so . . . Minerva. I can really see her thinking and saying something like that. It's not a cruel statement, it's just . . . tough. She has to be tough, she has to fight, she has to be hard on herself . . . but she's not really bitter. Or at least, she doesn't seem to be. She's just under a lot of pressure and feeling a lot of uncertainty and guilt, and I think you show that really well here.

I also just adore the reference to Ginger Newts and Sherbet Lemons. :D :D

Nice work!
Jacalyn Hyde chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Great description of Minerva's conflicting emotions, part admiration and part resentment for Dumbedore. She feels worried and unworthy in his office now. I loved the contrast of the ginger newt and the lemon sweet, it said a lot for things to come. Love.
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
This might be my favorite of your food drabbles so far. I love how you show Minerva's conflicted feelings after Dumbledore's death.

"sweets and second chances" - I love this description.

And I love the image of Minerva taking a lemon drop out of Albus's desk - and I love that it's "his" desk, not "her" desk or "the" desk.

Again, love the last sentence.
xoxLewrahxox chapter 1 . 4/21/2010