Reviews for Victory: Knowledge and Nightmares
Nessa chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
Wow, so amazing :D I'm not going to tell you how many times I read this over and over (7) Awesome story, keep writing :D
Clove1113 chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
This is probably just a random theery, but there is an Iris in Caisha's clove stories. The one who clove wanted/wants depending on which story to mentor to be the victor of the 80th games. Did you mean for this iris and that one to be a bit alike? They are, in a strange way. Awesome story!
Danny Barefoot chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Rue is very sensible and lovable in this story, while Thresh is characteristically taciturn. It was nice so see so much of Rue's family, they're certainly a big part of her life. Iris ought to be a bit more sympathetic to Rue though. Anyway, you've shown very well that Rue's both traumatised and working through her trauma very well. I'm writing a story like this with Katniss dying instead of Rue. where I don't think Rue will end up in such a good state, but this story is brilliantly written, like your Johanna Mason stories, and I really like it.
The Anguished One chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
You knew Rue never stood a chance at winning, but it was hard not to root for her.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Iris does have a point in all of this, being the quiet, usually timid, middle child is hard, and annoying. You do feel as though you're forgotten and only there to watch the younger kids.

I wish Thresh and Rue could have won, but I am glad that at least in this she won.
Shadows of a Dream chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Wow. Totally amazing - well-written, IC with great depth of characterization, a fleshed out family and world for Rue/Thresh, believable, and overall fantastic. My only quip would be how much older Iris sounds than 9, and their conversation with her seemed to drag a bit. Other than that, awesome fic. A few typing errors (we all have them; I think you meant "cannon" not "canon") but still, great job! :)
Silverhand9028 chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Good story idea, but poor Rue and I feel sorry for Thresh :(
LightTheWay333 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Wonderful story. You're right, she does sound a little old, but then again, I suppose I would too if I lived in Panem. When I was twelve, going onto thirteen, I thought I was the most wisest person in the world. I thought I knew everything and I was always right. But then again, who doesn't when they're twelve?
Phoenix Refrain chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Magnificient. I was a little confused at first about why the argument so much with her sister. But it really tied it together. I wish we got the chance to see more of "sweet" Prim, but maybe most of that is gone X_X
gethsemane342 chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Aha, i knew i missed one! (In my defence, i spent 2 months solidly working and basically didn't go on this site)

Anyhow, this is cool. I like the different angle and i like how Rue actually won. The family dynamics were portrayed well. All i'd say is that i think you should have explained how Rue and Katniss got separated - it sort of bugged me because i couldn't really see either of them leaving the other, though i can understand why they would.

Keep on writing

Team Rue chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Wow. That was really good! I loved it! So, Katniss save Rue and then Rue ran off to find Thresh after the rule change? That was really sweet. Nice job!
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I think you did a great job with writing the kids :) There was a wonderful dynamic between all of them, something that families definitely have - playing favorites, jealousy, but still an unconditional love. You captured that well. And Rue's maturation was definitely realistic, especially after what happened to Thresh :( Nice job dealing with the in game AU; that ending sounds very plausible.

Fantastic story, and I'm sorry that this series is almost over!
mockingjay1199 chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
I really like this one, though I have never been particularly fond of Rue. The part with Iris seemed to drag on a bit too long, but the ending was amazing! I like the idea of Rue growing up because of her experience and being able to somewhat move on. It seems pretty obvious, now that I think of it, that Rue wouldn't really kill anybody to win. She isn't that big, and she is too much like Prim to ever want to kill someone. Anyway, I hope you keep writing, even though you are done with these! I would love to read more.
caisha702 chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
I don't know why you're worried - I love this one, I always did :)

She does sound a little old but I don't think it's too much to be explained away by the growing up fast theory (and anyway, I couldn't write a twelve year old... ;)). I love Blossom's semi-cameos and I love Iris, despite having to fight back the image of 'my' Iris before I can concentrate on what I'm reading.

Keep writing (even though there are no more Victories),

Caisha (who really wishes you could have waited a bit longer to post this one - you know why...)
Ilovepeeta98 chapter 1 . 4/25/2010