Reviews for Matters of Faith
Damascus ari chapter 36 . 2/14
Damn. Thus fic is epic. I love the intertwining plots and plans. I wonder who will prevail and how :3.

Omg Rei and SCIENCE. Poor Kaji. He seems to be having really traumatic experiences. It's kind of funny (and a bit terrifying), because he's reacting like any normal person would, and Rei is just emotionless throughout.

Can't wait for Shinji to be back though.
TheDarkChronist chapter 1 . 2/5
"Well, it's been a very long time in between chapters, I'm sorry. I'm still working on the story, and it will get finished, I promise."

Lies. Deception. *insert Saw Gerrera*

Jokes aside, your fic is a bloody good one. When I watch the show or read the manga, there is a point in wich the story depresses me. Like, a lot. Anno did it intentionally, of course, but not many achieve the same atmosphere when adapting the story on fanfics. You did. When it came to portray the happier moments of our Children, you managed to make us feel that happiness. When it came to the darker parts (even when the darkest part is still to come), you succeeded again. Now you got stuck (either for lack of time [unlikely] or writer's block) and I'm really sorry for it, but I really hope that you keep going with this fic. I can claim without hesitation that this is the best Eva fic I've read, and that's saying quite a lot. So, again, I hope that you keep writing this story, as you're almost done with it. Just one final effort, pal!
Jackhammer John chapter 36 . 7/29/2016
I recently read this again and was reminded once again of how great it is. Easily my favorite Eva fic ever. I had forgotten quite a bit, so I was shocked to see so much foreshadowing, especially at the end of Chapter 22.

It's pretty interesting seeing how far you've come as an author. I'm not sure when it became really noticeable. Maybe it was when you got a proof-reader, maybe it was when the chapters got longer and darker. I don't know. I'm impressed by how you've handled the change in mood. It started humorous and pretty cute, but then became quite dark. Still though, it is often very funny. Great job.

I suppose the only thing that bothers me is the lack of German translations, but it really isn't a big deal.

Anyway, it has been almost a year since you've updated anything. I hope everything is ok and you are just incredibly busy. I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter whenever it comes out (hopefully soon). I'm eager to see how the salvage operation goes. I also want to find out what happens in North Korea!
Mobiusman3 chapter 18 . 6/21/2016
So is Shinji now Ahab crossed with Moses with a dash of Samson?
Viper5delta chapter 36 . 6/16/2016
Just read through this monster and It is (so far anyways, still lots to read) tied for my favorite Evangelion fic with In Tune. I love what you've done with the characters (especially SCIENCE! Rae). Your writing flows well, no odd sentence lengths or overly descriptive bits (And seeing as how you say this is your first fic that's fucking amazing). My favorite bit is that this fic has enough humor and zaniness to keep everything fresh without devolving into a crack fic (Which IMHO was Nobody Dies main problem and why I stopped reading around ch 70)
To summarize, very well done, especially for a first attempt. keep up the good work.
rtdeal chapter 36 . 5/5/2016
Really like the interaction between Rei and Kaji. I'm also eager to see what happens in North Korea.

Anyway, hope everything is going ok. You said you hoped to have 37 out by Thanksgiving, but it is now May. Hope to see you update this soon, or at least your profile page (some of us do check!).

Cheers.
pmw928 chapter 36 . 4/5/2016
I like every dynamic of this fanfic; your renditions of the characters are really refreshing - different from the originals, but still the same. Your take on this series - especially Rei - is really great, and I hope to see more. I know this story hasn't been updated in about a year and a half, but I hope you can back to it soon. Good NGE fanfics are quite rare these days. Keep up the good work!
Anonymage chapter 36 . 1/12/2016
I guess the homework ghosts have been hitting you hard huh? Anyway, really like your work so far. Only two things are kind of nagging at me.

1. You didn't write Shinji and Rei getting together, only mentioning it and the end of the chapter.
2. I'm getting kind of tired of Shinji being in the twilight zone. I hope he comes back soon.

Those are admittedly pretty small complaints, so keep up the great work.
T51b Moridin chapter 10 . 10/20/2015
GLaDos Rei is an amazing read. I'm seriously absolutely loving the minds and conversations of Gendo, Kozo, and Rei in this story. Its truly entertaining. The original series was really just a story of about how life got turned upside down and how ya just couldnt' take a minute to sit right there without feeling like you were most definitely not going to Belair. For real though it was a depressed flick of how every possible chance of success would be shoved away and destroyed by choices and prejudices and sheer negativity. Makes ya wonder sometimes what the author was tripping to get that whole "each character is a part of humanities most negative traits" vibe from the story. And that's really what it is. An introspection on all the most negative traits the author observed in himself.
T51b Moridin chapter 9 . 10/20/2015
Woah that was an entertaining series of chapters. The Gendo Ikari/Chuck Norris jokes were having me rolling. I especially loved when Kozo brought one up to Gendo and he was bawling.
T51b Moridin chapter 8 . 10/20/2015
Lmfao. Bam new perspective on his dad. Gotta love it. Its the little things that change peoples thinking.
T51b Moridin chapter 7 . 10/20/2015
Heh so he's mostly normal if depressed and she is pretty much crazy. Sounds good.
T51b Moridin chapter 6 . 10/20/2015
Ah misato and them just assume so much. Seriously though he needs to not live with Misato especially if he's not getting any. Waste of time. Now I know that sounds bad but still, he's risking his life to save humanity, as he said before least she could do is put out *shrugs*.
T51b Moridin chapter 5 . 10/19/2015
Lmfao she thinks she's dealing with 007 when in fact its really the cookie mosnter she's talking to.
T51b Moridin chapter 4 . 10/19/2015
Hmph. Gendo thinks too much sometimes. He forgets that even though he himself is fighting with his head he is doing it all with his soul.