Reviews for Kali Ma
kb18142 chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
This story is brilliant! Utterly brilliant!
Nox Gold chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
I love this story!
lillelouis chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
God I love this story!

I was thrilled at the pairing in the show, though I didn't sympathize as much with the actress who playd Kali as I'd have liked. I love the devotion you infuse them with. Love it because it always seemed like Gabriel might just be a force to be reckoned with once unleashed. Unfortunately we never quite got past the introductions.

Hope to have another from you like this, preferably with Gabe and Kali AND the Winchesters, or perhaps other angels? That'd be kinda cool to read. Love to see how you'd handle their interactions.

Also have a tiny hope that Gabe'll be back. After all it's kinda standard for the show - and that's not even counting the times Castiel's died and come back - to resurrect folks.

Cheers. Andi.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
0oh GREAT one-shot. I love it. :)
kirallie chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Go Kali! I kind of thought the poor pagans really weren't given any true justice in that ep, nice to see her powerful enough to bring him back.
FantasizingRealist chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Awwww! I love GabrielxKali! this is the best!
TheMuseCalliope chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Good gad.

I can totally see this, too. What a pairing. *whew*

Well done.
Imperial Dragon chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
A really amazing story, and Gabriel always knows just what to say.
Tuppence chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
It's nice that you went to so much research for this story, but your first mistake was in the author's note: Hindi is a language; a Hindu is someone that follows Hinduism..

Also, I would take all of the mythology with a large spoon of salt - everyone has different interpretations of the mythology and few people take them literally. (Regarding Shiva's demise, you also mentioned that the number/faith of followers is what gives gods/goddesses power; Shivism is still hugely popular so it seems contradictory for him to be that vulnerable but that is merely haggling.)

I also personally feel that the story would benefit from not being written in so formal a style. The material/mythology is already difficult for most to follow as most are unfamiliar, so a more approachable writing style might be beneficial? It just depends on what you're going for, of course.

But otherwise, it was well written. Well researched. A couple of mistakes but there's no need to follow the mythology completely, especially since there are so many variations of the same and interpretations even more.

Good effort.

~ Tuppence ~
Hat O' Doom chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
I liked this story! It certainly seemed like you know what your talking about in the story. Its so well detailed!
slaybelle69 chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
Great little story. I agree with Gab, Mommy needs a new necklace! I kept waiting for her to go blue and grow some arms in the epi and was disappointed that Kali didn't get to get her real groove on with Lucifer. This scratched this itch just a little. Now, where to find those heads for the necklace...
supernaturalfangirl8 chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
i really like this alot. i bet you had to do alot of research. it was really cool. i was also happy that gabriel came back. i like him alot and i was upset when he died...
WhispersInTheShawdows chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
This is fantastic!
Vanus Empty chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Lol, nice fixit. Plus, Kali and Gabriel are fun. Especially together.
anon chapter 1 . 4/24/2010

this is really well researched (i'm no expert myself, but i am somewhat familiar with the legend of kali and was rather disturbed at ease by which lucifer beat her).

also like the happy ending. characterisation was well done too.