Reviews for In Blackest Night
silverwolf chapter 6 . 2/22/2014
you should continue stories like this maybe have Ron , Monique and Yori represent Hope,love and compassion in Kyle's new guardian team
code R.R chapter 9 . 6/3/2013
interesting I liked it :)
Sailor Pandabear chapter 9 . 3/6/2012
wonderful.
Storyteller222 chapter 9 . 5/27/2011
I wonder how Kim will do in the War Of The Green Lanterns, also I wonder how Ron is going to do without any guardians in the Blue Lantern Corps. Hope the story gets advanced, chao
CMR Rosa chapter 9 . 12/25/2010
This was a great story I can'nt wait to see Ron Stoppable: In Brightest Day.
Classic Cowboy chapter 9 . 9/15/2010
I had a feeling (and hoped) you'd go with Brightest Day. So what's Ron's "mission" going to be to get to live? looking forward to more _
Wanderer3 chapter 5 . 9/10/2010
Hi again. Let's get started.

It's harsh with Toshimiru destroying the school and its student. It's either tragic or some sort of poetic that the creator of the school also destroys it, not sure which? Probably the bad one. And excellent stuff with Sensei being blank to the Zombie Toshimiru, if anyone could be, it'd be him.

I hadn't thought of Fukushima as a candidate for a ring. But he makes sense, good goin. I can just picture him wearing like black pants, with yellow Gi top, all with black trims and a Sinestro symbol on his back.

Yori had a cool intro. She'd fit well in some kind of hand made ninja outfit reminiscent of the Indigo Tribe.

Monique...nice she's being used and taking part, but a part of me was lookin forward to Ron getting slightly tongue-tied or having an awkward moment dealing with Monique (and to some extent Yori) in such a revealing outfit. Sure he loves Kim like no other, but he's still an 18 year old American male. He's going to react to beautiful women in sexy and revealing outfits. Oh well, least she's already a cut above with her altering her outfit like she did. There ARE some differences between the outfits of some Sapphires, but only some, stil have the tight tops, belly shirts, skirts (i could picture Monique in one of those btw), leggings, elbow gloves, high white collars and somtimes masks. Anyway...good stuff.

Nice little joke about Kim's power ring making a Car Insurance reference. And finally Team Possible is back together and far more powerful than ever before! However the big challenge of the space born zombie mayhem is still to come. They'll need all the help they can get.

Since this shows all the other Lanterns you plan to use, I'm still slightly disappointed in the Lack of an Orange Lantern. Yes, an OL is stronger the few there are, but it could still be done. Drakken with his desire to rule the world might work, but in keeping with the age group you seem to be using, then definitely either Camille or Bonnie would fit the bill.

-Camille had it all; money beyond measure, Fame (of sorts) with all the papparazzi following her, and she can get anything and go anywhere she wanted. Now she doesn't have it and wants it back. Add the fact she can BE anyone she wants to get what she wants works for it as well. She can even kill some papparazzi with her Orange Ring and make them part of her own contructs.

-Bonnie wants all the attention, prestige, handsome boyfriends, money, that other people have. And would want nothing better than to show up Kim in any and all possible ways. Her contructs could be made to be her own Posse, just like back in High School. Plus she'd want to beat Kim and make her an OL, just like Lex wanted to do with Superman. Both Lex & Bonnie have severe jealously over a Hero.

Anyway that's my thoughts. I leave you with what I think is the best possibility I've heard for the Orange Lantern Corps Oath:

"This power is mine, this is my light.

Be it in bright of day, or black of night.

I lay claim to all that falls within my sight.

To take what I want, that is my right!"

Gotta Blast!
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 9 . 9/10/2010
Fantastic story, enjoyed every chapter.

I can't wait for the next installment of this series.

Thanks
Wanderer3 chapter 4 . 9/10/2010
Sorry for not reviewing sooner. It's just that as soon as I THINK I know what I want to say, you come out with another chapter. *notices chapter 9 going up* SEE? Ya did it again!

Anyway, I'll try to keep these reviews on a per chapter basis.

Nice start to the Zombie-Apocalypse. Makes sense from Kim to go see the big family of detectives to find Ron, if anyone could it'd be those cave-dwellers.

And Gill's intro to the Red's was right on character. Though woulda thought that Gill would keep calling Ron 'Squeeb' instead of by his name in any way shape or form, while he was all Roided up! His fight with Kim proceeded nicely, she put up a good fight, right up till the end of the chap.

Then there's the Blacks: Warhok & Warmonga, wasn't really surprised. Nat Possible, interesting but not completely unexpected. Toshimiru though was surprising, didn't think he'd be among the revived, especially since he's been dead so long. But since the black rings brought back Hawkgirl's and Hawkman's original bodies then it's easy to believe.

And I called it! Nice with Adding Monique to the big show. Such an under-used character sometimes. I read up on Sapphires again and the Violet rings always provided a choice for their bearers. So, I'd assume that the choice for Monique was that she could use it to find Ron and help her friends out more often.

Anyway, good stuff. And I look forward to more.
KP's Man chapter 9 . 9/9/2010
Great story with an evil cliffie! I hope you didn't forget my previous suggestion about the FT stories.
Mitchkpfan chapter 9 . 9/9/2010
To Waveform,

Good epilogue. It was rather emotional, like the rest of this story. So, Ron is going through trauma, the Guardians get told off, Kim is going home, and the Entity warns Ron about Gil.

It looks like Kim and Ron will just miss each other again (they rarely get a minute with each other in this continuity).

Dr. Mid-Nite criticizing Ron's cholesterol level: love it.

Thanks for using my suggestions involving the Martian Manhunter and the new Impulse (Rufus on J'Ohn's shoulder brilliant). Having Barry Allen confide with Ron is great also. I hope you manage to tell the story about that case J'Ohn had with Team Possible sometime.

A couple of questions: "The fact that both young people were clothed in their normal nighttime attire helped, too." Kim's regular pajamas aren't that modest (at least the top isn't). Is this a more modest set of pajamas than we've seen her in?

"Batman made sure the Justice Society wasn't looking to add you to our ranks." I thought the Society only recruited the decedents of golden age heroes (of course, I have wondered what Kim and Ron's grandparents did in WWII). Were they making an exception here and the League was trying to beat them to it?

In general, "In Blackest Night" was emotional (and chilling in places, due to the source material). It bought Kim, and later Ron, to places we don't normally see them at (both figuratively and literately) and were probably worth exploring. It's a good blend of the KP and DC mythos (not an easy feat) and kept leaving us for more.

You've inspired me to do a KP / GL crossover myself...with the movie continuity (more accurately, the video game tie-in to the movie). So, it will probably be after the film comes out next year.

I look forward to your Brightest Day story. However, I also wonder if you have any Fast Track universe stories in the near future (I, for one, have wanted to see where you're taking Bonnie as a villain).

Take care.

"All will be well."

"Live."
screaming phoenix chapter 9 . 9/9/2010
Well I can see why Ron might feel quilt over surviving the battle when so many others didn't. It would be in his nature to do so. You do a good job of showing his conflicted side.

You also portray Kim's anxiety at both her sitch and Ron's.

You can almost feel the discontent she has for carrying out her Lantern duties when she would rather be with Ron to comfort him.

So the next part will be a continuing of this tale. Maybe expand on Ron's abilities a bit more? I want to know Ron's connection with this Entity and what plans it has for him and maybe Kim as well?

It looks like Gill is still a major pain in the posterior.

Will we be seeing a 'Fast Track' storyline anytime soon?
Shrike176 chapter 9 . 9/9/2010
Good ending. Honestly, this chapter really resonated for me in light of current events in my life, Ron's behavior seemed a lot like the mourning the loss of a loved one. The trouble sleeping, guilt and other major changes really hit home, it was very well done. Good thing Ron has Kim with him through this, I doubt he'd be doing as well if he didn't have people to help him through this.

Looks like Ron's got a lot to keep his mind occupied at the moment, that should help. Look forward to seeing what comes in the next story, though I'm not sure what you mean when you say you'll be starting the next story when a different story is closer to completion. Whatever comes next, I look forward to it.
JCS1966 chapter 9 . 9/9/2010
Just when Kim and Ron can get a chance to ghave some happy endings after a "Night" of real drama, a loose end is about to pull a Siperboly Prime and escape tosettle the score. This is, of couse, part of a bigger destiny awaiting Ron.

But this is a story that has to wait until later, yes?

Greaat ending and very evil cliffie. One can only hope the main storyline is resolved soon enogh to see the continuation.

See you soon, Waveform!
CajunBear73 chapter 9 . 9/9/2010
Quite the 'Agony County' chapter, full of angst and breast beating...

But some decisions have been made, some are formulating and in it all solace and understanding are starting to come through.

But things intrude as closure is still elusive.

Hope Kim and Ron can reunite in life so they can forge their futures together.

In love.

Now about that loose end about to rip open...

CB73