Reviews for Not for Anything: The Marauders' Tale
LoneTraveler chapter 44 . 2/21
Wow, this story was quite the read! It was wonderfully insightful, complex, and rich. I loved how you structured this story (err, book!) so James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus each had their own unique voice. It was fun and involving, and more!

Really, this is one of the best Maurader Era fics I've read. (Definately in the top 2-3, and I've read oh so many.) I hope you continue to write in some shape or form!
LoneTraveler chapter 42 . 2/20
I really liked the bits of humor in this chapter. Poor Sirius! I hate to think what's going to happen to this kid at the end of the day.
LoneTraveler chapter 32 . 2/19
Those boys get away with way way too much. I feel kinda disappointed McGonnagal didn't catch them, I guess just for the sake of justice, but that's not what the story is about. Poor Severus! You did very well demonstrating Sirius's manipulative powers. I like how you write Remus as not being the perfect kid. He's a great kid, he has a good conscious, and he hears it. But he seems basically okay with the things his friends do that are mean. He needs them so so much.
LoneTraveler chapter 27 . 2/15
Okay, actually, Peter's dad isn't so much indifferent, I realize, but still very clueless about the needs of his son. There's something about the way that you've written Peter that just sticks with me, still thinking about the kid a lot. Good job!
LoneTraveler chapter 15 . 2/15
Wow, Peter's Dad is a lot more clueless than I imagined him to be. A textbook? The opposite of love is said to be indifference. A horrible model for a kid. I'm starting to have more sympathy for Peter even though his point of view creeps me out sometimes.
LoneTraveler chapter 18 . 2/11
Wow, I admire your talent for creating a backstory for the characters. I've read lots of stories about Sirius's childhood, but this is the first one I've read that explains his parents behavior in a true to life way. Wow, now I get get why his parents hate him.
LoneTraveler chapter 7 . 2/11
I just have to stop and say your take on Peter and your expression of him really sticks with me. I mean hours and days after I've stopped reading I still think about it. (I'm talking about here and the chapter 'A Rat's Tale' in the Attack of the Dementors story.) That's an indication of some excellent and highly creative writing.

There's so much I'd like to say about why it's sticking with me. The kid had so many opportunities to choose compassion yet he chose resentment instead. He had love and loyalty modelled to him as a kid, he even remembered his mother loving him when he was little. Somehow these qualities seem to have gone over his head while he nurses holding a grudge. He did need more attention from his Dad, so some resentment is understandable. However in the face of witnessing suffering (I'm talking about his mother.) we all have a choice how to respond even when when we're young. You're drawing a clear path between his thoughts and tendencies as an eleven year old to the disasterous decisions that he makes later in his life. It's tragic and chilling at the same time.
Lara140112 chapter 14 . 10/14/2014
Oh gosh, this chapter made me tear up so badly. I love the relationship between Andromeda & Sirius, it's so good to read someone offers family support to Sirius.

Also thank you for reminding me that Sirius was an innocent boy once, who would have craved his parent's love and affection. It's so easy to only think of a Sirius, who hated his family and wanted nothing to do with them.
iloveMOM1597 chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
Very cute story thanks for writing it.
IWLTxo chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
I'm re-reading this story because it's one of my all-time favourite Marauder-era fics.
Guest chapter 29 . 5/22/2014
Wow I did not see that coming and to think I almost felt sorry for Snape! Love it! :)
sherlockfangirly chapter 44 . 4/29/2014
I can't believe I just finished reading a 44-chapter fanfic! I'm very impatient by nature and I also don't read much fanfics. but yours was awesome enough to hold my interest throughout! I thoroughly enjoyed reading each and every chapter. If this fic came out as a book, I'd buy it!
Loved how you gave each character their own thought process and personalities. brilliant!
I loved Remus' and Sirius' chapters a lot..you've portrayed Remus as such a kind, delicate little boy. he doesn't deserve his fate at all. the very thought gets my all misty-eyed.
as for Sirius... I want nothing more than curl up in a corner and cry for a year. that poor, poor thing. :(
James' chapters were fun to read. Mr and Mrs Potter are so awesome!
you've written Peter very well too, it's amazing how you make the readers see the world through the character's eyes in their own chapter!
I think your writing can make even Snape look good. you seem to have a flair for it.

only thing is, I wished we had more of Lily.. but yeah, I understand that's because this is The Marauder's Tale.
also..I didn't get too attached to the idea of James pining over Lily right from the start. but then, it's simply my opinion.

I'm not even sure if you'll see this (judging by the activity on your profile) but I felt like I had to get this out of my chest. (thank god for review boxes!) I'm sorry this got longer than I intended. just wanted to let you know that you're brilliant! can't wait for my exams to get over so I can read rest of your fics! Cheers! :)
lovemya2000 chapter 44 . 8/15/2013
This Story Was SO Good! A Good Job Well Done!
amandamxym chapter 44 . 7/30/2013
Just wonderful. I really hope you suddenly fancy writing a whole load more of this (although, given what you say on your profile, not if that comes at the cost of the job you love...). I wish you the best of luck in getting your novel published.
Guest chapter 44 . 7/28/2013
Please tell me you are writing more on Thai story, it's brilliant! I'd live to see what happens to the marauders now regulus is at hogwarts, hopefully he and sirius can continue having a relationship. Please write more, it's bloody fantastic!