Reviews for Harry Potter and the Cursed Summer
Mad Mav chapter 18 . 8/6/2020
Oh yes because they can all just have a perfectly good view of their magical reserves in a fight for their lives. Healer or not that little bitch better be thanking them for saving their asses from those raiders.
siriusfan1990 chapter 1 . 7/31/2020
This is an amazing story. especially the details you went through the curse breaking. Tell the truth. you are a wizard/witch?
MagicMysticFantasy chapter 10 . 7/14/2020
I found the overall plot of this story to be interesting, which is why I stuck with it for so long, but there are certain things that are making me regret picking this story up and I feel it is important for you to know how your audience may feel reading certain things.

There was near constant sexism throughout the portion of this story that I read - and as you can see, I made it through half the story before I couldn't take it anymore. There is a thirteen year old boy staring at women's chests without their knowledge, flirting with grown adults, and joking about looking at women's underwear without their consent. It made me feel gross and disgusted. Not to mention the way a lot of the men so far have made comments on the women's looks and chest sizes in extremely rude ways. Any off-screen women are talked about as only dating material for the men, and one of the women we meet has been forced into an unbreakable marriage contract with someone she doesn't like. This is all sexist and has ultimately made me want to not read this anymore.

In the most recent chapters too, there is the addition of minor ableism and bodyshaming, as well as borderline racism. For Denny who is overweight, he is made fun of and shamed for it through the use of mocking thoughts and insults like 'fatso'. For characters like Xo and Lone Feather, there is racism in the form of stereotyping them due to ideas of what 'all Native Americans' are like and of what 'all Asian' people are like. I was disappointed to see all of the above in the story, and it both distracted from the reading material and made me not want to read further.

Finally, there is the lack of concern about personal boundaries throughout the story - both with women (as I already discussed) and with Harry's own thoughts. The comment from Xo about not invading his privacy by reading surface thoughts is inaccurate, as he didn't ask permission, Harry didn't know, and Xo even admitted that he'd have to stop soon once Harry could sense him.

Overall the story made me feel really disgusted and uncomfortable, which is a shame because I was really interested in the premise and felt that the idea had a lot of merit and potential. I am disappointed about where it is going and felt it important to share my experience about what is making me leave it behind. I hope you can take something away from this review, and best wishes moving forward.
SunPho3n1x chapter 23 . 7/9/2020
Such a great story! I have read it before and it is just as good this time! Thank you for writing this.
Esmereilda chapter 18 . 6/24/2020
poor albus but ur out of luck there harry has been seriously outsidely influenced XD
Esmereilda chapter 11 . 6/24/2020
this is gunna come in handy later having spent the summer with cursebreakers and hit wizards is gunna give harry a leg up if he gets dragged into the Triwizard again
udm17 chapter 24 . 5/25/2020
This was a fun read. I wish others wrote more stories like these
Amber9572 chapter 12 . 5/10/2020
That last note was beautiful, I wish I could say more but that’s the only word I have for it, that was a beautiful touch
johnny99 chapter 1 . 4/8/2020
First step after Harry wakes up — kill Vernon.
loleo chapter 5 . 3/4/2020
i soooo love this story, thank you
GreenCuber chapter 14 . 2/2/2020
Amazing story, it’s been keeping me off wattpad for a change
Tempest71 chapter 10 . 1/18/2020
This has been interesting so far. I just thought there would be a trip wire ward behind the door for the opening door to trigger.
Nebelwand chapter 24 . 1/7/2020
this entire thing was fantastic!
Carden88 chapter 24 . 12/29/2019
This story was very well written to me and was fun to read. It had very good pacing too and didn't move to fast or get dragged down in too many details or events. great job!
jendel chapter 24 . 11/16/2019
This was a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing
2,088 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »