Reviews for Virginia Tech Poem
RosyDiffidence chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I loved this :) I live only 30 minutes from VT, and have visited it a few times, so it was very personal to me when it happened. This poem really expresses what I think is a good representation of the events, and most certainly what I was experiencing as we sat as they annouced the death toll at our, and every class or so it would rise and it was terrifying. I loved the line 'The day that Seung Cho murdered a mass of thirty-two,

The day of your nightmares, you would never believe true.'

My only complaint has to do with speaking of Seung Cho going to hell, because I myself am a Christian, and I hate to think of anyone going to it, no matter how they deserve it, and I'm certainly not going to be excited to know someone is going to suffer for eternity. :( But the way you stated it seemed more like you were simply stating the fact rather than cheering that he's going to hell(for I fear that is most likely where he is). Overall I was deeply affected by this, and I hope you continue your wonderful writing!

Sincerely,

Mlle. Acel
Maeve H chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
I have not seen this play (but I've seen songs performed at a ceremony) but I like this poem. You did a nice job using all the repetition and it seems like you know the show really well because how you used all the names and even a date. It was really cool.
Inspector Karamazov chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Ok, what does this have to do with Sondhiem's musical 'Assassins'? This is an orginal poem, not fanfiction.