Reviews for The Lobster Quadrille
MissBliss8527 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
I worship you. I favourite you. You are absolutely totally wonderfully awesome. Words cannot describe how awesome you are at writing, and writing is the best thing in the world.
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
I've always sort of been intrigued by Becky Albright, she seemed like a very strong character despite her short stint in the comics. I've recently taken up an interest in her since she seems like the perfect fit for Jon and I'm honestly ashamed to admit that I had forgotten about her until a few weeks ago; they really should have done more with her.

*sigh* I talk too much, I know - onto the review:

I really loved reading this piece because I loved your take on Becky's logic. (I also enjoyed you having Becky come back to Gotham with a major in psychology rather than law - it was a very nice touch and my personal favorite part of the piece.) Becky always seemed to me to have a good head on her shoulders and you really showed this here as she was talking to Alice; she came off as really mature for her age, even if a bit jaded - which isn't a criticism because I like my female characters to be jaded. It makes them not only more interesting but less naive. I believe you might have inspired me to make my own Becky/Jon fic and I really thank you for that because I feel like I haven't written anything in forever. :D

-Lark.
Acacia24 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
It's really admirable the way Becky never wallowed in self pity after the incident. And the fact that she doesn't hate Scarecrow shows a real strength in character.

Very well done!
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
This was an excellent portrayal

of how two of my favorite Rogues

(Eddie dear being the third),saw

their ideals..as someone who will

rescue them and hopefully even come

to love them, Alice is angry,she should

be more angry with herself than at poor

Jervis because she didn't notice how Jervis

really felt about dense can someone

be? From what Becky was saying I inferred that

she has no intention of becoming Jonathan's

Mistress of Fear but that she maybe might

become a friend to there might

still be hope for Jervis and Alice.:)

I take it that Alice and Billy are no longer

together?
ehs06702 chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
I like this. It paints a very descriptive picture. I could see this in my head almost like a movie.I hope you decide to involve Jonny and Jervis. Maybe turn turn this into a romance? It's always nice to see my favorite Rouges get a happy ending,they really deserve it in my opinion.

Oh yeah,I almost forgot to mention the spelling error in the eighth line: you misspelled Pleasance.

But I'm figuring that's a spellcheck error,because that happens when I write her last name too.
lost soul's keeper chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Oh that was so ...creepy.

I don't mean in the bad way, I mean in the it's true but it still makes your shiver.

I like becky's last few lines. It's true. Johnthan and Jervis saw both of them as ideals personified and alice and becky didn't get that until it was too late.
My Beautiful Ending chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
that's so cool O.O this should be a multi-chap thing. like seriously.
Me Hurrah chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
That is beautiful. One of the best fics i've read in a long, long time. Those girls are so under-used, and you make great, touching use of them here. It leaves me a little sad for Alice's revelation, but hopeful for Jervis and Jonathan's healing. I would like to see the girls pay the men a visit in Arkham, to straighten a few things out with them.
mushi6618 chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
You know a story is good when you can picture in your mind what is happening in the room between the two characters. I love this story, truly this is the best idea you've had yet. The way you have Alice react to Becky is perfect and I love the way you explained everyone's past and how Becky's thoughts are about Crane. I do believe that she's convinced Alice of her philosophy and you have a point about them leaving their mark on the two girls.

Over all this story was perfect plot wise, but you might want to re-read towards the end, there were a couple of grammar things and some sentence straightening you might want to fix. Otherwise you've seem to have outdone your self, and this is only a oneshot!

You know Amber you really have a gift for writing. I'll be looking forward to your future updates!

~Mushi
The Illegible chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
I've actually never heard of Becky before reading your fics (and I desperately need to get better about reviewing, because they are oodles of fun) but particularly as you've presented her she seems like a very interesting character! I LOVE the conversation she and Alice share along with the fact that they neither hate nor love their rogues (at least for now), have been given a glimpse of them that no one else has seen, and...man, this entire thing was just brilliant.

And part of me is kind of shipping Jon and Becky a little bit. :-3 Although I did enjoy your shot of her taking up his offer, I actually quite like that she rejected his lifestyle here. Rogue/disagreeing civvie ships just seem super tasty to me, though I haven't done any myself. I'd love to see you write more with them in any case, romantic or otherwise. :-)

Lovely job!