Reviews for Carefully Taught
The Otherworlder chapter 20 . 1/12/2012
Yay, update! I am liking this dragon a lot now; he is quite a sprightly and funny little guy (maybe not so little). I suppose dragons are supposed to be ancient creatures (just how old is this one anyway? lol), but Sulion feels like a kiddish dragon, smart but a bit proud and jumpy, in fact he reminds me of Toothless! XD And I hope to see more of his rider too. Love to see descriptions of the foreign and the exotic (in Middle-earth context that is; chopsticks and silk aren't so exotic anymore XD)
JuliaAurelia chapter 20 . 1/12/2012
I saw the illustration, it was very cute and went very well with this chapter. I think Arwen is about to have her her mind completely, or pretty completely, changed about dragons, when she sees how fast she and Aragorn get to Ithilien to help Eowyn and the baby. And Elbeth's note was great-it was so in-character for her, I could practically see her writing it. Can't wait for the next chapter!
acacia59601 chapter 20 . 1/12/2012
Great chapter, I can't wait to see Arwen's response to dragon riding! I can't decide if she's going to end up sick or having the time of her life! I guess I'll have to see!
Glory Bee chapter 19 . 12/24/2011
This was lovely Linda and just in time for Christmas.:) I am happy that at least one dragon has a good heart. I can understand Arwen's fears though as she has lived thousands of years and knows much of the evil dragons have caused. It was good to see Faramir step up to the plate and be bold :) Merry Christmas to you my friend!
JuliaAurelia chapter 19 . 12/24/2011
So good to see Farawyn so much better (LOL,"nice horsey,") and Aragorn seems to be getting better too. Also, this incident and how Sulion helped save both Farawyn and Aragorn by getting them back to the Citadel quickly and keeping them warm seems to have changed Arwen's opinion of dragons, at least a bit. I loved it when she got into bed with Aragorn and curled up against him at the end.
Deandra chapter 19 . 12/23/2011
How sweet! And I am glad to see them reconciled, despite what it took to accomplish it.

Happy Christmas to you, also!

- Deandra
acacia59601 chapter 19 . 12/23/2011
Great chapter, and Merry Christmas to you too!
Trich chapter 19 . 12/23/2011

i really love this story. cant wait till the next chapter comes out
Darkover chapter 19 . 12/23/2011
Dear Linda: A very dramatic and enjoyable chapter. Farawyn is healed, happily, and Sulion provided some comic relief with the drama, especially with his remark about how he must tell Fu Nung and the latter's wife to have a girl next time, instead of another boy! The dialogue in this chapter is particularly well written. I also liked Faramir's angry words to Arwen, because I know that they were prompted by deep concern for his friend and king. Arwen seems at last to understand, or at least willing to consider the possibility, that Sulion is not evil and indeed has been of some help. Also, she is back with Aragorn and willing to be there. It took a crisis for her to reach that point, but that makes sense, in view of what dragons in Middle-Earth were *usually* like, and the long memories Elves have. It was a pleasure to read this chapter, and I look forward to the next. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Sincerely, Darkover
Deandra chapter 18 . 11/19/2011
Yes, I've fallen behind again in my reading.

Quite the dramatic chapter. I'm glad Farawyn is all right now, but you really must stop torturing poor Aragorn this way!

- Deandra
acacia59601 chapter 18 . 11/11/2011
Ack! Evil Cliffhanger of doom! Update soon!
Darkover chapter 18 . 11/11/2011
Dear Linda: Another excellent chapter in a fine story! Everyone, including Sulion, remained in-character. The dialogue was very well written, including that of Farawyn. I loved the "Nice horsy?" "Nice birdie?" And when Faramir told Sulion about how the king was not covering himself because "We need conceal nothing from the One who made us as we are," I was amused and delighted that "Sulion immediately spread out his wings so that his markings were visible and preened." It just seems so typical of this dragon, who has quite an ego! Still, amusing as some passages were, this chapter was quite dramatic, and you did a fine job of impressing the reader of that. I was touched and pleased that Aragorn called Farawyn "my heart's treasure," and in spite of Sulion's size and strength, had no fear of him, or patience with him, if the dragon did not perceive how much he, the King, loved his little daughter. I also felt for Faramir, dubious about the whole enterprise but still devoted to his King and friend, and willing to do whatever was necessary to help Aragorn. Besides, Elessar is the King-it would not be a good idea, especially at the moment, to try to tell him what he can and cannot do. You have ended this fine chapter on a cliffhanger, and I eagerly await the next installment. Thank you for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
JuliaAurelia chapter 18 . 11/11/2011
A beautifully written chapter, especially the descriptions of the lake in winter, that was also filled with emotion. Also, huge cliffie you left us on there-better come back soon and let us know what happens to Aragorn!
Kate Poem chapter 18 . 11/11/2011
By the Valars! Nooo! Aragorn must no die.

Wonderful chapter. I could wait longer... of course if I must, I'll be wait for next a half of year, but please, don't order wait so long, please.

Aragorn is the best father of Middle Earth. Faramir best friend and foster son, Tien Li best dragon. I hope he'll help Aragorn in some way.

I hope everyone will be alive.

"Nice birdie". Go, Farawyn, go, tell your Naneth about this "nice horsy".

I hope my rewiev has any sense... Huggs and best wishes from unpatient Polish!

Update again!
Glory Bee chapter 18 . 11/11/2011
This is such a compelling story Linda! And alas yet another cliffhanger :(( Hope you will update soon :)
193 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »