Reviews for Out of the Darkness
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 12 . 8/16/2012
Ha. When I saw this story, I was full of hope that everything would eventually be resolved for Virgil, and this would go through how he coped. Hahaha.

I was right to an extent, but I never expected the possibility of all of them ending up in a similar predicament. Just wow! You did a really great job with all the suspense and drama, and I was so proud of how Virgil swallowed all his fear and managed to be so instrumental in getting all of his siblings and Dad out alive.

I LOVED this! Great job Bee! Now onto 'Upstaged', I think the next one is! Xx
Joanne Brandon chapter 12 . 12/29/2010
I won't lie this was a really good story. It was well thought out and was well written. Also the language used was beautiful and generally fit well with the mood and tone you had decided to create. An amazing story with a perfect last sentence.
Agent Nova chapter 12 . 8/2/2010
This was fantastic! I enjoyed it so much, I read it twice! The ending was great, too. Perfect.

Once again, you've managed to write a story rich detail - with amazing description and characterisation. You seem to write it all so effortlessly, too...I am in awe. I love how you had Virgil come out of this ordeal all the more stronger and confident (I still wanna hug him though) - Jeff should take a leaf out of his son's book. :)

Thank you so much for a thoroughly enjoyable read.

HappyDanceAnnie chapter 12 . 7/31/2010
Dear Bee

(I'm sorry I didn't review this last chapter when it came out, I've been out of action for a while...)

What a great ending to an fantastic story. I've had time now to sit and read AHPTP and OOTD back to back (twice actually).

Again I feel very inadequate to review your stories. I really cannot think of a single negative thing (NOT that that's the point of writing reviews), and find it hard to suggest anything 'constructive', as again, they're just damn fine stories.

A wonderfully constructed character and action arc over both stories and so very believable.

All I can say is yet again, thank you for letting these stories out and sharing them with us.

I wish I could give 'better reviews' but you'll just have to put up with these... 8-)))

TBMom chapter 12 . 7/20/2010
Loved your story. Found it entertaining and easy to read. I/m new to this, my daughter is a beta reader. I have written a story myself and am working on a 2nd. Not so much to publish,but because I find writng is relaxing after all the stress of work among other things. Thanks for your work!
hbruce chapter 12 . 7/17/2010
A perfect ending! It was definately worth the wait. I can't wait to see what you write next!
Sam1 chapter 12 . 7/13/2010
Wow, you really put the Tracys through the wringer in this story but you managed to tie everything up at the end.

Virgil's growth throughout the story was totally amazing. Even with the emotional rollercoaster he was on, he held it together and helped to save his family.

Awesome story from start to finish, Bee. I'm so looking forward to what you come up with next.
epalladino chapter 12 . 7/13/2010
Great followup to your other story. I loved the further development of Virgil's character and his acts of bravery. Thanks, Beth
Lightcudder chapter 12 . 7/12/2010
What a brilliant ending to a great story!

'As he drifted off to sleep he considered what he'd told his brothers and decided he was right - there would be no more drama, just a quiet, normal life from now on. After all, what else could possibly lie in store for him?'

Thoroughly enjoyed this! Thanks for a serious, thoughtful, well-written look into their lives.
Math Girl chapter 12 . 7/11/2010
What could possibly lie in store for him...? You're kidding, right? Although the boys' prophecies were nearly dead-on with their future careers. This was a wonderful and most satisfactory epilogue to an awesome story, Bee. I'm sure that you have many more such rattling around in there, and can't wait to read them. ;) Good work!

blue peanut m and m chapter 12 . 7/11/2010
Hey Bee,

Although I really don't want to say it, cause I have loved reading this story, what a fantastic ending to an amazingly brilliant fic.

I hope you don't leave it too long before you start another, there's just too few Virgil fics out there, and you write him so well.

Hope to hear from you again soon,

Peanut x
McHammy chapter 12 . 7/11/2010
What a super story. Excellently written and enjoyable to read. I loved every minute of it (I've sat and read the whole thing in one go!) I'll look forward to reading more of your work, soon I hope?
whirlgirl chapter 12 . 7/10/2010
Wonderful ending. Keep writing, you're really good at this.

You've portrayed everyone with insight and skill. I can believe these kids grow up into the men of I.R.. Loved how John and Scott butt heads in the hospital. They can and will get into some "Healthy debates" in the future. And I'm with Grandma. If Scott is well enough to be pacing the room he was well enough to go home and be with his family.

Your handling of Virgil and his thoughts and reasoning in the aftermath of the night was truly exceptional. Again we see the generous spirit in him and his abiding love for his family. By helping them he helps himself. He can look at his brothers with the eyes of one who has been there and maybe see trouble brewing before it gets to far. Like Gordon and his anxiety of nightmares.

What WAS he planning for that bear? I had a flash of Barclay with a buzz cut but that's just me.

Thanks Bee, for another well written story and thank you for weaving the answers to certain questions posed seamlessly into the story. Shows dedication and talent that does.

Until next time, CARRY ON!
FireFriday chapter 12 . 7/10/2010
Awsome story! I like the way you left it open like that. I'm sorry it's over though... Anyway keep writing please!
MitzyTN chapter 12 . 7/10/2010
No more drama, indeed. That was very much the Virgil we know and love, wasn't it? I really enjoyed this one.