Reviews for Truth & Consequences
okedoke chapter 4 . 5/24/2010
I love your stories of Toby and Jean. You will be sadly missed. I don't usually review, as expressing myself is something I am uncomfortable with. I admire your ability, at story telling and wish you great success.

okedoke (Marvia)
Scullspeare chapter 3 . 5/16/2010
I’ve been on holiday so I’m just now catching up on some of my SN reading.

Chapter 2

I love how nervous Sam and Dean are when meeting Jean again. They can face monsters and spirits, things that would scare the bejeebers out of most of us, with ne’ery a flinch, but a reunion with family friends has them quaking in their boots. Somehow, that just seems very Winchester!

I also love the matter-of-fact way Dean relates what happened to him (“I died”) and Jean and Toby’s oh-so-normal reaction (“I think you better start from the beginning.”)

Wonderful scene.

Chapter 3

“Preferably without sounding utterly insane, although chances were the ship had long since sailed on that one.” *g* I think this applies to just about any facet of the Winchesters’ lives!

You know, I really hate the “It’s Sam’s fault,” “It’s Dean’s fault,” arguments that routinely pop up in this fandom. I think you captured the brothers perfectly in that while Sam may feel guilty over launching the apocalypse, for example, Dean will always acknowledge his role in lighting that fire. It’s just the way the brothers are.

Jean makes me smile. She reminds me a lot of my Mum – who also “could have words with the Almighty himself, letting this kind of thing go on and not lifting a finger to stop it.” :)

I loved the boys’ reactions to Jean and Toby’s reactions. It’s sad – but completely accurate – that they expect judgment rather than support from loved ones.

Thoroughly entertaining chapters. Looking forward to more.

Cheers, Sculls
sergeantmicky chapter 3 . 5/12/2010
Another great chapter! I liked how the boys told the story together, kicking each other and interrupting at certain places. Very in character. I wonder what Toby's planning? Looking forward to more. :)
pandora jazz chapter 3 . 5/11/2010
Thanks for the wonderful treat!

I was just sitting here trying not to think about Thursday's episode and wanted something to read.

Toby and Jean's reaction was just as I imagined. So cute how Jean was ready to have a talk with the Angels and even God.

Nice touch with Dean as Sam noticed how he downed both of his drinks.

I could just picture Dean trying to tell the story and Sam feeling so guilty. Love how Dean kept repeating that the mistakes that started the Apocalypse were made by both brothers.

Great visual image of the brothers telling the story with this scene.

'Irritated, Dean stubbornly countered every guilt ridden comment by clearly pointing out that the fault hadn't been Sam's alone; there was enough blame to go around and he made sure Jean and Toby knew that in no uncertain terms, despite the death ray glare he was getting in return from his left side.'

Thanks for the info on your book's release, I already ordered my copy of 'Shadows and Lies'. Though hoping to read 'Bonds of Destiny' again before starting the second one, but have to get it back from my co-worker.

Thanks again for sharing your story with us. :)

Hope all is well, take care.
Dimminished chapter 3 . 5/11/2010
Very Nice. Jean and Toby had the perfect reaction. I love how understanding they are, and it's sad how hard it is for Sam and Dean to simply accept their forgiveness.

Don't worry about the delays in getting these chapters posted. They are well worth the wait.

See you next chapter.
supergirl3684 chapter 3 . 5/11/2010
that was brilliant! Those poor boys! I hope Toby can help them at least a little!

I just started working a couple days a week so it'll be a little longer before I can your book but rest assured, I will be buying it!
ziggy.uk chapter 3 . 5/11/2010
You have gotta love Toby and Jean, taking in all the boys had to say about the apocalypse and not blaming them in the slightest, even though they have made mistakes. They are shrewd enough to know that the boys have been played by angels and demons alike. Did have to laugh at Jean wanting to have a few words with the Almighty!

Can understand why the boys are still not totally at ease, even after talking to Toby and Jean, perhaps this walk Toby is going to take them on whilst Jean cooks dinner will help relax them as they both need to loosen up a little!
annie200 chapter 2 . 5/9/2010
I am so thrilled to see this story. I just looked you up to PM you that I'd just read and loved Roadkill and to thank you again for telling me about the series. I was totally not expection a Spn fic and 2 original novels, which I'm now off to order from Amazon! Congratulations, and hope to see an update to this soon!
Dimminished chapter 2 . 4/30/2010
Dean explaining to Jean and Toby what's happened since being pulled from hell... This ought to be good.

Great second chapter. I loved Jean's shocked surprise when she turned the corner and saw the Impala. A very realistic response.

I wasn't expecting Jean to slap Dean, but there must be something about him that invites that sort of reaction. lol

Looking forward to more of their reunion, so hurry back. :)
pandora jazz chapter 2 . 4/29/2010
You are doing a great job writing the brothers. :)

I had to smile when Dean kept messing with the radio, could picture Sam hitting his hand.

The apprehension that Dean and Sam felt when they arrived at Toby and Jeans would definitely be true. Poor Dean getting slapped and than a hug, that sounds about right. I loved Jean's response to seeing the brothers and I believe she would have hugged Dean first since he was the one that was suppose to be dead, but than she would have demanded a hug from Sam too.

I liked the bit at the kitchen table as Dean and Sam waited to talk to the couple. Sam's observation of Dean, 'Only someone who knew him really well – a very short list that Sam came top of would have spotted the telltale signs of tension around his eyes and the way he kept clenching his jaw.' I also like how Dean noticed Sam's nervousness about the upcoming conversation as he remembered Bobby's reaction even if it was really a demon's response.

What a I believe is no matter how crazy Dean and Sam's story will sound, Toby and Jean can handle it.

Thanks for the wonderful update and thanks again for sharing your story with us.

Until next time, take care.
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 4/29/2010
Awesome second chapter. You could really feel the boys apprehension as they arrived at Toby and Jean's and not surprising with the news they have to tell them. Loved Jean's reaction when she first saw them, but poor Dean getting the slap as her emotions were all over the place! And the elderly couple took the news very well that Dean died and was pulled out of hell by an angel but not surprised Toby said they needed to start at the beginning. It may be a lot for Toby and Jean to take but and difficult for the boys to tell them but I have the feeling that they will not judge and listen to them with understanding as they really are a remarkable couple.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
supergirl3684 chapter 2 . 4/29/2010
that was awesome! Poor Dean...Jean must have some real power to her swing! :D
sergeantmicky chapter 2 . 4/29/2010
Oh, this is going to be interesting! :D This chapter was all kinds of awesome - I feel bad for the boys, how nervous they are! I think we've all been there in one way or another. I laughed so much at Dean's line on if Toby got "handy with the slapping". Poor boy, he really is always the one to get hit! *laughs* Looking forward to more, Michaela! :D
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
What a lovely surprise it was when the e-mail alert popped in for your story. I'm so glad you hopped back in the Impala for another ride.

I love these little brotherly moments - bits of introspection and getting inside their heads as they actually talk. Yes, talk. These are all too rare on screen.

And yet, Sam and Dean are completely in character. I got a wonderful mental image of the two of them in the car - grouchy, just-woke-up Dean and stressing Sam - as this scene played out. Great job.

You've definitely piqued my interest.

And congratulations on the publication of your upcoming novel. I'd love to know the name.

Cheers, Sculls
Sage of Spirit1 chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
I'm sure the smile that was on my face when I opened my inbox and saw a new story from you made me look like a complete goofball. I'm so glad the boys are going to visit Jean and Toby again and am anxious to see their reaction to everything that's happened with the guys.
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »