Reviews for Fighting for his life again
AOB chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Oh, that was really cute.. I mean, very true, but also cute. John is such a tender person and I admire him a lot!
Especially loved this part:

All that I can do is follow,
Hoping he won't need my care.
Knowing that, despite my protests,
If he needs me I'll be there.
johnsarmylady chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Beautiful!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Very nice.
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Holmes has worked himself into the ground again.
blank00001 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Awesome! as usual. actually, awesome doesn't even adequately describe it. What word, what word...what's that word you're supposed to say when you don't know what to say?

Yep. Think that does it :)
Spockologist chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
I love this! It sounds so much like Watson.
Nytd chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
This poem captures so much of Watson so vividly. You surely have a gift for evoking an emotional response from the reader, and once again, by the end of one of your written works I have found myself quite moved.

Thanks for all the effort you put into these! :)

Cheers!
Lemon Zinger chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Another tear-jerker! I'm so impressed with your writing! You have a grand gift of poetry.

Lovely job!

-LZ
bemj11 chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I'm envious. I can't write poetry to save my life, though I love reading it.
reflekshun chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
I thought that that poem was rather nice. Thank you for sharing.
StillWaters1 chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
WOW. You have an absolutely incredible sense of rhyme and rhythm - this piece flows so easily, I could literally FEEL the music of the words. As a musician myself, it makes me wonder what kind of musical background you have, or if you're just that gifted a poet. I never felt like you were trying to force words to fit the rhyme pattern - every word was perfectly chosen, yet didn't FEEL chosen, if that makes any sense.

As for the content, I only have a cursory knowledge of Sherlock Holmes, but I still found this gorgeously detailed and attentive to the character. You beautifully touch on every aspect of the doctor-soldier-sidekick role, acknowledging every one of those hats with equal respect.

I could honestly copy the whole poem here as my favorite part, but I'll restrain myself. I do have to mention the lines "Thankful I could play my part/Grateful that my small endeavours/Don't disgrace the healer's art." As someone in the healing professions, this really hit home. It was so simply written, yet perfectly described a mantra I believe many healers hold - that sort of "While I may not be able to do much, please let those little things I CAN do, those little things I DO know, honor my chosen path." I love how you took the whole idea of ego right out of the equation and made it about the innate healer's soul and true friendship.

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful piece. I, for one, and very happy you returned to play with words again :)
The Wolf's Shadow chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
This is so Watson.
OneDarkandStormyNight chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Poetic beauty...
Fiorella 2 chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
So beatifull!
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Beautiful! BRAVA! You deserve applause and cheering for this wonderful work of poetic genius! I swear I am in love with this!