Reviews for Not for Anything: The Marauders' Tale
Drifting17 chapter 24 . 11/11
I know it's kind of late, but do you think you'll ever continue this story? It's really, really good!
Kitkat chapter 39 . 9/6
This story is amazing! Soooooo sorry for Sirius!
This was incredibly well written! I loved reading it and getting a fewl for each of the Marauders. I just wish it wasn't over or that there was a sequel to it. Brilliant. I will miss it.
Oooo that was really good having Sirius echo his father's words. Makes total sense where he'd get his temper and sharpness when he can also be such a softie. This really is fantastic writing. All the characters are spot on. By far best Maurauder story I've ever come across. Sort of sad thinking about it how James was kind of the mediator one between them who held them together and then was the first to go.
This is such a great backstory for Peter. Really fits with how he became. Wow really impressed with this. So interesting and manages to make an unlikeable character sympathetic/empathetic to a degree and compelling.
OHGLOB chapter 7 . 5/15
A traitor...Peter...nice one, author.
LoneTraveler chapter 44 . 2/21
Wow, this story was quite the read! It was wonderfully insightful, complex, and rich. I loved how you structured this story (err, book!) so James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus each had their own unique voice. It was fun and involving, and more!

Really, this is one of the best Maurader Era fics I've read. (Definately in the top 2-3, and I've read oh so many.) I hope you continue to write in some shape or form!
LoneTraveler chapter 42 . 2/20
I really liked the bits of humor in this chapter. Poor Sirius! I hate to think what's going to happen to this kid at the end of the day.
LoneTraveler chapter 32 . 2/19
Those boys get away with way way too much. I feel kinda disappointed McGonnagal didn't catch them, I guess just for the sake of justice, but that's not what the story is about. Poor Severus! You did very well demonstrating Sirius's manipulative powers. I like how you write Remus as not being the perfect kid. He's a great kid, he has a good conscious, and he hears it. But he seems basically okay with the things his friends do that are mean. He needs them so so much.
LoneTraveler chapter 27 . 2/15
Okay, actually, Peter's dad isn't so much indifferent, I realize, but still very clueless about the needs of his son. There's something about the way that you've written Peter that just sticks with me, still thinking about the kid a lot. Good job!
LoneTraveler chapter 15 . 2/15
Wow, Peter's Dad is a lot more clueless than I imagined him to be. A textbook? The opposite of love is said to be indifference. A horrible model for a kid. I'm starting to have more sympathy for Peter even though his point of view creeps me out sometimes.
LoneTraveler chapter 18 . 2/11
Wow, I admire your talent for creating a backstory for the characters. I've read lots of stories about Sirius's childhood, but this is the first one I've read that explains his parents behavior in a true to life way. Wow, now I get get why his parents hate him.
LoneTraveler chapter 7 . 2/11
I just have to stop and say your take on Peter and your expression of him really sticks with me. I mean hours and days after I've stopped reading I still think about it. (I'm talking about here and the chapter 'A Rat's Tale' in the Attack of the Dementors story.) That's an indication of some excellent and highly creative writing.

There's so much I'd like to say about why it's sticking with me. The kid had so many opportunities to choose compassion yet he chose resentment instead. He had love and loyalty modelled to him as a kid, he even remembered his mother loving him when he was little. Somehow these qualities seem to have gone over his head while he nurses holding a grudge. He did need more attention from his Dad, so some resentment is understandable. However in the face of witnessing suffering (I'm talking about his mother.) we all have a choice how to respond even when when we're young. You're drawing a clear path between his thoughts and tendencies as an eleven year old to the disasterous decisions that he makes later in his life. It's tragic and chilling at the same time.
Lara140112 chapter 14 . 10/14/2014
Oh gosh, this chapter made me tear up so badly. I love the relationship between Andromeda & Sirius, it's so good to read someone offers family support to Sirius.

Also thank you for reminding me that Sirius was an innocent boy once, who would have craved his parent's love and affection. It's so easy to only think of a Sirius, who hated his family and wanted nothing to do with them.
iloveMOM1597 chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
Very cute story thanks for writing it.