Reviews for Shadow in the Rain
Yuri-hime chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
As a long-time reader of this series, I must say I completely adore how you (and RadiantBeam!) have fleshed Lutecia's character out so fully and vividly. You made the Lutecia/Vivio pairing real for me way back when, and I've been enjoying it ever since 3

And I just loved this line and burst out laughing when I read it XD

('Cause I will pitch her non-magical hind end out a window and have Aunt Hayate cover it up if she ever hurts you, NSIS director or not.")

A overly-protective Vivio is an adorable Vivio
d chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
great work! the ending just killed me (in a good way). hope your Mai Hime stories are going well.
deathcurse chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Sorry for not reviewing earlier!

I liked how Vivio brought up that she and Lutecia go through the same dance every time Lutecia tries to hide something from Vivio, yet is very patient about it.

I'm awfully tickled that you had Auris in there as the Director, I'll definitely be bending over to see if I could slip references to this in "Crime Never Sleeps"! D

Compelling motivation for Lutecia to return to active duty...it would be hard watching accidents when she knows how she could have pulled it off better and with fewer losses. If anything could drag Lutecia back to work, I would imagine that that would be it. Great!

"You're not doing it just because you feel guilty or because Auris Gaiz is a manipulative bitch? 'Cause I will pitch her non-magical hind end out a window and have Aunt Hayate cover it up if she ever hurts you, NSIS director or not."

...oh, that is just BEGGING for an omake! D *nudge nudge* P

I agree, I like the distinction between who "Cia" was and who "Lulu" is now ). There's something powerfully symbolic in a name.

Great fic, as always!
RadiantBeam chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Thank you! Awesome birthday present. :D

It always amazes me at how perfectly you get Vivio down, especially. Lutecia is always well written regardless, but I always feel like you reach practically into Vivio's head. She just comes across as so honest and direct that it's incredible. The fact that Lutecia can't even stand up to her at all in the series should probably be a running gag by now.

Incidentally, I still haven't decided what to do with Lutecia's in-series nickname yet. *laughs nervously* You make a very good point, and I can't argue with it at all, really, but it's hard to abandon something when you're so attached to it. Plus, it sounds so much better than Lulu. :p *shot*

Rereading this, though, makes me notice something fun to ponder: what kind of missions could Lutecia go on now? By this point other planets have developed magical capacity, and pose as a threat, possibly. Fun ideas to consider all around, really.

Awesome work.
Baughn chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Hum. Covert ops, eh...

The timeframe of this story should be just when Earth starts getting *really* scary to the TSAB. By most estimates we've got several times the population of midchilda, and we're not exactly taking our development slowly and cautiously..

I wonder how Vivio would react to Lulu going to Earth to, I don't know.. kill leading scientists, say. I do know how we'd react, should we ever find out. I still need to get started on that Earth vs. TSAB story...
GeshronTyler chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Ah, I'd read this on Animesuki, it's a nice piece. The personal costs of military service are levied on all those closely connected to a soldier, friends, lovers, family... That makes it all the more bitter when military issues are friviously used in political arenas.

Of course, the whole idea of the "Shadows" is dangerous, because

its in direct conflict to the ideals of the TSAB, and because such an organization can lose sight of its own mission and rules of engagement. After all, who watches the watchmen?

Something which Deathcurse is writing about.