Reviews for Kittens in Babylon
Spica75 chapter 6 . 2/12/2013
A rather unique crossover, and a good one as well. Maybe continue/finish it some day? _
Kalaong chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
Awesome. Any chance Bean show up? I always thought there could be something between him and Rally - or that he was at least really interested, and Rally was comfortable enough around him to let something develop despite her preferences - kinda a reversal of "everyone's gay for Johnny Depp" kind of thing.

Okay, I think Rally/Bean is hot (loved Madame Manga's "Chasing The Dragon") and I want to see him beat the crap out of several dozen Space Nazis at once.
bissek chapter 6 . 2/6/2011
So am I right in assuming that Rally is Vivi and Shianti's 'father'?

Possible items for the future:

Word of God stated that Ivonova had a brief fling with Talia before her personality was reset, which makes the XO bi-curious at the least. Possible love triangle between Rally, Susan, and Marcus?

Would Becky be good enough to uncover Bester's greatest secret? That his real name is Steven Dexter, son of the two most notorious anti-Corps terrorists in history (Who committed suicide rather than allow themselves to be taken by the Corps - something Ivonova would find amusing), and grandson of Kevin Vacit, who was simultaneously director of PsiCorps and a rogue telepath? It would be a challenge. Vacit went to considerable effort to destroy all connections between Bester and his parents, as well as himself to his daughter, after she and her husband blew themselves up.
HWSoD chapter 6 . 2/6/2011

"And that's not the kind of thing to ask them up front," he decided with a trace of dark humor.

I like that line
James Axelrad chapter 6 . 1/28/2011
great bit of fic.
skywiseskychan chapter 6 . 1/26/2011
Morden and Goldie's little girls. Maybe with kerosine, these things seem to be getting better and better. I can see how this is a transition chapter, especially with the Mimbari and the girls spending the first little bit of time together.

What actually seemed the most rushed to me was the seeming open secret about rally's dislike and fear of psicore among the other gun runners on the station. That is something that you might consider reconsidering, or at least cleaning up. Right now it just appears that they all know what it is she's afraid of.
ariel stormcloud chapter 6 . 1/26/2011
great story
UncleKai chapter 6 . 1/26/2011
Wow. Thats a very intriguing web you are spinning. I'm thoroughly hooked. :)
Annara Ren chapter 6 . 1/25/2011
Now I want to go and re-watch both of these series :)

Thank you for a wonderful story!
Karasu00 chapter 6 . 1/19/2011
Though this piece of fanfiction does not have many others of a similar fashion to compare it to it shines out in this darkness as an example of how unique crossovers written with great poise, elegance, and respect for the source material can create something spectacular and uniquely divine. This piece got me to re watch Babylon 5 and reminded me again why I love Gunsmith Cats so much. My only question would be how far into GSC this draws on before it diverged with Rally joining the war, if it includes Bulletproof, and where Goldie's faithful second Dennis is since I'd doubt he'd abandon her or just leave her kids out in the world without at least tailing them.
skywiseskychan chapter 5 . 1/17/2011
Well, I went to your site to read chapter five and was not disappointed. It is interesting to see shadows of Goldy interrupting the plots and plans of the shadows themselves. I never really liked the particular episode your drawing on for this bit of the story arc, the evil always seemed a little too stupid to be so smart, or too smart to be so stupid. Having it tasked to go out and kill a specific person and then get trapped up in security seems more reasonable than just luring it with familiar bait but it still seems as though it should have been able to just escape.

I am glad to see more interaction between the Vincent's and the Mimbari. Its good for them, like vegetables. And speaking of, while it seems clear that Kerosine is at least slightly well known in its effects, It's a little surprising that the cure is not just commonly available in military medical database's.

Now I can see that going one of two ways, being available to everyone and widely spread by psi core to stamp out the use and usefulness of Kerosine, or shrouded in mystery because with it you might be able to reverse engineer the original drug. Now I'm sure it could be for a third reason, such as psi core just wanted knowledge of it to die and damn the innocents who suffer but it seemed to me that needing to go back to the original doctors work for a cure is a little too tricky. If they know about it, then even if it wasn't included in their database's they should just be able to make a request to earthforce for the antidotes formula. A better reason for a delay on the response would be either, it just takes some time to dig up, or they were trying to get it without going through official channels.
ariel stormcloud chapter 5 . 1/13/2011
great story
skywiseskychan chapter 4 . 1/12/2011
The plot thickens a bit. I'm glad to see the rest of this chapter. I was a little sad when it was posted incomplete as then I wouldn't get a new notification when it was updated. I'm reveiwing this now after chapter 5 came out. Rereading a bit I am looking forward to finding out what G'kar and Londo's reactions will be when they each realize what the other knew about Rally that day. I'm also looking forward to seeing if there is going to be any real reaction to Rally using a firearm instead of justa PPG in the gunfight.

Of course also of interest is how the Mimbari are going to act toward her as her character is further revealed to them in the wake of Misty's death and what has come after. (Also I knew I was right about that.)

PS.

Rally drew out the CZ with her right hand and put a PPG in the right as she listened and watched signs and breathed in the air.

I think you need one of those to end up in the left hand.
VizeerLord chapter 4 . 1/5/2011
in my top 10 must read stories.
For Spite chapter 4 . 1/5/2011
I'm glad to see more of this highly original idea and it's good to see my suspicions confirmed, both about parentage and Rallly's obliviousness. The action and characterization are well done and I see what are probably Goldie's followers making a move. It really makes sense that she'd have some hard-core true believers left after she was gone, considering her hobbies. Plenty of cults with less thorough indoctrinations hang on for a bit after the main prophet dies.

I did have to go back and reread the twin's descriptions to keep straight which had which appearance.

One slight issue that might just be my browser, on your site chapter three has several scenes that show up once in the right place and then one or two more times, making things a bit disjointed and repetitive. At least I assumed the first time was in the right place, since it seemed to fit, but I suppose one of the others spots might have been it.