Reviews for Masquerade
silver.rain.854 chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
I liked it :D

It was lots of fun to read, and I think your Dameon character was good!

Like a couple of other reviewers said, the writing style is quite different from IC, but honestly, what can you expect? You're your own writer!

Good work!
Froody chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Fairly brilliant. Poor poor Dameon. I felt his every emotion in this. Like an empath. Heart-trodden. x
Teddiii chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Okay, so before I begin, I would like to say that I haven't actually finished 'The Sending' yet, nor did I notice that Dameon is in love with Elspeth. I love the pair, from the beginning, but have only ever seen them as friends and/or brother and sister. So learning today, thanks to deviantART, that Dameon does love her, I'm at a cross roads. Mostly because it goes against every fibre in my being for him to love her 'that way'.

However- I really, truly enjoyed this. It's about time we see some passion in Dameon, besides him telling her to go to Rushton in 'The Stone Key'. We need to see that Dameon actually is human, and maybe sometimes he just can't be happy because something didn't go his way. It seems that everyone is being bonded in 'The Sending' or 'getting it on' in Rushton and Elspeth's case. It always seemed to me that Dameon would die, quite happily, alone.

If this segment was to be added into 'The Sending', I believe it would be a hit with all Dameon and Elspeth fans.

But, you're style of writing it quite different from Isobelle Carmody's and so Elspeth's narration wasn't quite the same as it is in the books. Maybe, if you just tried a little to put more Elspeth into it..? I know you pointed out that you feel as though you didn't get the character right, and believe me when I say you get 10 points for originality. It just seemed as though the technique was a little off.

Originality: 10/10

Technique: 7/10 (for being aware of the fact it wasn't absolutely right)

Vision (Clarity): 8/10

Impact: 9/10
a fan chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
a little OOC but me likey!

you're a truly talented writer

I'm a Dameon supporter and you have an almost unnerving talent for pinpointing his emotions. I've always wondered what it would be like when Damoen finally reveals his ture feelings to Elspeth (it has to happen)

keep up the good stuff! :D
Dozey212 chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Ah, so bitter sweet. I love Dameon and Elspeth ... Write more? Or an alternate ending where it really is Dameon Elspeth?

By the way, this is wonderfully incharacter! I don't know what you were worrying about!
anf chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
nicely done, i was so there!
Amberfire287 chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Only a little bit OoC, and that just makes it more fun!

I think this is really great. You've really addressed a lot of the issues all OC fans want to know about in the final encounter, and you've done it well. I really love Dameon's dialogue, it's just so him. Great work!
ButterflyMouse chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
This was really good. Poor, poor Dameon. I enjoyed reading it despite being a Rushton supporter.

I think you did a good job of only taking the characters as far out as you needed for the plot and keeping them true to form for the rest. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe breaking up the part where Dameon runs off a little, it was just a bit confusing the first time I read it.

But otherwise it's really really good. :)