Reviews for Harry Potter and the Cursed Summer
Sakihinata chapter 14 . 5/21
Winston (the parrot) has become my favorite mascot ;)
Gracfully chapter 24 . 4/28
so very awesome, from start to finish everything is written & described well :)
Gracfully chapter 14 . 4/28
I like the fact that Winston complains because he does not get enough rest between deliveries - well according to him anyway
Gracfully chapter 10 . 4/28
I like it very neat
Gracfully chapter 6 . 4/28
:) very neat
Gracfully chapter 1 . 4/28
like it I do
Calmzone1 chapter 15 . 4/25
Thanks for the laughs - seriously, summoning bugs while in a rain forest! Hilarious!
rocky-griffin-az chapter 3 . 4/22
This is my fourth time reading this fic, it's a really good fic, and as i reread this chapter i thought it would be quite funny if Harry was named Fudge's heir because he sighed for him and had no children. Just a thought, maybe an omake...
Good story. I read Bungle in the Jungle, too, and while it's an excellent story it suffers from the author introducing story elements that exceeded the original canon (Riddle in C.A. making a challenge that made his horcrux defenses look like child's play). I like how you created challenges for Harry without trying to tie them directly to canon and Riddle..
missgsmith51 chapter 24 . 4/12
Thank you for a wonderful story. I found it in someone's favorites list, and I generally like Bill Weasley, so I thought it would be fun.

You did a nice job of creating interesting characters and leading the reader to care about them. I'm looking forward to continuing with the sequel. I haven't checked yet, but if it isn't finished, I hope you are planning to finish it.

I must say I like the way you are developing Harry. He seems a bit more dashing and less immature. I hope that holds.

Question: Is the moon owl Hagrid saw a reincarnation of Hedwig, or is it Daphne's form ... or something different yet?
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 4/12
Uh-oh. It looks as if the new and improved (read: sexy) Harry is going to have his hands full. Belle is smitten with him; Daphne already has an activated contract with him; and now Hermione is acknowledging an interest ... and she hasn't even seen or talked to the new and more interesting version of Harry yet. Add to this the tournament, and I think Harry's fourth year is going to make the first three look boring. One look at his new physical attributes and newly developed social graces and charms, and Ron's jealousy should go into hyperdrive.
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 4/12
I suppose that once Harry returns, Ron will be jealous when he finds out how exciting the trip was and how Bill and the others have kind of taken Harry under their wings and helped him learn so many things. The fact that Ron willingly blew off the opportunity won't matter, either, if jealousy does take hold.

I wonder, too, how Dumbledore will respond (if he finds out) to Harry's having taken Perenelle's potion. Is this Dumbledore a good guy, or is he a manipulative jerk? I'm hoping the former, based on his willingness to let go of one of his cherished positions in order to return to Hogwarts and see to things there ... although his concern about Harry experiencing "too much outside influence" from others is troubling, knowing his willingness to keep Harry ignorant.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 4/11
Poor Harry. Will he ever be able to command his own life? since the night his parents were murdered, Dumbledore has been controlling it (via the Dursleys, in part). Now it is also being controlled, in some ways, from beyond the grave, thanks to those marriage contracts. I wonder why his Potter wealth is so insignificant that he can't buy out the 35,000 Galleon Potter marriage contract. That seems odd, to me. Has someone been dipping into his vaults? I hope he survives long enough to meet his intended Greengrass wife.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 4/11
I love you, Harry, but if I'd been a victim of your little "bug summoning," I think you'd be toast about now. To be honest, my legs already look as though I was standing right beside you, with 20-30 bites on each foot and leg. It's been a bad three weeks (how long it took for the itching to fade), and I can only hope the scars fade eventually. Actually, that spell could be quite effective when directed at one's enemy in a fight.

Personally, I think one betrothal is more than enough for a kid Harry's age. Besides, I don't care for the multiple wife thing (sharing a spouse is overrated). However, your story is finished, so I'll just have to deal with what you gave Harry. I'm more concerned that he survive a) the tournament, b) Lucius's manipulations, and c) his next encounter with Voldemort.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 4/11
So ... Did Harry's vision of Voldemort interfere with his attempt to "meet" his inner animal? It's too bad - with all of these curse-breakers - that the Horcrux can't be identified and removed from Harry's head. I'll bet Lone Feather could do it.
1,919 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »