Reviews for Cold Water
Arrowdar chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Hello! Can I ask your permission to translate this amazing story into Russian? )
Lily of the Valli chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
This tale about bear nad women is so beautiful and sad. And poor Katara, some part of her knew it's impossible to get back dead person to life.
Another Face chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Ugh. So, incredibly moving. 3
AnnaAza chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
My goodness that was so amazing and sad at the same time! I cannot believe how emotional and deep this is! Great job!
Sun Daughter chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Wow.

That just literally blew me away. Katara is IC. Awesome creativity/setting, flawless spelling and grammar, this looks like it took FOREVER... and wow. It's really really amazing. This is the perfect example of what a one-shot SHOULD look like.

Plus you've already been reviewed by OmniSchreiber which is a compliment among itself ;)

Added to my community. Keep writing and have a nice day.

Summer
OmniSchreiber chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Unique story. I can imagine a hopeful and desperate younger Katara trying to resurrect her mother in such an oblique manner. The tone and voice of the story (and moreso, the sub-story) were excellent.

I'm also glad you didn't have her mysteriously heal herself at the end (or at least not overtly, you left it up to interpretation). Granted, she did say "I guess I always have [known how to heal]" at one point, but meh.

I also found it amusing how dark Katara's "bedtime story" was. It followed, incidentally, in what I understand is the German tradition for children's stories: dark, scary, and carrying an important message about life, along with a few warnings about everyday things. I think this fits rather well with Water Tribe culture, seeing as how they're generally pragmatic and live in such a harsh environment.

I guess my only minor objection is that Katara seems... well... this could have been a one-time thing when the grief was still fresh, but I can't help but think that she almost seems like a cutter. I mean, doing something extreme and dangerous is one thing, but the nature of the pain inflicting... I dunno. It's not a strong objection.

Nicely done, overall.