Reviews for Matters of Faith
Inuyoukai52 chapter 37 . 3/25
So I'm reviewing after coming back to re-read this fic, having re-watched the series for shiggles. I gotta say I forgot how much fun I had reading this. Honestly my only gripe would be the sporadic updates, but its better than the story being abandoned entirely. That being said, it's been over 6 months since the last update, and if nothing changed I believe you graduated this past December (congrats btw). I know what its like settling in after graduation and finding a job, so if you're just too busy I understand. If nothing else, I guess I'd personally like some kind of confirmation that you plan on continuing. Especially since 4.0 is supposedly going to be released in 2019 if I recall correctly. Well, just thought I'd pop in and leave my thoughts. Regardless of what happens, know that you wrote a fantastically entertaining story here thus far.
Divine above question chapter 1 . 3/16
20 teratons would crack the Earth to the mantle lol.
Mader Levap chapter 36 . 1/31
I don't think mere 20 teratons would be enough to affect Earth's axis in any significant way, but rest of concerns is more or less valid. Talk about overkill.
Mader Levap chapter 20 . 1/27
I must say for some reason I like one little detail in this fic: Section 2. It is first fic that I've seen that has so much interaction with security agents. I mean, it is not much in general, but still way, way more than other evangelion fanfictions.
fkaske chapter 8 . 11/6/2017
This is a good light novel so far! I am having trouble trying to stop reading great job!
rjcelona chapter 30 . 10/15/2017
Don’t get on Rei’s bad side, especially when it comes to Shinji! This is a great story. I love it.
chunnin33 chapter 32 . 10/5/2017
I thought when I read rei's thoughts about shinji being a time traveller that you might pull a fast one on us at some point but I never expected this.

Holy Shit.
Timu Sutoomu chapter 26 . 9/17/2017
Just wanted to post my 2 cents here as I have now read this incredible story upto chapter 26. I have not been as thoroughly engrossed in fanfiction as this in a long time. Keep it up! You are doing a great job and have a very natural and deep writing style. There are some small errors here and there but nothing major. Especially since your chapters are as long as they are it gets easy to overlook smaller errors.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp of the Evangelion lore and although some of the characters (Rei's mostly) motivations and inner thoughts seem a little out of character that is to be expected. You took some creative license and that is your right. In fact, that is what makes this story as enjoying as it is in my opinion. Keep writing and I will keep reading. I'm loving it so far!

Grtz, Sutoomu
Mark Geoffrey Norrish chapter 4 . 9/2/2017
I like what you're doing with Rei, but the homophone confusion is common enough to be distracting: it's it is, its possessive.
Voba chapter 37 . 8/23/2017
You have no idea how excited I am to see this updated.
Gambling Willie chapter 37 . 8/17/2017
It took nearly two years to the date, but it's finally here! Even though it takes longer between updates these days, you more than make up for it with length and quality content. A few thoughts.

1. Your style makes this a pleasure to read. Thank you.
2. A lot of fire in this chapter, figuratively and literally. Very interesting.
3. Even though these past several chapters are pretty dark, there are still many lines that strike me really funny. "A monstrous edifice of lies, manipulation, torture and coldly calculated murder." got me laughing in this one. Many similes in past chapters are wonderful as well.
4. Great character growth for Maya. I was eager to see what would result from the adventure to the DPRK.
5. I enjoyed the ways you mentioned Rei's thoughts regarding life without Shinji. Very well done.
6. I have to admit I was a bit worried about the part where you wrote that Shinji could possibly have come back with a different body. I congratulate you for only giving him his leg back. I suspect that many authors would not be able to resist the temptation to make him seven feet tall with Mark McGwire muscles.
7. I don't see how Rei has any real option other than exterminating Kaji at this point, but I guess I'll find out.
8. The scene you had to cut sounds interesting, but at least Asuka and Rei have already had two fights!
9. Chapter 38 seems right up my alley because the interactions between Gendo and Kozo so far have been quite entertaining.

I'm probably forgetting a few things, but this has gotten long enough. If you don't mind my asking, who are some authors who have influenced your writing?
TheDarkChronist chapter 37 . 8/16/2017
*whistles* Yep, that was definetly worth it. To be honest, I would have taken even more time to write such a lengty chapter and of such quality. You've obviously put a whole damn lot of effort and thought into this chapter (and the fic in particular) and that makes up for the wait. Congratulations *clapping*

Ah, my dear boy is finally back! I just hope that he has just fainted by the shock of returning to a physical body after months of incorpority and that he ain't going into yet another coma! Then again, at least now Rei has a body to huddle with while he recovers, so it's fine. Gotta wait to see what happens with Asuka and Kaji (poor Kaji xD) and the exent of Maya's quest for answers, what answers she get and how she reacts to them (and the consequences it may bring).

On a more personal note, I wanted to thank you for not giving up in your writing and coming with this chapter for us all your readers to enjoy. You've made a lot of people happy, of that I'm sure. Keep up the good work!
pmw928 chapter 37 . 8/16/2017
I'm so happy this wasn't abandoned :D Keep up the writing!
darkflare75 chapter 37 . 8/16/2017
Allow me to be the first person to say thank you for the new chapter and I look forward to the fallout of shinji creating himself a new body from fire it will be entertaining to say the least and down right awsome at beast also school will be intresting
Unbansawsage chapter 7 . 3/9/2017
This is amazing.
Although shinji getting solitary confinement seems a bit um.. Overboard.
Just 24 hours of confinment could be extremely damaging to a 14 year old.
I mean, not that you should change it lol. I just wanted to get it out there. I couldnt help feeling bad for shinji.