Reviews for I Am Not A Tragic Figure
Jean Danjou chapter 4 . 6/8/2014
"Terror." No. Show, don't tell. Once again, knowledge only the player should know. But hey finally some anger and indignation.

Loved the way you wrote her reaction to the surface. I think that explaining why all pther origins weren't recruited was a waste of time. We simply assume he couldn't save them and moved on, mentioning them only made me think that it was one of the stories where al origins appear.
Jean Danjou chapter 3 . 6/8/2014
I said it 3 times and I will say it again, overthinking. And her feelings, what? It was too confusing and not in a good way by far. She seemed to have accepted it very easily, and her feelings were blank. She had been arrested, her name thrown away, where is the rage, indignation? She said it, she couldn't imagine not being an Aeducan, she lost that, and her nobiliy. Her reaction? Meh.

Then there is that moment with Gorim, are we supposed to feel anything for that romance? We saw nothing of it, just a random line thrown 2 chapters ago.
Jean Danjou chapter 2 . 6/8/2014
A good chapter, but Aunn way overthinks way, way too much. And sometimes it seems like she has knowledge that only a player would have. Again, llove that casual arrogance.
Jean Danjou chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
I liked this chapter, a lot, Aunn seems bipolar sometimes, but I really like her and that casual arrogance of her. Wished you didn't mention her love for Gorim so casually or simply mentined it once.
random-k chapter 4 . 2/14/2013
aunn is the best
timunderwood9 chapter 33 . 4/27/2012
"The Orlesian Wardens hadn't been pleased to hear that not only was Loghain not going to being heeding the First Warden's request to transfer him to Orlais but that Anora was willing to go back on her word to give the Wardens Amaranthine if they tried to send an Orlesian Warden to take command of it but since they wanted Amaranthine far more than Anora had wanted to give it to them, they had quickly conceded. Orlais was still going to be sending a dozen or so Wardens to help Ferelden's Order rebuild itself but a Ferelden – Loghain – was going to be leading it."

Honestly, the way the game handled that is just weird. Perhaps due to Ferelden politics nobody would be willing to give Loghain control- but he is a hero, and everyone still thinks he is a hero, and he is definitely qualified, and definitely not Orlesian.

Its at least the obvious choice if the warden doesn't want the position, and sending him to Orlais when the need more Ferelden Grey Wardens. It all seems a bit inexplicable. Eh well.

For that matter, it seems weird that Anora would even let an Orlesian take that position at this point (why not someone from Antiva or something at the very least). Oh well. Good solid story as a whole, fun, lots of good jokes, etc.
timunderwood9 chapter 31 . 4/27/2012
Honestly, once you realize everything that is going on, running to 'rescue' Anora really doesn't make sense, but unfortunately the game isn't structured to be able to handle choosing not to.

Also Alistair really is a bit childish- there is a reason my characters tend not to like him, though he is funny, and not really a bad person at all.
timunderwood9 chapter 20 . 4/26/2012
""That was easily one of the biggest wastes of time I've yet to partake in," Shale was lamenting as Aunn got close enough to hear. "And I've recently wasted thirty years playing a statue."

"I don't even understand why we needed to get involved," Zevran declared.

"I told you why!" Leliana insisted. "Cammen really loved her and it wasn't his fault that he couldn't go into the forest to hunt-""

Lol

I refuse to help Cammen on general principles during my play throughs.
timunderwood9 chapter 15 . 4/26/2012
"No problem," Leliana chirped. "I wanted to go look at the imported perfume anyway…"

Several long, boring hours later Aunn and Alistair dragged a not-even-close-to-being-done Leliana back to Wade's shop where everyone else was already waiting for them outside.

And this is why I love Leliana. It was like my favorite side conversation when she started bugging Morrigan about her fashion sense.

Fun. :)
timunderwood9 chapter 14 . 4/26/2012
""You know," Zevran remarked wryly, "we're all exceedingly lucky that I only found you after joining up with Aunn."

"Why is that?" Shale asked disinterestedly.

Zevran smirked. "Because before then I was a Crow…""

That pun is soooo bad its wrong. I love it.

Also in the previous chapter, I absolutely loved the bit where Sten got the answer to his riddle wrong by responding 'Duty'. Honestly that was probably the funniest joke for me so far in the story, because it so Sten.
timunderwood9 chapter 13 . 4/26/2012
"Why didn't your father legitimize you himself?" Aunn asked. "Was he trying to prevent you and Cailan from killing each other off?"

Possibly an additional reason for Loghain to legitimately think there was treason going on? Perhaps he thinks Alistair intentionally took his time in lighting the beacon, hoping Cailan would be killed to open an opportunity for him to make a play for the throne?

Of course there are several ways to read Loghain's behavior at Ostagar and this only fits with a few of them.
timunderwood9 chapter 12 . 4/26/2012
Lol, Aunn is such an idiot. The only reason in the game you call for the dragon is meta reasons- ie you know its going to be a tough fight, and you can reload and try again with a new strategy after the first three times it kills your party.

Anyone who would actually voluntarily call the dragon down is completely insane, which is why of course all of the other fan fics I've read have the dragon attacking them without the party asking 'pretty please, attack me'.
timunderwood9 chapter 10 . 4/26/2012
"Aunn tactfully decided not to mention her belief that the Maker was simply a fairytale that the people of Thedas told themselves to try to explain their existence. Honestly, 'we were bad so the Maker got mad and left but not before turning people into darkspawn'? Why were they trying to lure such a malevolent creature back again?"

It could just be me, but I sort of get the impression that one of the influences the religion in Dragon Age was science fiction stories about petulant teenagers in extremely advanced technological societies creating mini universes and the messing them up because they are a petulant teenager.

I mean quite clearly if the maker is a true story of the DA universe's creation he isn't a very good person. Also I wonder if there is some sort of anti religious sentiment going on.

Also as a relevant to your story comment, I definitely like how you use the DN origin's political pragmatism in telling the story- while still having the character choose to go the hero route for image reasons so she isn't consistently doing highly unsympathetic things.
Coldial chapter 6 . 10/9/2011
Aw so thats what we did with Ser Gilmore, at first I though you were gonna insert the mod that makes Gilmore a companion. Also some of the parts are right hilarious.
Coldial chapter 5 . 10/9/2011
So how what is gonna happen to Gilmore. Does he die in battle, or does he die in the battle. Don't really see Flemeth saving all three in her birdie form. Unless yer gonna say she saved them as a dragon. Also that line about Alistair's insults from Gilmore had me rolling.