Reviews for Ranma/Metroid; 'Ill Gain'
The destroyer of fate chapter 13 . 12/24/2016
Wonderful. Thanks for this
Shannon Dee chapter 13 . 10/11/2010
Fantastic story. I almost quit reading after the first chapter and I am really glad that I didn't.
YuriFan5 chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
Aw, so sad. I will admit up front I was biased against you for killing off all but two of the main characters in the first few paragraphs. I figured I would give you the benefit of hte doubt however and I am glad I did. I can truthfully say that this is an excellent story despite the two radically different bases.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 13 . 1/23/2006
Great story. Definitely going onto my favorites list.
DeadShaggy chapter 13 . 2/27/2004
I just finished reading this story a couple of seconds ago. I liked it, though it was sort of hard for me to imagine Kasumi doing all that stuff. Now I'm gonna go check out 'Chimaera' and hope Tarou gets more than a mention, just anything really. You did a good job with this fic though.
Ryu Gabriev chapter 3 . 2/6/2003
Not bad, Not bad. First Metroid crossover with Ranma 1/2 that I've seen.

One thing bugs me though...

It wasn't SR388 that Mother Brain and the Space Pirates used twice as a base, it was Planet Zebes.

SR388 is the Metroids Homeworld and is where the mutative properties of the metroid were discovered.

Metroid NES Zebes

Metroid II:RoS SR388

Super Metroid Zebes

Aside from that, everything seems pretty good so far.
BlazeStryker chapter 13 . 6/10/2002
And given that effect (the curses carrying over) it's a sure thing Shampoo's being raised indoors until they're sure Ranma isn't afflicted with Neko-Ken this time around.

You did good.
Lord Specter chapter 13 . 6/9/2002
Okay, that was .. intresting. I take it Ranma still has his skills? Hmm.. I don' know .. But over all it was a pretty good story. Just one question though... Why Tarou?
Al-Ocramed chapter 13 . 6/7/2002
Nicely done...though I have to agree with the a previous reviewer: WHERE'S AKANE? Anyway, take care, and best of luck to you!
Ushio chapter 13 . 6/7/2002
Is there something wrong with you WFROSE after all this could be considered a happy ending and coming from you that is very strange.
Philodox chapter 13 . 6/7/2002
Curiously there is no mention of Akane...

There will be a Return of Mother Brain?
Al-Ocramed chapter 12 . 5/29/2002
I enjoyed this chapter very much. Hopefully, the resoltion will begin the healing process between the two sisters. My fantasy chapter would be the following: What if Nabiki and Kasumi were able to go back in time to prevent the disaster? Would their presence insure the arrival of the metroids or prevent them? Worse question still, how would the Nerimans react to a "harder edged" Kasumi and Nabiki, especially, by some miracle of the Kami, if they leaped into their past selves (like an older Akane did in "A Letter In Scarlet")? Would Ranma and Akane feel bad, now that "dear Kasumi" is a GRANDMASTER of "Anything Goes-ryu"? Also, I notice that Kasumi may have feelings for Ranma...maybe Nabiki too. How would Ranma feel about that? Anyway, these are just some thoughts of mine, inspired by your story. I can't wait to read the next installment. Take care!
dswynne chapter 9 . 4/19/2002
Hi. Love the story. Since Kasumi is learning from ALL three branches of Anything Goes, will she able to charge herself by going on a panty raid? ;) Just kidding. Maybe you should include a way for the two sisters to participate in the "Super Smash Brothers Melee" tournament. Who knows if the grand prize will include the restoration of Earth? I would love to read Kasumi getting the "Metal Samus" armor. Also, with the amount of junk that Happosai has collected, maybe there's a way for the sisters to go back in time to stop the metroid invasion from happening. One more thing. What if the girls get exposed by the rays of a blue star, and develop powers like Superman? Superman is from a red star planet, but could only develop powers from yellow stars. Just a demented thought. Anyway, keep up the good work!
Norad III the MSTing Battlecruiser chapter 7 . 3/5/2002
:JS: Hmmm...interesting, interesting. Although you should have salvaged at least ONE main character from the Ranma team(Ukyo, Ryoga, Akane, Shampoo, Genma, Mousse, or Ranma himself) Although Ryogo probably wouldn't be the best choice; he'd probably walk into the bathroom and wind up on Zebes.

:Washu: I want to see where this one's heading. Make more!

:Samus: YOU KILLED ME! HOW DARE YOU! I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS INSULT!

:Meis: (To author) Just pray to God she doesn't decide to "Beetle-Bailey" you. It's very painful.

:Invictus: I simply cannot condone the destruction of Holy Terra! I like the story, but I think that there should have been a chapter later on where they return to Earth and find a "resistance force" or something like that!

:X: Well, everyone seems to have their panties in a bunch today, don't they? (Notices everyone glaring at him) _; Uh...uh...I didn't mean anything by it, honest! Anyways, I like the story, and await the next chapters eagerly.

:JS: Oh yeah, almost forgot! Your typos seemed to grow in number near the last few chapters, especially at the end of the seventh one. I am the master at nitpicking, so you might want to use a spellcheck from now on. I just HATE typos!

:Washu: Well, that's because you're a picky pain-in-the-ass who doesn't know when to shut his mouth. Now SHUT UP!
skunktrain chapter 3 . 2/13/2002
this is an intriguing series, I will be sure to follow it. As an avid Metroid fan I have to point out that while the metroids were from SR-388, the space pirates never set foot on the planet; Mother Brain's operations were run exclusively out of the planet Zebes (Zebes was never given a serial number type name in the game). Other than that I have no complaints of any nature. Keep up the good work.