Reviews for Leap Years
kalmaegi chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Ouch. I've always wondered about this, the childhood friend who helped you with the ropes and eagerly coached you.
aestheticisms chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I was wondering about where the entire 'Marill's evolved' line came from- due to there's been several fanfics/fanart that involve that line.

Care to enlighten me? Besides that, fantastic job, as always~!
arisu rin chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I remember receiving the exact same call. I feel bad for Ethan falling in love with a girl, who can't stay in one place. A girl that needs to keep moving on. The last sentence, was a sad, if a bit not humorous.

Sad because it seems to me, it sounds like she's never coming back.

Anyways hope to read more. Well...I'm gonna continue reading your fics now.
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Wow~, things I don't have any talent in is awesome short stories like these. (I have a need to drag things out.)

But this is both cute and very sad-I have the impression that the game never delves into characters enough.

That's what you're here for! XD Thanks for this!
puretype chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
awww, this was more than a little heartbreaking, have to say. I love calling Ethan all the time but admittedly never... visit... might have to go do that right now actually.
xMeo chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Hahaha, this was quite the enjoyable story. Poor Ethan seems like he's in an unrequited love and can do nothing but watch as Lyra leaves on her own adventure. ;] The last line was terribly sad too in an almost humorous way. Thank you for the piece and good job writing! (:
WingedSmasher chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Wow i was smart amd clcked the wrong button -3- i clicked alert xD anyway that was cute x3
Snoaz chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Really nice to see a fic of this pairing, Ibu. What I quite like here was that you turned an Influence fic also into a fic about Ethan (not) wanting to leave his house and travel. He seems like the home-bound type, and it was really nice to see him struggle with that, whilst at the same time he tries to persuade Lyra to go back to New Bark again.

Mistakes & notes & stuff:

Huh – even Marill was tired of playing games now, was it?
I think that, because Ethan has such a strong bond with his Marill, it is better to refer to it as 'he' or 'she'.

She had the bravery to just up and travel around the region one fine day
'to just up' - something is missing, I think.

They even discovered which parts of the river nearby town where swimming was wonderful in the hottest summer.
'which' should be replaced by 'the'; or you should make the sentence like this: 'which parts of the river nearby town were most wonderful for swimming in the hottest summer.'

I noticed that you didn't use their names once, by the way, haha. Case of not wanting to choose between Japanese or English ones? :D

But: nice short fic with an ending that is both sad and fitting. Kudos! :)

~Snoaz
Sapphire-Nefelibata chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Oh...love. How very cute...~ How very...aww..._
charminbear chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Aww this was a cute story. I'd really like to see more of this pair.
Puniyo chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
This was a really great write. I've always liked this pairing, and heck, you just made it beautiful.

Short, simple. Things like this where it makes you want to pinpoint through evidences that'll tell you "does he or doesn't he" definitely hits my cute taste. Lovely. Hope to see more from you. 3
manhattan martini chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
The fact that you actually picked up (in-game and all) that Marill never even evolves despite the fact that Ethan (in my case, Lyra) tells you so is fantastically epic.

I dare to say that this should be labeled as Romance/Drama because of the ending, but still, there's this really nostalgic sweetness about the way you describe the way their childhoods were spent.

The last line killed me. I'm serious.
Springflake chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Oh my gosh! I love this story so much!

And it's actually the first one I've read for this couple, even though I like it more than Soulsilvershipping. XD

Amazing, please write some more.
Cerulean City chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
I stumbled across this story this morning and found a charming little ditty about growing up-I had expected something else entirely, so it was very nice to see that the story went in a new direction.

I especially love the little touches you put on the canon characters. It made the story really believable-the fact that Marill really doesn't ever evolve, and the fact that Ethan is stuck in New Bark Town by himself for the duration of the journey through HGSS. That's really quite something. I enjoyed it a lot, and I hope to see more from you in the future!

~Tex
Strawberry Bijou chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
I loved this. I love everything you write, really. I feel bad for Ethan in this fic though... getting left behind. ):

Anyways, I enjoyed it!