Reviews for Light Up the Night
Balin Lord of Moria chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Amazing story and concept! Even though I don't believe in a literal Goddess, I think it's very interesting to read about each SW woman having a divine quality or trait. I wrote a spiritual story about SW characters myself under Star Wars: The Clone Wars Fanfiction Archive, and I may write another one soon.

Again, a nice job, especially since I have a small partiality to the company of women.
Michonne chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
How unique! You should be a writer...you have a beautiful way with words!
Anakin-Jason-Skywalker-Kenobi chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I love this! :)
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
The Star Wars universe has so many awesome female characters. This is just the story I've been looking for. I loved the glimpses at all of the women, but I especially enjoyed Aayla's section. It's nice to see someone write about female characters of SW in a way not connected to romance.
PinkRangerV chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I don't know most of the characters, but amazing. I love the idea of each Star Wars woman as a metaphor for the Goddess. Great work! :)
NerdyNel chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
There's a certain mysticism to this piece that is very special. Each character in a sense represents part of what is to be a woman, and yet at the same time, each one is undeniably unique. Simply superb writing; you are insanely talented.:)
Favorites:
Asajj (Didn't even realize who it was at first, since I didn't read the summary thoroughly enough)
Aayla
Leia
Shmi
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Awesome! Omg this story rocks :D Shmi, Aayla, Padme, Ahsoka, Shaak, Asajj, and finally Leia. Its perfect! Nice job :)
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
This is absolutely brilliant. Beautiful writing, especially in Padme's section (and it's a feat for any author for me to get to care about her, seriously). The part about females being ruled by the moon (and the hint that how many moons a planet had mattered) was a fantastic insight. I'm not sure what to say besides your prose is fantastic (I love "donning the whiteface", I think because I know you mean "became queen" but it sounds so much better than that.) Ahsoka's was another one of my favourites, with the wildness of her species and the way the word "purge" lets her see the Jedi from outside.

To be perfectly honest, Padme, Leia, and Aayla are some of my least favourite characters from the series, and please don't think I'm saying that to insult you-rather, it is to say that you've given me a very different look at and more of an appreciation for what can be done with the stories of these women in writing. (Funny how Leia is the one who mentions that men rule the galaxy-which was certainly the case if one only considered the cast of the OT. lol)

I'm left wondering where the lyrics of Shmi's mother's song are from, as well as whether Bev Ulahara and Asajj's apprentices are more fully fleshed-out characters somewhere, whether it be canon or your mind.

Actually, mostly I'm just left going "Wow, I haven't read Star Wars fic in a while, but I'm really glad I was brought to that one."
qtgirl33 chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Okay I liked it but two of them i didn't understand, the mistress of death, and Goddess of life energy who were they suppose to b? Good job :)
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Really nice.

Does Leia's name come from 'Bra'av lei-anika namei, mi leia. Namei.'?