Reviews for Morinth — Desire
The White Camellia chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Beautiful. This is just beautiful. I have nothing more to say.
masterdude94 chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
This is good! Way more introspective than I am used to, but it is interesting
jay8008 chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
I'm doing a Morinth bit for my own story, soon, and I thought "Self, why don't you go out and find a few Morinth fics for inspiration? Surely someone out there has concocted an in-depth examination of dark desires, her sexy-predator vibe, and ultimately, her tragic and loveless existence".

Bingo! You should delete that self-doubting shit at the end, this is fantastic work. I could feel the black-and-white, Film Noir world of Omega flowing around her, existing only in her eyes. Also, you fell in line with something I've always considered - somewhere, many thousands of years ago on prehistoric Thessia, there were male asari. Perhaps, somewhere deep and very primal, asari are drawn to human males just a tiny, tiny bit by...something they can't explain (perhaps that is my needy heterosexual male ego begging for attention).

Honestly, the only flaw is you didn't have a really powerful closing line with some dramatic kick to it, but otherwise this was A-plus material.

I'll try very hard to not just copy-paste this into my story, sit back, open a Coke, and say "there you go, suckas". :) (just kidding!) But still, thank you, very inspiring.
warfolomei chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
O.o Nice. You managed to capture her very well, or at least the way I see her. She does seem like a jealous creature, who wouldn't share what belongs to her and if it comes to it, brainwashes whole colony just to get what she wants.
Infernal00 chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Wow, a great story.

I would have liked if you had expanded on how she deal with bodies she leaves in her wake. Buut i realy enjoyed this thanks.
supersdude chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
loved it! great work :) now to read in flames
Jjagainst chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Really well written, it has an almost poetic flow to it. Very deep emotional stuff with lots of feelings.
Yoholic chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
An excellent oneshot, love your description of omega, though i feel the danger of shepard is pushed a bit too far
The Allusive Man chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Your Morinth fics are my favorites. You worried that something about this felt flat? Well, it feels nice and curvy to me.
esuriospiritus chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
I enjoyed this. In the game, Morinth isn't a particularly sympathetic character, but you've managed to make her one here, and that's a good thing.
Scathelock chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Brilliant writing. Despite sympathizing with her plight and agreeing with her decision to flee, I always scoffed at Morinth's combat ability; after devouring all those victims to supposedly empower herself, she's still only as strong as a single Justicar. You managed to make me forget about that element of her entirely, and in place enabled me to empathize with her and look at the world through her eyes regardless of whether or not I agree with her actions. I think one of the best aspects of this piece is how you portrayed her perspective -after- being recruited, which changed the dynamic and her entire sense of being entirely: instead of focusing on her being a voracious predator on the run from her species, you forced me to imagine her as she's trying to find her place as Shepard's ally (which, since I never recruited her, I never thought about). I also love the way you ended it: others will disagree with me, but a tale that leaves you feeling empty and hungering for more (because of how it concluded, NOT because it lacked a conclusion) is often best ending there is, when done masterfully, which you definitely did.

Beautiful insights, beautiful phrasing, a beautiful story!
BetaReject chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Honestly, I think this is the best Morinth tale that I have ever read period. You completely captured her so beautifully, the growth, her transition and the reasons behind her loyalty. I love how you show the development of her relationship between her and Shepard how they are both blessed and cursed to dance that dance of unrequited sexual tension till death does them part. I love how she the predator has become the prey. How through mercy or perhaps something else entirely she was allowed to know freedom of another sort. To love and be loved back.

I really do hope that you continue to explore this fascinating and so complex character as I think you really hit the nail on the head and I'd love ot read more!
Tonnerre chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
I certainly didn't expect him to pick Morinth. But hey, there is more than one path. You've got Morinths' charm down and her way of thinking is reflected. One reviewer said Morinth had fallen victim to Shepard..would never have thought of that either. I guess i'm too into Para!Shep to enjoy this to it's fullest But the turnabout of how Morinth is ruled by Shepard, the gravity of that is not lost on me, it kinda shakes me. And in that respect, I say Bravo.
Sam Pagan chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
I can't really say too much except that I really liked the tone of this story and I think you wrote it pretty well. It's been hard for me to get back into fanfic after a very long hiatus, but I was genuinely interested in reading your fic and even finishing it- so, yey! - haha. No but really, I think it was done fantastically.
Ganja Naraku chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Well. this blows my fic "The Game" out of the water. Well done. Love the gradual change as the whole prey/predator dynamic you had going. Hope to see more from you Maybe some Shepard/Tali?

At any rate, I'm Ganja Naraku,