Reviews for Harry Potter Returns
ArthurShade chapter 26 . 7/15
A truly magnificent story looking forward to the the continuation of it
The idea was good but... It just feels so plain and boring
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 26 . 4/17
This was a very interesting story. It didn't at all go where I was expecting. It was fairly unpredictable, but everything flowed well.

There were a few things that didn't get addressed by the end, but they either didn't end up playing into the story like I had expected, or they would have bogged down the ending, so it makes sense that they weren't addressed. Harry never really reconciled with Molly Weasley. It seemed like she was still mad at him for dragging her kids off to America. I'm not sure whether it's important to Harry anymore, though. I would have liked to see Martha and the Weasleys interact, but it wouldn't have really contributed to the story. I also wanted to see Clark and Martha come back together at the end, where Clark has to tell her what happened. I imagine that it would be pretty traumatic for her to suddenly be attacked by her super-powerful son, when it had never occurred to her before to be afraid of him.

Early in the story I wondered how Jason White would play into it, if at all. I find it interesting that you didn't address him or his parentage at all. Of course, in the movie it seemed like his powers were activated or induced by either exposure to the kryptonite or extreme stress, neither of which happened to him in your story.

You didn't mention exactly what the deal was between Luthor and the Ministry at the end. I assume they just let him go. It's concerning that he still has the two crystals that he stole from the Fortress. He could end up going through with his land-grab plan with the crystals, but maybe he'd think twice about it now that he is aware that there are other powerful people besides Superman who could stop him.

I also would like to have known how Clark is going to go back to his life. He's coming back as Superman, and I realize that his public return is out of the scope of this story, but you don't address whether Clark is going back to being Clark, i.e., whether he gets a job (at the DP or elsewhere) and settles down with a civilian life.

Despite these still-open questions, the story wraps up quite nicely. The heroes have a plan, and they execute it. The bad guy isn't defeated by pure chance nor by bad planning on his part.

The overall pace of the story is quite good. I'm impressed that you were able to go back and forth between Harry, Clark, Luthor, Voldemort, Harry's friends, and others without losing track of the thread of the story. Each section was long enough to tell its own part of the story but short enough that I didn't forget what everyone else was up to. I was especially impressed by the sections where time didn't flow at the same rate for different people. The story was kept current on all fronts rather than telling one point of view far in advance of where other points of view were in the story.

Thanks for putting so much time and effort into writing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading. :-)
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 25 . 4/17
Well, I really didn't see Superman's possession by Dormammu coming. I assumed that he couldn't handle the magic.

I like your characterization of Luthor. He doesn't want to be anyone's underling, but he's willing to kowtow to whoever is in power to get what he wants. That's very much in line with how he dealt with Zod & co. in Superman II.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 24 . 4/17
You've got a good solution here for Harry defeating Voldemort without killing him.

Clark really can't handle the Eye and Orb, can he? The upside to his behavior, I think, is that one he switches their powers back, he won't be magical anymore, which means that he shouldn't be enthralled by Agamotto's artefacts (I would hope). Assuming, of course, that he is intent on giving Harry back his magic, not just taking back his super powers.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 21 . 4/16
Ginny, Ron, and Hermione are unbearably rude to invite themselves over to the farm like that.

Harry is in quite a spot regarding his friends. On the one hand, they are his best friends, and he owes them some loyalty, especially since they left England to be with him. On the other hand, he's gotten mixed up in Clark's life in a way that can't be explained well without exposing Clark's secrets. Harry himself also has changed such that he doesn't need normal schooling anymore, and he also doesn't seem to be as interested in spending time with Ron nor Hermione anymore. I suspect that his relationship with Molly has deteriorated to the point that he would have been miserable had he gone to the Burrow for Christmas. It must be difficult for his friends to understand his change in behavior towards them when the don't understand what he's experienced nor the changes he's overgone recently. It's kind of sad all around to have them grow apart like that, but that's life.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 20 . 4/16
I'm glad that we finally got to see Superman use his new-found power. Suddenly gaining magic seems much more difficult to get a handle on than suddenly gaining a handful of superpowers.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 16 . 4/16
I certainly hadn't expected Dr. Strange, Iliyana, and Dr. Fate. You've taken this story in an interesting direction.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 7 . 4/15
I'm surprised that you're having Harry change schools. It makes sense that Ricky would not go to Hogwarts, though. I was looking forward to Clark being at Hogwarts. It does seem better for him, though, to learn wandless magic so that he can easily use it when he's Superman (or surreptitiously as Clark). I guess it also makes sense for Harry to leave the country.

I'm concerned about the ramifications of Dumbledore's involvement with Harry and Superman at the Fortress, but maybe that's because I don't like him and have read lots of Dumbledore-bashing stories. I'll have to see where you go with his personality.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 2 . 4/14
This story is really interesting so far. I like your power transfer method - lightning through kryptonite. Something similar happened on Lois & Clark. Twice, other people got Superman's powers by getting struck by lightning while touching metal that Superman was touching, and once Lois got his powers, and Superman was de-powered, by shooting a laser through red kryptonite. So the method you used is totally believable.

Anyway, I like the way that Clark is coaching Harry on not only how to use his powers, but how to use them ethically. It occurs to me that Clark is roughly Harry's parents' age, and he could quite easily fill in as a much-needed father-figure/mentor, especially with Sirius gone. I'm eager to see how their relationship continues through the summer and at Hogwarts.

I'm wondering, now that Harry has perfect vision, will he continue to wear glasses like Clark does? (Though I don't think that Harry knows that he does yet) Then he can have a secret identity and be Superboy (or something similar) when Lex's plans come to fruition.
Jonn Wolfe chapter 26 . 11/7/2016
Well, this was a jewel - very well thought out, and a coherent merging of the three universes.
Thanks for writing this thoroughly enjoyable read. )
WhiteElfElder chapter 26 . 10/7/2016
Can't see Harry and Kara lasting.
WhiteElfElder chapter 22 . 10/7/2016
Ever since Clark took the power and titles from Clea it seems to have changed him, or it unlocked Kal-El; now he wants all of his power back from Harry and somehow I doubt he will return the magic in exchange.
WhiteElfElder chapter 21 . 10/6/2016
How rude are Ron and Hermione to invite themselves to the Kent farm when it is not Harry's home at all? Something is really wrong with Hermione and Ginny, and more than just them working to set Harry up with Ginny.
WhiteElfElder chapter 20 . 10/6/2016
I wonder if Harry and Kara could be provided a ring as well...and make it to where none of the rings can be removed without the wearer wanting it to be?