Reviews for The Tale of Adelaide
J.T.'s A.X chapter 2 . 5/7
Omg! -_- tsk-tsk. She should have demanded that they help her with her car troubles and then she would have seen the look on their faces when they saw her car. I feel like that might have been really funny! x)
Jeanette chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
I don't want to discourage you because you do have an ability to tell a story, but there are a lot of inconsistencies here. For one, her swearing and constant insults and mood swings make your character seem like a petulant brat that bitches whenever she doesn't get her way. That every single male seems to love her is also too far fetched. Her treatment of her lover Frodo don't match up to how someone would truly treat the person they cared about, and no one reacts how a person would if they were constantly belittled and treated with such blatant disrespect. I read all of your chapters, and like I said before you do tell an interesting story. But all of the random objects that she has? Her laptop and iPod still working, and then a gun in the last few chapters(can't remember which one). These things are just so out of place and do not belong at all on middle earth. You should work on making your main character more well rounded and developed, and truly delve deep into why is she doing this and what can this mean for the future? Continue writing and working on developing your skills as an author, but I suggest doing some more thorough research on middle earth and The Lord of the Rings before posting, there is a lot in your story that isn't correct. Although I did enjoy her time in the Shire and thought that that was a very well written story line besides as I mentioned her language and mood swings and such.
QueenSword chapter 26 . 8/2/2011
Oh...my...God... Bloody amazing. How have you only gotton 25 reviews! But, then again, the Tolkien fandoms are pretty slow at the moment. I read the review page and I was so surprised to see you got a flame, don't listen to him/her. Yes, Adelaide is a Mary-Sue, but it is a GOOD sue, she isn't perfect. Maybe she did have too many love interests, but the way you wrote it made it seem real.

There are a few plot holes, like Gondor being a city, but the majority are willing to forgive because we all do it. Plus, you can always go back and edit it.

What can I say about the story? I laughed so damn much, I wept buckets, I was seriously turned on at points, and I'm always going back to this to reread all of it.

Maybe you could take the Mary-Sue Litmus test and see what you could change, to satisfy the flamers?

I love this story; it was so funny, sad, hot and beautifully written.

-Cough- please excuse my fangirly-ness about this...
Lieutenant Paladine chapter 26 . 6/6/2011
Love your story! Keep up the good work! I look forward to the next segment!
xdrop-of-golden-sunx chapter 26 . 5/30/2011
OMG! I fucking love this fic! Don't listen to anyone who puts you down, you're an amazing author. This fic is one that I can read again and again and never gets old!
PersonifyThis chapter 18 . 5/21/2011
Ok so I'm a lazy reviewer, but I felt compelled to drop you a line. I've read the last 18 chapters in 5 hours? 5 hours? Yeah that sounds about right. I am absolutely adoring your story. Addy is such a spit fire and is in very unusual situations (what with a lot of the story being post Fellowship) which makes the story so lovely to read. I don't know why you don't have more reviews (maybe add the main characters? Frodo and Eowyn?) and it will attract more attention because it certainly deserves it! There are some discrepancies that bother me (the laptop for music when it should have died years earlier, her huge wardrobe when I don't remember her even leaving her car with a backpack and other random items that she seems to have through out the story with no real explanation) HOWEVER they are easily over lookable and I find myself just rolling with it because I want to read more. Great, well written story. Kudos to you for dropping a girl into ME and not turning her into a Mary Sue!
Writer of the North chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Ok I have one problem with the whole logging road thing. I lived in Alaska for the majority of my life and I know for a fact there are no logging roads near Anchorage. There's not even any out by Wasilla. Other than that I kinda liked this chapter. I don't know about you but I love Alaska.
jules14 chapter 27 . 3/3/2011
"Not a Mary Sue"? Who the hell are you kidding? This IS a Mary Sue, plain and simple. She gets sent to Middle-earth after one bad day (by the way, why is it always middle-class American brats who get a second chance in Middle-earth and not, you know, suffering people from third-world countries who actually NEED a second chance?). Despite her foul language and irritating attitude, everyone likes her. She falls in love with Legolas. And her name is "Adelaide Elspeth Genevieve Edessa"? Are you fucking serious?

You must really hate Lord of the Rings. Nobody who has the least bit of appreciation for it would insert this obnoxious twit into Middle-earth to criticize everyone and everything. I'm not trying to be a Tolkien Nazi anymore, but I do appreciate the love and effort Tolkien put into his story. Frankly, you and this piece of garbage digust me.
RebeccaSeverusSnape chapter 27 . 1/11/2011
This was a very good story and I can honestly say that I really enjoyed reading it. I can't believe that it's only got 20 reviews; you clearly put alot of effort into this.

Overall, very well done and Im now off to read part 2 :)
Rowzy chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
This seems really good so far. Pretty funny, and amusing.
Veidrik chapter 27 . 9/22/2010
This was such a cool story, really loved the fact that she wasn't such a Mary-Sue as a lot of other stories' female leads are
LadyAiredonelle chapter 3 . 8/13/2010
ummm Adelaide is a complete sue.. i mean her name is so sueish. Her voice, the fact that you put Rohan and Gondor as CITIES and they are countries! Eowyn lives in Edoras, and the capital of Gondor is Minas Tirith. another thing is the language barrier. The people of Gondor and Rohan didn't speak English, but Westron and Rohhirric.
x0Skay0x chapter 2 . 7/31/2010
she's so much fun!
jada951 chapter 27 . 7/19/2010
well done!

I must admit, I figured she would get captured by the Urks and then saved by Eomer. You have peaked my interest to head for the next story.

jada951 chapter 10 . 7/18/2010
whoa!

glad they were finally able to reveal their feelings to each other.

pretty hot, too.