Reviews for The Burning of Paper Instead of Children
amr56 chapter 1 . 8/20
This is beautiully-written, sad, and compelling. Thank you.
underratedchocolate chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
oh my goshhhhhhhhhhhh
you've converted me to ItaSui with this story, and countless others
your writing style IS SO GOOD and too rare in the fanfiction community :o
i had mantears at the end of this. darn i don't even like angst that much but i think i'm addicted now
ASFSKLGEONIJ YOUR WRITING STYLE
Bobtastico chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
You're awesome. Seriously-I've read too many stories than good for me, and few have actually managed to get such a strong reaction out of me as this one. I can't stop thinkin about the possibilities you've presented-most fics show shisui on the uchiha clan's side, itachi on the village, and in the end they come to that difference and one has to die while the other lives; they turn on each other, and this just doesn't sit right with me-I don't know why but it just doesn't. And also this: "walking into the heart of Konoha's forest; and dropping to his knees in the dirt as he screams a deep rending primal animal scream, a scream that sends birds scattering out of the treetops over his head and rips a hole in the fabric of the universe that sucks everything into its void, a void with so much density not even light can escape because it is the remnant of a brilliant star that has died..." this is just...wow. It makes you think about itachi's circumstances-realize that even though he's killed and been through war and appears ruthless and cold he's still a 13 year old boy that's stuck in between adult and child and just how strongly this (obviously) changed/affected him to be alone as a spy against his family and their eventual murderer. It broke him, basically. And I love how his love for sasuke wasn't immediate and sasuke wasn't really IN the story constantly, from beginning to end, but he still effected itachi's decisions and his (itachi's) love for his brother was obvious and didn't waver. Lol that's really all sorry for the rambling but seriously, keep writing, you're really good at it.
EuterpeDream chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
it was so beautiful

Just got onto the ItaSui bandwagon and I'm loving it :)
bobalinabokonon chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
gorrammit, I was going to be happy today
Vulpesacris chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
At 3 in the morning: I am not worthy.

Nothing I say can possibly describe the incredible respect that I have for you and this masterpiece. I am ambivalent to the pairing, but have already read quite a few of your stories. Each time I tell myself I'm torturing myself by reading your writing, but only your perfectly melancholy works can make me feel so deeply.

You make masochism and supporting dead-end pairings almost feel good. Having the luck of stumbling upon your fiction is well worth it though. I don't think that I have in recent memory read anything quite as heartwrenching as your fiction.

I just realized that this was basically the story of Itachi's life. I don't think you're weird (to be taken as compliment), I think the story makes perfect sense and all the abstract feelings that you can put into words are part of your genius.

Once again, thank you for the beautiful story. I mean all that I say.
Missng chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
My mind is reeling. I'm not sure what to think anymore. x_x Speculations on the more minor details of the Naruto plotline are always interesting, but this is, like, mind boggling. Egads... I need to stop reading fanfiction. x_x

Story well told. You're quite odd, I'll admit, but it works out well for you. :P
Seriously Yours chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Loved it. Beautiful sentences :)
ToNightIamgone chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
I don't know what else to say except that I loved this story:). Also, the parts with Sasuke made me cry (because, you know, Itachi is just such a sweet big brother T.T!) Oh, and the ending made me cry too.

Yeah, the story was perfect! Just because of this, I will now subscribe to you and read your other stories... there, now you have been warned XD.
sillypanda chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Yes, you are fucking insane. It's amazing, and sometimes disturbing reading your work becase it's like a field trip inside your fucking insane head. :) And that's why we all love you! There's so much brilliant philosophy in your work that sometimes I completely give up in trying to decipher it and instead just try to enjoy the ride. :)

As usual, great job.
Novocain chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
...I am utterly blown away. Truly and cleanly, I am floating aimlessly. I have no idea what to say at the moment, so you won't be getting a coherent review, but I know that the - prose, style, ideas, truths, lies will be simmering in my mind for a long time to come. You've effected me with this in the most visceral of ways. It doesn't need to be said, I don't think, but - excellent work.
ThatSuperGeek chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
I read your stories and I don't feel my reviews can do them justice. I could go on and on about how amazing I find everything but really I couldn't show you just how much. In all my time of reading, your fics jump out and talk to me more than anything. The emotion and character in them knocks me flat onto the ground. You are an inspiration. This story I feel, captures Itachi and his feelings in a sense I couldn't have imagined in a million years. I can't even explain what you do, but you do it, really really well.
psyche.Sleep chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
i was shedding tears at the third quarter of the fic, the part where shisui confronts itachi or vice versa. one word for the whole thing: beautiful. (that's what i say for no other word i know can describe it) sigh... (good job!)
ThePepperSheep chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
I've read a couple of your stories, and when I first saw this, I thought 'What the hell is this? This isn't what you normally write!'

But Wow... this story was just wow...

For one your Itachi characterization was wonderful. It's difficult to get his thoughts down because he acts so damn stoic the whole time, anything emotional seems out of character. You did him brilliantly. His thoughts about Sasuke and Shisui were so well done - especially how he felt his love for them.

Shisui was wonderful. His growth was just so dark and realistic. When he came back to the village, it just disturbed me, especially when he spoke about the consequences of his mind control technique it was just so unnerving... I loved it.

Another thing that struck me was the almost non-relationship Itachi and Shisui had. It was just so sad how Itachi kept a whole friendship up from a couple of letters and a memory. When Itachi met Shisui in Kiri - how he was expecting old Shisui - it was tragic. I think this is what made the fic absolutely beautiful for me.

Wonderful fic - you should write more in this style!
Medicinal Biscuit chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
You totally did not fuck anything up dear. I really liked this writing style, you had some really quirky stuff in there. Admittedly, I wasn't the biggest fan of the whole photograph thing, you made it work, especially at the end with Itachi always searching for someone out of frame.
Also there were some seriously awesome parts: "we are one but not the same" and "Do it for Sasuke," Shisui says finally, a drowning man clutching to his last lifeline. "You're doing this for him, remember? Do it – do it for Sasuke." BRILLIANCE!
If I had to sum this up in a word it would be SUBVERSION. Subverting Itachi and Shisui's traditional roles, making Itachi the victim, and all the brilliant irony that this thing is practically dripping with...awesome. I for one really enjoyed it. I love your epic oneshots.
LOVE