Reviews for Carefully Taught
Darkover chapter 22 . 4/23/2012
Dear Linda: This last chapter was especially delightful and very well written! The dialogue was very good-everyone seemed completely in-character. IMHO, you wrote both Eowyn and Arwen particularly well. Eowyn was very much the Shieldmaiden protecting her children-and horses-but she was able to recognize that Sulion meant no harm. Arwen was every bit the friend, gracious lady, and queen that she is-finally able to accept that Sulion was a friend, admitting her own mistake but understanding that it is more important to accept the friendship of their unusual guests than to dwell on past errors. There is so much good in this chapter: Faramir and Eowyn are the proud parents of a new baby, all of the children-Eldarion included-were able to experience the joyous delight of flying while on the back of a dragon (I envy them!) Aragorn, by his own studious and kingly efforts, has made new friends and allies-and cemented a previous friendship by inviting Ambassador Tahir and his family to join them all. Fu Nung has recovered, and he and his dragon are ready to go home and see Fu Nung's family. I esepcially liked how Aragorn, in a manner typical of him, reflected upon his many blessings at the conclusion of the story. And you are right, this *is* St. George's Day, which makes this story all the more appropriate. At least this time the dragon was made into a friend, instead of having to be slain! Thank you for writing and posting this fine story. Sincerely, Darkover
JuliaAurelia chapter 22 . 4/23/2012
Aw, little Thorongil! So cute. And I liked how Eowyn was finally convinced Sulion wasn't a fell beast.

It sounds like such a nice ending, with everybody happy, and Fu Nung is healed and can fly home with Sulion. Aragorn and Gondor even gained a new ally. I do hope Sulion and Fu Nung are able to visit, as I know everybody (especially the kids,) would enjoy it.

Happy St George's Day to you, and congrats on finishing this wonderful story, which I have enjoyed so much!
Trich chapter 22 . 4/23/2012
Great work! I really enjoyed this story. Thank you again for this great piece of art
Wtiger5 chapter 22 . 4/23/2012
A fitting end for a wonderful story. I loved the way you had drama and the uncertainty in the chapters. I have enjoyed reading this very much and am sorry to see it end.
B.S.Sokraloff chapter 21 . 2/24/2012
Dear Linda! Thank you for your story! I read it for a long time, but I'm a shy and silent reader...

I really like everything: characters, ideas, language... It is good to see that while in Russian Tolkien-based fanfiction main attention is drawn to the Silmarillion, here people still are interested in so-called "post-canon".

Again, thanks a lot!
Darkover chapter 21 . 2/14/2012
Dear Linda: This chapter was, as usual, a pleasure to read. Sulion is becoming one of my favorite characters. He is so full of himself but still willing to help, and clearly has become attached to the King, the Steward, and their families-although he still is not too far of Arwen, and vice-versa! Still, he does seem to be growing on her. Now Eowyn and the new baby are safe, and the mystery of Farawyn's affliction has been cleared up. I look forward with happy anticipation to more chapters! Thanks for writing and posting this one. Sincerely, Darkover
Glory Bee chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Loved this chapter! Wish Arwen had been my midwife, she had a very calming influence, and she made a quick recovery from her dragon flight. :) I liked how all the kids were absolutely fearless about Sulion. :)
Deandra chapter 21 . 2/12/2012
Oh dear! Now Eowyn knows the truth, but perhaps Sulion's warning about the False Violet will win her favor - if she hears about it BEFORE she gets to her sword!

- Deandra
JuliaAurelia chapter 21 . 2/12/2012
"Arwen was already running into the house. "What shall we do, my lady?" a frightened serving maid greeted her. "There is a dragon on the lawn!"

"Never mind about that!" Arwen replied. "Where is Lady Éowyn?" ROFLMAO!

Ah, so those violets were poisonous! I'll never look at candied violets the same way again :)

Sulion, Aragorn, and Eladarion were hilarious.

Congrats to Eowywn! I can't wait for Fara to show up and see his new son.
acacia59601 chapter 21 . 2/12/2012
Oh, Eowyn is going to have a fit! Update soon!
Deandra chapter 20 . 1/16/2012
Poor Arwen! Caught with her back against the wall, but perhaps now she will soften toward Sulion.

- Deandra
Arabella Thorne chapter 7 . 1/14/2012
I have to go and finish a cake for my daughters birthday (she's 20!) (and I am old!) so I don't have time at the moment to finish this.

Anyway I just wanted to say what a gifted writer you are this is marvelously written. Intelligent low key and so very much in character. You have excellent writing skills...and more importantly you're a good storyteller

Arabella Thorne
Trich chapter 20 . 1/13/2012
Great chapter again ) I really enjoy this story
Mirach chapter 20 . 1/13/2012
The website doesn't show, but I found the picture - exactly what I imagined when I read that part, and thought "this would be a lovely picture to draw" ) And Arwen should really stop being rude to their guest, I know she has been "carefully thaought" that way, but I can't help myself to not dislike her in this story.
Wtiger5 chapter 20 . 1/12/2012
Now that is twist. I hope Eowyn is alright. Arwen is changing her tune a bit although I don't think she and Sulion will ever be close friends.
193 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »